Hunter Biden Investigation - An Unholy Mess

LPTiger

14 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

True but the known evidence so far is pretty overwhelming.

By known evidence, you mean evidence that Hunter got paid outrageous amounts of money because he was he son of the then VP by corp interests around the globe that want to gain favor in any way they could with American political leadership.  That is the only evidence anyone has shown.

You cannot connect dots to the then VP without making a series of assumptions and using those assumptions to speculate concerning what you think most likely happened.  Nobody has ever questioned whether Hunter was making bank by making the most of his proximity to his father.  Nobody has ever claimed that doing so was illegal, regardless of how distasteful it is. 

House Republicans and right wing media is once again selling you a pretty show pony and leaving out the part about you not being able to ride the thing.  Just like the Durham investigation (which cost $10 million and produced nothing) that we were told had so much damning evidence of criminal activity only later to see it fizzle away like an alka seltzer after sitting in water for a week, this will also lose its zest the moment it is either no longer useful or something more relevant and fun comes along.

Edited by AU9377
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Nobody has ever questioned whether Hunter was making bank by making the most of his proximity to his father.  

That is not true.   His own father, on the debate stage on national TV, said Hunter never received a dime from China, said Trump was lying about it and that Trump was the only one being paid by China.    Even the Washington Post has said Biden was lying.

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Nobody has ever claimed that doing so was illegal, regardless of how distasteful it is. 

So why does President Biden get a free pass on this.   If it is so distasteful, why is it brushed off by so many as a nothing burger-- because it isn't illegal, seriously.   These aren't friends of the US who are looking for an even better relationship.   China and Russia are our enemies, and they paid money directly to the sitting VP's son.   How is anyone okay with that and able to brush it off as "well it ain't a crime."    Is that the new standard?    Anything goes that does not violate a criminal statute.   Are we okay with the son jetting around on AF2 to 15 different foreign countries and shortly thereafter the $$$ start to roll in...  

26 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

So why does President Biden get a free pass on this.   If it is so distasteful, why is it brushed off by so many as a nothing burger-- because it isn't illegal, seriously.   These aren't friends of the US who are looking for an even better relationship.   China and Russia are our enemies, and they paid money directly to the sitting VP's son.   How is anyone okay with that and able to brush it off as "well it ain't a crime."    Is that the new standard?    Anything goes that does not violate a criminal statute.   Are we okay with the son jetting around on AF2 to 15 different foreign countries and shortly thereafter the $$$ start to roll in...  

He gets a free pass because there is no evidence that he had direct involvement in procuring these positions or "investments" on behalf of his son.   There isn't so much as a whisper about questioning other politicians about their family members being paid by these same types of foreign interests.  Some are even getting paid directly by the Saudi Royal Trust after leaving a paid position in government.  The information is so slanted and often exaggerated that I would need to look and see if he actually took 15 trips.  Is that real information or is that something just thrown out there by House Republicans and adopted by right wing media? 

The way to not give Biden a free pass is to nominate someone that can use the issue legitimately against him in the next election.  Republicans can't have dirt on their hands and complain about Biden's son making money.  It is, at a minimum, hypocritical.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

44 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

That is not true.   His own father, on the debate stage on national TV, said Hunter never received a dime from China, said Trump was lying about it and that Trump was the only one being paid by China.    Even the Washington Post has said Biden was lying.

I was speaking of people in general.  What Joe Biden knew and when he knew it is up for debate.  I haven't discussed the issue with anyone that didn't believe that Hunter was being shady.  Looking back on it, he probably didn't really think his dad was going to run for President in the future and was getting what he could when he could get it.

On 8/28/2023 at 2:06 PM, AU9377 said:

The horse is dead. 

I understand that this is your most fervent wish. Happily the horse is alive, kicking and uncovering new evidence almost daily.

16 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Some are even getting paid directly by the Saudi Royal Trust after leaving a paid position in government.

So, exactly what is the problem with this? If you are no longer an employee of the government, what precludes someone from going out and making money when no family member is part of the government?   This is the opposite of what was going on with Hunter.   His father was the Vice President of the United States and the leading government official when it came to Ukrainian politics.   But it’s ok according to everyone on the left 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

23 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

So, exactly what is the problem with this? If you are no longer an employee of the government, what precludes someone from going out and making money when no family member is part of the government?   This is the opposite of what was going on with Hunter.   His father was the Vice President of the United States and the leading government official when it came to Ukrainian politics.   But it’s ok according to everyone on the left 

Not all of his business dealings were done while his dad was VP.  Some were and some were after.  Hunter has always been a private citizen.  In contrast, Jared Kushner had an office in the White House and was designated as being in charge of policy for the middle East. Furthermore, do you really believe that none of the Trump kids did any business with international parties while Trump was President?  They certainly did.

The Trump Republicans really don't care about Hunter.  They simply want to muddy the water and make allegations against Joe Biden himself.  The only problem is that they have yet to find any evidence of wrongdoing.  As usual, they make tons of allegations and then allow everyone else to make presumptions based on smoke created by their unproven allegations. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I understand that this is your most fervent wish. Happily the horse is alive, kicking and uncovering new evidence almost daily.

Evidence of what exactly?

4 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Not all of his business dealings were done while his dad was VP.  Some were and some were after.  Hunter has always been a private citizen.  In contrast, Jared Kushner had an office in the White House and was designated as being in charge of policy for the middle East. Furthermore, do you really believe that none of the Trump kids did any business with international parties while Trump was President?  They certainly did.

The Trump Republicans really don't care about Hunter.  They simply want to muddy the water and make allegations against Joe Biden himself.  The only problem is that they have yet to find any evidence of wrongdoing.  As usual, they make tons of allegations and then allow everyone else to make presumptions based on smoke created by their unproven allegations. 

