Hunter Biden Investigation - An Unholy Mess

LPTiger

18 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’m no Biden fan but what exactly would you impeach him for? Because he might could have done something?   I agree hunters optics stink but right now it’s just optics. Stop the impeachment without bullet proof evidence cycle. Looks like nothing more than pay back.  

No, you don't understand. 

The inquiry is the objective.  Impeachment is merely the excuse.  It's the "Benghazi political strategy".

Just look at what's happening with the Hunter "inquiry". Making Joe the direct objective - instead of the indirect objective - is a tactical upgrade.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’m no Biden fan but what exactly would you impeach him for? Because he might could have done something?   I agree hunters optics stink but right now it’s just optics. Stop the impeachment without bullet proof evidence cycle. Looks like nothing more than pay back.  

The talk isn't of impeachment at this point. The talk is of officially holding an impeachment inquiry, which gives congress more power to investigate.

12 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

If what Comey is looking for is proven it would be bribery.  The bolded part indicates you are buying AU73’s argument that they haven’t found anything *yet, may as well give up*.  The GOP will vote for a impeachment inquiry, which will give them more power to investigate, so why would you not want that?

If, in fact, he is guilty of enhancing himself or his family by giving favors to a foreign entity wouldn’t you like to know about it?

That would be the greatest gift Republicans could give Biden. They don't have the votes to convict him and their history of giving Trump a free pass will be used against them. They would likely have someone like Marjorie Taylor Greene lead the inquisition.  What a circus that wou!d be.

22 hours ago, homersapien said:

No, you don't understand. 

The inquiry is the objective.  Impeachment is merely the excuse.  It's the Benghazi political strategy.

Just look at what's happening with the Hunter "inquiry". Making Joe the direct objective - instead of the indirect objective - is a tactical upgrade.

and what's your point? This is the new business model in DC. INvestigations and impeachments for the other guys. 

Lame platitudes and excuses for your guys. It is truly both sides now. A totally unwinnable, meaningless, time-wasting Impeachment just before the election is now almost a foregone conclusion. It is the new norm for both parties.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Dislike 1

On 9/2/2023 at 1:36 AM, AU9377 said:

That would be the greatest gift Republicans could give Biden. They don't have the votes to convict him and their history of giving Trump a free pass will be used against them. They would likely have someone like Marjorie Taylor Greene lead the inquisition.  What a circus that wou!d be.

Yea...It is just truly an American thing that two lying crazies like MTG and Schiff become the face of their parties. The WSJ, after reading thru the minutes of the HOR Investigative Committee Schiff ran stated: "No one should ever believe another word" from Schiff.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/all-the-adam-schiff-transcripts-11589326164

All the Adam Schiff Transcripts: Newly released documents show he knew all along that there was no proof of Russia-Trump collusion.

Yall do know that dismissing facts is still just dismissing FACTS. MAGAs....

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

31 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Yea...It is just truly an American thing that two lying crazies like MTG and Schiff become the face of their parties. The WSJ, after reading thru the minutes of the HOR Investigative Committee Schiff ran stated: "No one should ever believe another word" from Schiff.

All the Adam Schiff Transcripts: Newly released documents show he knew all along that there was no proof of Russia-Trump collusion.

Perhaps Schiff thought - as I do - there was enough evidence to impeach Trump without proving a criminal conspiracy.  ("Collusion" is not a legal term.)

And really, equating Schiff with MTG?? :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Perhaps Schiff thought - as I do - there was enough evidence to impeach Trump without proving a criminal conspiracy.  ("Collusion" is not a legal term.)

And really, equating Schiff with MTG?? :rolleyes:

I really wasnt equating them. They both are full of s*** own their own.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Adam Schiff is a much more respectable human being than MTG.

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

and what's you point? This is the new business model in DC. INvestigations and impeachments for the other guys. 

Lame platitudes and excuses for your guys. It is truly both sides now. A totally unwinnable, meaningless, time-wasting Impeachment just before the election is now almost a foregone conclusion. It is the new norm for both parties.

I never thought the second impeachment should have been filed.  However, no rational human being could have watched the first impeachment and concluded that there was no evidence of a President abusing his office.  That is not possible.  You can say you don't have a problem with a U.S. President enlisting the help of a foreign country to give him an advantage and hurt his political adversary, but you can't say that what was proven did not happen.

Mitt Romney summed it up best.....

This verdict is ours to render. The people will judge us for how well and faithfully we fulfilled our duty. The grave question the Constitution tasks senators to answer is whether the President committed an act so extreme and egregious that it rises to the level of a “high crime and misdemeanor.”

Yes, he did.

The President asked a foreign government to investigate his political rival.

The President withheld vital military funds from that government to press it to do so.

The President delayed funds for an American ally at war with Russian invaders.

The President’s purpose was personal and political.

Accordingly, the President is guilty of an appalling abuse of the public trust.

What he did was not “perfect”— No, it was a flagrant assault on our electoral rights, our national security interests, and our fundamental values. Corrupting an election to keep oneself in office is perhaps the most abusive and destructive violation of one’s oath of office that I can imagine..

