AU Considered Most Passionate Basketball Fans

toddc

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, toddc said:

These rankings are generally pretty solid. But let's see Oats get past the Sweet 16 once before even putting him in the "great" category, let alone "elite".

• Like 2

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, toddc said:

See Bruce at 9 is impressive. Knowing that what he's done at Auburn, of all places, and being ranked 9th is incredible for those in my age group. Love our HBC. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, toddc said:

Overrated: Bennett 

Underrated: Pitino

Looks pretty good overall. I think Izzo might be a bit overrated as well now, he seems to be well past his prime.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

Overrated: Bennett 

Underrated: Pitino

Looks pretty good overall. I think Izzo might be a bit overrated as well now, he seems to be well past his prime.

I actually think Izzo is underrated on this list. I also think Chris Beard and Jamie Dixon are also underrated. I think Tony Bennett and Matt Painter are a little overrated 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2023 at 11:27 AM, arktiger1975 said:

These rankings are generally pretty solid. But let's see Oats get past the Sweet 16 once before even putting him in the "great" category, let alone "elite".

NCAA Tourney withstanding, Winning the SEC Regular season & Tourney titles 2 of the last 3 years is enough to make him great.

On 7/11/2023 at 12:44 PM, ellitor said:

NCAA Tourney withstanding, Winning the SEC Regular season & Tourney titles 2 of the last 3 years is enough to make him great.

Sarcasm, I hope!

5 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

Sarcasm, I hope!

Not at all. Hate Bama all we want but those are damn strong accomplishments.

On 7/15/2023 at 11:30 PM, ellitor said:

Not at all. Hate Bama all we want but those are damn strong accomplishments.

I sure wouldn't put him over the likes of Larranaga and Beard, who have been to Final Fours.

• Like 2

Calipari has done less with more than anyone.

His talent carries him until they run into coaching.

Be interesting to see how NIL spreads out the talent and levels the playing court.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/17/2023 at 5:34 PM, AUGoo said:

Calipari has done less with more than anyone.

His talent carries him until they run into coaching.

Be interesting to see how NIL spreads out the talent and levels the playing court.

His coaching tree has been a clown show too. You have the likes of Barbee, Orlando Antigua, and Kenny Payne.

On 7/17/2023 at 1:45 PM, arktiger1975 said:

I sure wouldn't put him over the likes of Larranaga and Beard, who have been to Final Fours.

Fair but the margin ain't big 1 way or the other.

On 7/21/2023 at 5:01 PM, ellitor said:

Fair but the margin ain't big 1 way or the other.

From what I have read, Oats' handling of the Miller situation has caused him to lose a lot of respect in the coaching community as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

From what I have read, Oats' handling of the Miller situation has caused him to lose a lot of respect in the coaching community as well.

Still doesn't erase the 2 SEC regular season & tourney titles. There have been many successful coaches that were pretty crappy people.

I WILL NOT STAND FOR ANY PRO NATE OATES TALK ANY LONGER. 

BAN ELLITOR 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

I WILL NOT STAND FOR ANY PRO NATE OATES TALK ANY LONGER. 

BAN ELLITOR 

Oates is so much easier to hate than Saban. Let’s see how he does now losing Antoine Pettway one of the best recruiters in the country for several bama staffs. We see what a Oates team looks like when he doesn’t have the personnel to fit his very specific system. And it ain’t pretty.  It was comical seeing JD Davidson in Oates offense! I don’t think he has anywhere close to the number of shooters he needs for his system to thrive next season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Oates is so much easier to hate than Saban. Let’s see how he does now losing Antoine Pettway one of the best recruiters in the country for several bama staffs. We see what a Oates team looks like when he doesn’t have the personnel to fit his very specific system. And it ain’t pretty.  It was comical seeing JD Davidson in Oates offense! I don’t think he has anywhere close to the number of shooters he needs for his system to thrive next season.

Exactly! Oats is Gus 2.0. Once the novelty/gimmick wears off, he will be exposed as being an average coach at best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yep.  Oats has mid major syndrome. Sad thing is I liked him at Buffalo.  That was before he showed his crimson arse. Boasting about zilch accomplishments. Probably due to the disease he is exposed to in that airplane hangar they call home. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/24/2023 at 7:41 PM, AUBwins said:

Yep.  Oats has mid major syndrome. Sad thing is I liked him at Buffalo.  That was before he showed his crimson arse. Boasting about zilch accomplishments. Probably due to the disease he is exposed to in that airplane hangar they call home. 

His "this was Auburn's Super Bowl" comments this past year really chapped me too. Oats is a more abrasive version of Lane Kiffin, just tried to get under people's skin. And neither will ever win it all.

• Like 1