Biden's 7th grandchild

LPTiger

For 4 years he has excluded her.  Now, as the polling shows he is losing the debate, he finally acknowledges Navy is his grandchild.   Trump is a piece of you know what.  Biden is arguably worse.

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

For 4 years he has excluded her.  Now, as the polling shows he is losing the debate, he finally acknowledges Navy is his grandchild.   Trump is a piece of you know what.  Biden is arguably worse.

Just a horrible person I tell ya.  That is one thing that Joe Biden has never been known as... a terrible person.  In fact, the opposite is true.

10 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Just a horrible person I tell ya.  That is one thing that Joe Biden has never been known as... a terrible person.  In fact, the opposite is true.

AU9377, I respectfully disagree.    I'm sure Joe has done some good in his life, I really am.   But, this is a politician whose brand has been built on what a compassionate family man he is.   Problem is Navy has shown it to be a lie.    She deserved so much more from her dad and granddad.  Imagine your dad denying you are his son, refusing to spend a single second with you, never giving you a hug or a birthday present, never telling you just how special you are, publicly calling your mother a liar and  fighting your mother publicly in a court of law.  Imagine all that happening while the most powerful man in the world sits back approving it all.  How do we know he approved of it?  Because we have seen Granddad Joe very proudly bragging about his "Six" grandkids and how he speaks with all "six" everyday.  Thankfully she is too young to remember most of it, but unfortunately it is all recorded, and she will spend the rest of her life coping with it.   We all make mistakes and we all deserve some grace when we do.   But this wasn't a mistake.   This was a conscious decision played over 4 full years -- and for what reason-- so Hunter wouldn't have to provide her financial support.   It is hard to say what is worse -- denying she is your grandchild or admitting it only when the polling starts to show just how disgusted Americans are about it.   This family is sick (who in the world has an affair with his recently deceased brother's wife).   Joe doesn't manage the simple things in his own immediate family because his compass doesn't point true north.  

• Like 1

It's an ugly family matter and I'll leave it at that. Just hope this child is happy, healthy and has a good upbringing.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, LPTiger said:

AU9377, I respectfully disagree.    I'm sure Joe has done some good in his life, I really am.   But, this is a politician whose brand has been built on what a compassionate family man he is.   Problem is Navy has shown it to be a lie.    She deserved so much more from her dad and granddad.  Imagine your dad denying you are his son, refusing to spend a single second with you, never giving you a hug or a birthday present, never telling you just how special you are, publicly calling your mother a liar and  fighting your mother publicly in a court of law.  Imagine all that happening while the most powerful man in the world sits back approving it all.  How do we know he approved of it?  Because we have seen Granddad Joe very proudly bragging about his "Six" grandkids and how he speaks with all "six" everyday.  Thankfully she is too young to remember most of it, but unfortunately it is all recorded, and she will spend the rest of her life coping with it.   We all make mistakes and we all deserve some grace when we do.   But this wasn't a mistake.   This was a conscious decision played over 4 full years -- and for what reason-- so Hunter wouldn't have to provide her financial support.   It is hard to say what is worse -- denying she is your grandchild or admitting it only when the polling starts to show just how disgusted Americans are about it.   This family is sick (who in the world has an affair with his recently deceased brother's wife).   Joe doesn't manage the simple things in his own immediate family because his compass doesn't point true north.  

I do get your point.  I just don't like getting in the weeds of family issues, regardless of whose family it is. 

3 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I do get your point.  I just don't like getting in the weeds of family issues, regardless of whose family it is. 

Totally understandable and under normal circumstances I would gladly give a pass for those very reasons.    It's just Biden has been trading on being a "family guy" for all these years and looking out for the little guy.   That little girl is an innocent victim, and he went out of his way to hurt her by noting, by number, his grandkids.   Going to People on a Friday night with a one paragraph statement crafted as if Hunter and Navy's mom have been peaceably working through the issues is also regretable.  I wish he would have done what Trump also couldn't do and simply say "I was wrong, for four years, Jill and I have denied Navy the love and respect that any grandparent should freely give to their innocent grandchildren.   We pray Navy and her mom will find a way to forgive both us.    We also pray that this nation can forgive us. As the leader of the free world I have set a horrible example.   I promise each of you, I will do better."    Why do politicians find it so hard to admit to mistakes?    

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Why do politicians find it so hard to admit to mistakes?    

House of Cards completely captured the essence of todays politicians. Most (not all) at the highest levels are power hungry narcissists who convince themselves everything is about them. Most of us make decisions based on our character. They make decisions on what the polls tell them to do. Which is usually whatever preserves their power. All my humble opinion. 

• Like 1