Auburn-Alabama Rivalry

sportwareagle

"Auburn coaches are hoping to convince the fan base that the pendulum has really shifted toward the Plains as a result of recent success and because of constant turmoil at Alabama."

Anyone that has watched UA and AU football knows that AU has the upper hand right now. Ill be the first to admit it, TT has AU going in the right direction. I think that TT is a good coach, he has talent and uses it well. As for Shula, he is still trying to actually have a winning season. Despite the set backs at Bama, it all comes down to who wins and who doesnt. Dont get me wrong, I hope Bama goes 13-0 or something. But in reality 8-4 or 7-5 and a win over Auburn would make me very happy. This is why I love college football, you never know what is going to happen.

BTW that was a good article also

Finebaum said some of the same things speaking in Huntsville last week. he is clearly out of touch with the average Auburn and bama fans. He listens to much to Billy Bob and Phyllis. :big:

"Auburn coaches are hoping to convince the fan base that the pendulum has really shifted toward the Plains as a result of recent success and because of constant turmoil at Alabama."

Anyone that has watched UA and AU football knows that AU has the upper hand right now. Ill be the first to admit it, TT has AU going in the right direction. I think that TT is a good coach, he has talent and uses it well. As for Shula, he is still trying to actually have a winning season. Despite the set backs at Bama, it all comes down to who wins and who doesnt. Dont get me wrong, I hope Bama goes 13-0 or something. But in reality 8-4 or 7-5 and a win over Auburn would make me very happy. This is why I love college football, you never know what is going to happen.

BTW that was a good article also

175649[/snapback]

A 4-6 UAT team beating Auburn this year would "swing the pendulum". We all know that and that is why it is soooo important to win this year, again. :au:

With the potential for hot emotions in the state of alabama b/c of this rivalry, finebaum easily exploits this for personal gain and notoriety by doing nothing more than regularly being the spoon that stirs the soup (us). we must continue to remember that the times they are a changing and continue to have positive beliefs about the direction that this program is now traveling. :thumbsup:;) War damn Eagle! :au:

As usual, Finebaum continues to cater to his UAT constituents. I want a piece of whatever crack pipe he's smoking because it must be some really good stuff.

I really don't know how any of you can claim that his recent column is objective and has points that both sides will like and dislike? How is that objective when he occuses Auburn fans of being "second class" citizens in this state while praising UAT fans for being confident, instead of dismissing them as delusional rednecks still living back in the 1960's? Do you call that objective journalism? I call it Bias.

The New York Times could not be anymore bias against President Bush than Finebaum is against Auburn.

We're a star crossed program. Auburn fans have an inferiority complex. Auburn fans are waiting for it all to hit the fan. Blah blah blah.

He's still using the same platitudes as he has in years past. He doesn't speak for me and he shouldn't speak for you either.

I wasn't despondent after we beat UAT last November and clinched an 11-0 season for the first time since 1993. PF obviously didn't speak to me after that game.

So what, Auburn lost to a 4-6 UAT team in 1984. He could have mentioned that we went on to win 3 more SEC Championships in the next five years.

So what, Auburn lost to UAT 31-7 in 2001. Auburn took an unranked and undermanned team into Tuscaloosa the next year and dominated top ten Alabama. UAT hasn't beaten us since 2001 either.

I wasn't even alive back in 1971. Yet, as an Auburn fan, I still worry about events such as the ones that occurred before the good lord saught to create me? This assertion is even more laughable.

Auburn fans are so scared of Tech that one would assume that the Falcons were coming to town as opposed to the Jackets? Okay, this claim is beneath me intellectually and I won't even dignify it with a comment.

So, once again, it's Finebaum with the same ole arguments. When are any of you gonna quit listening to that loser? He knows nothing about football and he sure as hell knows nothing about Auburn.

Auburn football is about perserverence. Auburn went through the dark days of the 60's and 70's and is still standing strong today. We've gone through probation, coaching embarassments, BOT embarassments, etc. Yet, JHS is still standing, our fans are still loyal, and our program is stronger now than it's ever been. However, Auburn fans still expect the worst when we witnessed the best first hand last year. Go figure.

Finebaum is right in one respect. As an Auburn fan, I still see UAT in my rearview mirror. I don't quiver in fear either. Instead, I cringe at the sight of road kill.

Alex :sec::au:

He thinks we Auburn fans are scared and insecure? ..and I always thought he paid lots of attention to Internet message boards. :blink:

What I see online are Auburn fans beaming with confidence talking about how the national press has once again underestimated us, and Bama fans in a panic because of their O-line performance at a scrimmage.

WDE !!

Archived