Romney had no idea when he wrote this that the man would again abuse his office in another attempt to remain in power.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I never thought the second impeachment should have been filed.  However, no rational human being could have watched the first impeachment and concluded that there was no evidence of a President abusing his office.  That is not possible.  You can say you don't have a problem with a U.S. President enlisting the help of a foreign country to give him an advantage and hurt his political adversary, but you can't say that what was proven did not happen.

This verdict is ours to render. The people will judge us for how well and faithfully we fulfilled our duty. The grave question the Constitution tasks senators to answer is whether the President committed an act so extreme and egregious that it rises to the level of a “high crime and misdemeanor.”

Yes, he did.

The President withheld vital military funds from that government to press it to do so.

What he did was not “perfect”— No, it was a flagrant assault on our electoral rights, our national security interests, and our fundamental values. Corrupting an election to keep oneself in office is perhaps the most abusive and destructive violation of one’s oath of office that I can imagine..

Romney had no idea when he wrote this that the man would again abuse his office in another attempt to remain in power.

He probably did, given the opportunity.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2023 at 11:44 AM, AU9377 said:

You don’t get much more despicable than lying to the American public being a paid representative of the American people.

MTG is rude, crude and socially unacceptable, but Adam Schiff is worse with better manners.

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 2

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You don’t get much more despicable that lying to the American public being a paid representative of the American people.

MTG is rude, crude and socially unacceptable, but Adam Schiff is worse with better manners.

He is also likely to be the next Senator from California.  By no measure does he deserve to be compared to MTG.

Edited by AU9377

52 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

He is also likely to be the next Senator from California.  By no measure does he deserve to be compared to MTG.

If he is it will be as ridiculous as the county in Ga voting for MTG.

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Yeah, Albert Speer was more respectable than Hitler too.

• Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I really wasnt equating them. They both are full of s*** own their own.

That opinion piece is really disingenuous.  It does what so many of you do.  It conflates Schiff's work on the impeachment of Trump with statements made about Russian collusion and the Mueller investigation.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, AU9377 said:

That opinion piece is really disingenuous.  It does what so many of you do.  It conflates Schiff's work on the impeachment of Trump with statements made about Russian collusion and the Mueller investigation.

He plainly lied to the American People. Lied his ass off nite after nite on cable. He is a partisan demagogue who cares not one wit for the truth. That is what the WSJ saw in the minutes and transcripts from his committee's investigation. He just made it up out of thin air. The WSJ, went so far as to put in print for the whole world to see that "'No one should ever believe another word' from Schiff."

21 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Yes, he did.

And Romney was savaged back in 2012 by the same people who are quoting him now. trump is just getting Romney-ed now. It is a scorched earth policy to win a seat of power that will have their own people savaged by the other team. The second impeachment was manufactured to appease the Dem Rank and File. There was literally no there there. Never-ending impeachments are now the business model of DC and I will be 100% shocked if Biden isn't going thru one in about a year from now. Watch and see...

Edited by DKW 86

13 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

He plainly lied to the American People. Lied his ass off nite after nite on cable. He is a partisan demagogue who cares not one wit for the truth. That is what the WSJ saw in the minutes and transcripts from his committee's investigation. He just made it up out of thin air. The WSJ, went so far as to put in print for the whole world to see that "'No one should ever believe another word' from Schiff."

And Romney was savaged back in 2012 by the same people who are quoting him now. trump is just getting Romney-ed now. It is a scorched earth policy to win a seat of power that will have their own people savaged by the other team. The second impeachment was manufactured to appease the Dem Rank and File. There was literally no there there. Never-ending impeachments are now the business model of DC and I will be 100% shocked if Biden isn't going thru one in about a year from now. Watch and see...

I don't know how someone can believe that Richard Nixon did something worthy of being told he had to resign or he would be removed from office and simultaneously also believe that Donald Trump's actions with regard to his pressure campaign to enlist Ukraine to damage his political rival was perfectly acceptable.

I never thought Romney was dishonest or self serving.  I, along with millions of others, simply believed that the man he was running against had a better understanding of the issues most Americans were dealing with.  Romney was born to extreme privilege.  That didn't make him a bad person, but made him less relatable to many.

He could have done the easy thing and gone along with what the Republican party told him to do.  Instead, he displayed the strength of character to speak the truth.  I respect that.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2023 at 1:59 PM, DKW 86 said:

Yeah, Albert Speer was more respectable than Hitler too.

Schiff has been attacked by QAnon and every right wing conspiracy nut group alive.  The things he is accused of lying about pale in comparison to the current Speaker of the House.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Schiff has been attacked by QAnon and every right wing conspiracy nut group alive.  The things he is accused of lying about pale in comparison to the current Speaker of the House.

Amazing that people don’t discuss this more or even remember it:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/house-majority-leader-to-colleagues-in-2016-i-think-putin-pays-trump/2017/05/17/515f6f8a-3aff-11e7-8854-21f359183e8c_story.html

• Thanks 1