Again for the second time…..it seems that you have a problem with this.   The man doesn’t work for the government anymore.   Do you want the Clintons to give back all of their foreign money? Or anyone for that matter.    
The difference between Trump kids and Hunter is that the Trump kids have business dealings all over the world and deal with people all the time.   Hunter is a turd dope head and got a position because of one reason, his father was VP.   It’s ok man.. you are never going to see it that way and that’s your choice.   But you’re a hypocrite because you claim the same thing about Kushner and the Trump kids.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Again for the second time…..it seems that you have a problem with this.   The man doesn’t work for the government anymore.   Do you want the Clintons to give back all of their foreign money? Or anyone for that matter.    
The difference between Trump kids and Hunter is that the Trump kids have business dealings all over the world and deal with people all the time.   Hunter is a turd dope head and got a position because of one reason, his father was VP.   It’s ok man.. you are never going to see it that way and that’s your choice.   But you’re a hypocrite because you claim the same thing about Kushner and the Trump kids.   

I have always stated my belief that it isn't illegal.  Hunter Biden is actually every bit as qualified as Jared Kushner when it comes to opening an investment firm. He is a Yale law grad, for crying out loud.  I don't think any of them should be cashing in like they do, but our system isn't going to stop the practice any time soon.  As for the Trump kids, the only thing special about them is the fact that they were all born to extreme privilege and were placed in positions where they literally couldn't fail.

I don't have a problem at all with former Presidents and officials getting paid for speaking engagements or anything else a citizen can legally do. 

• Facepalm 1

25 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

The only hypocrisy are the people saying one is okay and the other is not. I've repeatedly seen 9377 say it has to be both are guilty or both are innocent, which he leans both innocent. 

Edited by arein0
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, arein0 said:

The only hypocrisy are the people saying one is okay and the other is not. I've repeatedly seen 9377 say it has to be both are guilty or both are innocent, which he leans both innocent. 

He just mentioned education in his previous post about Hunter being qualified but yet didn’t mention anything about the Trump sons and where they went to school.   Hahahaha.   You people crack me up.  

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, aubaseball said:

He just mentioned education in his previous post about Hunter being qualified but yet didn’t mention anything about the Trump sons and where they went to school.   Hahahaha.   You people crack me up.  

I never compared the two based on qualifications of some kind.  The initial description implied that Hunter was some low life that had nothing to offer compared to the Trump family members.  I have no doubt that they are all educated.  I was simply reminding you that, although Hunter has had obvious issues, he is nonetheless a Yale law grad with as much intelligence as any of the other kids of Presidents we were discussing.

Again, for the billionth time, I am not claiming that any of them have committed a crime by accepting money from foreign interests.  Hunter certainly committed crimes when he didn't pay taxes on some of the income, but I don't know of a law that prohibits any of them from having those business relationships. 

Edited by AU9377

22 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Evidence of what exactly?

Influence peddling, bribery, almost certainly more tax evasion in those money laundering companies. All will be revealed soon enough. I just hope the investigators wait until right before the election to spring the trap. I'd hate for Biden to drop out of the next presidential race. He's such an easy target.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Influence peddling, bribery, almost certainly more tax evasion in those money laundering companies. All will be revealed soon enough. I just hope the investigators wait until right before the election to spring the trap. I'd hate for Biden to drop out of the next presidential race. He's such an easy target.

"All will be revealed soon enough" because they haven't been revealed yet.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

"All will be revealed soon enough" because they haven't been revealed yet.

And THAT is the reason to investigate and proceed with the impeachment inquiry.

• Like 1

Just now, AU9377 said:

How long is long enough?

Until they find something or all their leads amount to nothing.  We aren’t there yet according to Comer.

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Until they find something or all their leads amount to nothing.  We aren’t there yet according to Comer.

Comer's failed promises so far.....

1. Damning SARS reports that proved to be nothing special.

2. Devin Archer was going to seal the deal.  He ended up providing nothing new.

3. Claimed to have proof of Biden influence peddling.  Failed to show any evidence of actual influence impacting a decision.

4. The FBI has information from an informant proving Biden corruption.  We later find out that the FBI couldn't corroborate the allegations made by an unnamed informant. 

5.  There are tapes proving everything.  Those tapes actually didn't exist.

and on and on and on

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Comer's failed promises so far.....

1. Damning SARS reports that proved to be nothing special.

2. Devin Archer was going to seal the deal.  He ended up providing nothing new.

3. Claimed to have proof of Biden influence peddling.  Failed to show any evidence of actual influence impacting a decision.

4. The FBI has information from an informant proving Biden corruption.  We later find out that the FBI couldn't corroborate the allegations made by an unnamed informant. 

5.  There are tapes proving everything.  Those tapes actually didn't exist.

and on and on and on

All these add up, do you think Comer should just give up?

27 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

And THAT is the reason to investigate and proceed with the impeachment inquiry.

I’m no Biden fan but what exactly would you impeach him for? Because he might could have done something?   I agree hunters optics stink but right now it’s just optics. Stop the impeachment without bullet proof evidence cycle. Looks like nothing more than pay back.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’m no Biden fan but what exactly would you impeach him for? Because he might could have done something?   I agree hunters optics stink but right now it’s just optics. Stop the impeachment without bullet proof evidence cycle. Looks like nothing more than pay back.  

If what Comey is looking for is proven it would be bribery.  The bolded part indicates you are buying AU73’s argument that they haven’t found anything *yet, may as well give up*.  The GOP will vote for a impeachment inquiry, which will give them more power to investigate, so why would you not want that?

If, in fact, he is guilty of enhancing himself or his family by giving favors to a foreign entity wouldn’t you like to know about it?