Bama in my Rear View Mirror

Proud Tiger

Good Monday morning Auburn fans. I got up thinking how great it is to be an Auburn Tiger and wishing the Nip would soon be here. Then I sat back and enjoyed the fact that it has been 1373+ days since bama beat us in FB. That's almost as long as I can remember these days. :big:

War Eagle!!!

WAR EAGLE

Thanks for that wonderful reminder, PT!

The longest streak in my memory was from 11/29/86 to 12/1/90, a total of 1462 days.  The salad days...

175407[/snapback]

If my math is correct that record will be tied on Nov. 19.........the day we next play bama :P

Guest Tigrinum Major
The longest streak in my memory was from 11/29/86 to 12/1/90, a total of 1462 days.  The salad days...

175407[/snapback]

If my math is correct that record will be tied on Nov. 19.........the day we next play bama :P

175420[/snapback]

Actually, I figured that wrong, PT. I went from an AU win to a UA win. I should have gone from an UA win (since it was the date they last beat us, not the date that we went from beating them), so the streak I was talking about actually goes from 11/30/85 until 12/1/90 for a total of 1827. So, we need to win this year to break that streak.

175407[/snapback]

175420[/snapback]

Actually, I figured that wrong, PT. I went from an AU win to a UA win. I should have gone from an UA win (since it was the date they last beat us, not the date that we went from beating them), so the streak I was talking about actually goes from 11/30/85 until 12/1/90 for a total of 1827. So, we need to win this year to break that streak.

175625[/snapback]

I think to be fair, you have to go from AU win to UA win, as you originally did. They won in '85, so we were under that "bragging rights" cloud until we won in '86. You could of course say it's been "X" days since they beat us, but if they have the last win, it's their show.

Besides, saying "4 out of last 5" ain't too shabby either.

175420[/snapback]

Yes, i realize :au: is coming off of a great season. But why even say something like this, neither team has even played a game yet. Just makes me laugh at how cocky people can be sometimes.

Let's enjoy the braggin' rights to their fullest. November will be here soon enough.

I am not "cocky" about it, but, I am confident about this Auburn TEAM. :au:

Let's enjoy the braggin' rights to their fullest. November will be here soon enough.

I am not "cocky" about it, but, I am confident about this Auburn TEAM. :au:

175647[/snapback]

I understand that, I respect you for being confident. Like I said in another post, AU has every reason to be confident. I just cant call the AU UA game before the season actually starts.

But wait WT, Slimebaum says being a confident Auburn fan is an oxymoron :big:

175657[/snapback]

Well PT, I'll bet Slimebaum is not the first to call Tim a moron, oxy or otherwise.

:big::big:

What do oxes and morons have to do with it? (Unless you are talkin' uat IQs and dates.) :big:

What do oxes and morons have to do with it? (Unless you are talkin' uat IQs and dates.) :big:

175692[/snapback]

In case you didn't get my liitle nuance, I was referring to Finebaum's article (see other thread here entitled Auburn-Alabama Rivalry) where he says Auburn fans are not confident in their teams, i.e., we expect to lose.

Archived