Hunter putting in work

WFE12

8 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Not like that......

Heisman season loading...

Should we be worried about a severe suspension??? 

I was just wondering about the potential for NIL collectives that could or would be involved in cleaning up messes of student athletes 

21 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Let him rest for the first 3 games.

20 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

I was just wondering about the potential for NIL collectives that could or would be involved in cleaning up messes of student athletes 

I don't think OTV is touching these issues with a 10 foot poll. As they shouldn't. And I personally get the feeling that he will be back for fall camp and start game 1. 

• Like 1

i am thinking he sits out half a game but who knows? it might look better for us in the big scheme of things. i do think we will be fine whatever happens.

Plenty of talent in the RB room but definitely need his experience back there.  Hopefully the university will wrap up whatever they’re doing to investigate this soon.  

On 7/20/2023 at 8:54 AM, aubiefifty said:

i am thinking he sits out half a game but who knows? it might look better for us in the big scheme of things. i do think we will be fine whatever happens.

Sure hope you’re right.   Love watching JH play ball!

• Like 1

On 7/19/2023 at 9:49 PM, WFE12 said:

Not like that......

Heisman season loading...

My thighs started burning just watching that! How long does it take to get the lactic acid out?

I'll probably be too sore to sit on the crapper tomorrow.

Good grief I hope this guy gets to play.

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He will

Watched last years Iron Bowl again today. Hunter had some amazing runs in that game. Robby too. Super excited to see what that looks like behind a real o line. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Jarquez Hunter..... I'm starting to think that this is a bigger deal than what we were expecting. The incident was discovered back in May. If it was going to be a minor, slap on the wrist type of issue it should have been resolved and the resolution made public by now. Something ain't right.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Jarquez Hunter..... I'm starting to think that this is a bigger deal than what we were expecting. The incident was discovered back in May. If it was going to be a minor, slap on the wrist type of issue it should have been resolved and the resolution made public by now. Something ain't right.

I don't know Mikey. You could be right but I think it would be more of keeping things quiet is more consistent. If everyone involved including the university doesn't talk then nothing gets twisted or misconstrued. Once people start talking then too much can get said, misinterpreted or worse it could have legal ramifications. I think remaining tight lipped is the way to go, especially with a female involved in this situation. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

@Mikey

The last real piece of information we have is on 8/3. Coach Freeze was asked about it at his presser and he answered, 

“I’ll say this again. I understand the question, but matters related to team rules and procedures are handled internally and will not be discussed publicly,” Freeze said.

Even though he didn't answer the reporter's question about Hunter's status, what he did say was different than before. Before he referenced the University and that he would have no comment on any University investigation. This time he specifically referenced team rules and procedures. That means to me the University is finished with the larger investigation and it has now been referred to Coach Freeze. It is between Coach Freeze and Hunter at this point and is related to team rules and procedures.

Edited by IronMan70
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Y'all need to realize Hunter won't play the first three games. I have no insider information, but if he's not at practice, he ain't playing.

I hope y'all are right. But at some point the issue will have to be finalized and at least some small amount of information to that effect made public. For instance: "It's been handled internally and all concerned are moving on". I'm feeling it's past time for something like that to be said.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

@Mikey

The last real piece of information we have is on 8/3. Coach Freeze was asked about it at his presser and he answered, 

“I’ll say this again. I understand the question, but matters related to team rules and procedures are handled internally and will not be discussed publicly,” Freeze said.

Even though he didn't answer the reporter's question about Hunter's status, what he did say was different than before. Before he referenced the University and that he would have no comment on any University investigation. This time he specifically referenced team rules and procedures. That means to me the University is finished with the larger investigation and it has now been referred to Coach Freeze. It is between Coach Freeze and Hunter at this point and is related to team rules and procedures.

Sharp eye there, @IronMan70

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Sharp eye there, @IronMan70

I'm hearing the word "games."   I assume that would be three games.   When he comes back he will be a man on fire and that much stronger to finish the year!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LPTiger said:

I'm hearing the word "games."   I assume that would be three games.   When he comes back he will be a man on fire and that much stronger to finish the year!!!

Hearing similar 

Sometimes us hearing similar things is for the good, sometimes it isn't...    I hate it for Hunter and for the team.   The videos in my mind, while regrettful, are unrelated to football.   So why use football as the means for punishment.    And, from all I am hearing the women have not lodged a complaint about the acts themselves or the videos.   Maybe if Hunter would have lied and said he was scared of the women and that is what caused everything.....   Literally an Alabama player can physically assault a rival fan on the football field and suffer no suspension.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Literally an Alabama player can physically assault a rival fan on the football field and suffer no suspension.

What's funny is this what-about-ism is thrown out and every Auburn fan here would be bashing Bama's starting RB for having a dozen sexual tapes leaked whilst defending our player if he was on the field and an opposing team fans were "trespassing" and rushing the field where they weren't supposed to be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Sometimes us hearing similar things is for the good, sometimes it isn't...    I hate it for Hunter and for the team.   The videos in my mind, while regrettful, are unrelated to football.   So why use football as the means for punishment.    And, from all I am hearing the women have not lodged a complaint about the acts themselves or the videos.   Maybe if Hunter would have lied and said he was scared of the women and that is what caused everything.....   Literally an Alabama player can physically assault a rival fan on the football field and suffer no suspension.

Considering who out HC is, Auburn can't be too careful & protective with issues of a sexual nature, it's best to use an abundance of caution.  

• Like 1