It's Gameweek!

aubiefifty

Whats your superstition?Give us your pregame ritual. give us your thoughts. i say it will only take a minute or two to whip dem minutemen! as far a superstitions go i pull out my auburn wristband.it has always been a winner.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

Listen to the Auburn pregame show vs ESPN or whatever network they play on. 

PT i figured you had a male auburn thong you rocked without telling anyone? lol  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

I pull out my auburn wristband.it has always been a winner.

So what you're saying is that you've chosen not to wear it during multiple games the past several years. Was that part of your secret plan to get Harsin out?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, gr82be said:

So what you're saying is that you've chosen not to wear it during multiple games the past several years. Was that part of your secret plan to get Harsin out?

i gave upon harsin and it looked grim so i retired it early last season so i would not use up all its mojo on a loser like hars............

• Haha 1

I never visit the Lookalikes thread. The only two games that we lost in 2013 I went there. I went there a LOT in 2012, I think. I also never visit or do a score prediction. That's bad juju. I've also noticed that when I go to the gameday thread things are tending to go south, but I think that may be reverse causality...

Game day, we have special cups we have to drink out of. My mom and my cousin both have coffee mugs from departed members of the family that they have to drink out of.

Edit: I also am not above moving seats to bring good luck. Or just not paying attention to the game so that I don't jinx it. I actually spent the last half of the 2010 IB watching from the kitchen, specifically watching the TV reflection in the glass door to out back.

Edited by Auctoritas
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I'm terribly superstitious about what I wear, but I never know going into a season what the superstition will be. It depends on what I might be wearing when we begin a winning streak (hmmm... been a while since we've had 1 of those). Most often it's been a particular shirt. A couple of times it's been shoes. Once it was a War Eagle bracelet. In the 2nd half of the 2010 Iron Bowl it wasn't what I wore but where I was. I watched the 1st offensive series of the 2nd half on the small TV in the kitchen (b/c I pace & wander when I'm nervous), so I went back in there to watch every time we were on offense in that half while we were making that glorious comeback. Back in the day when I was playing tennis for the O & B, if I lost a match the 1st time I wore a wristband or pair of socks, I could never wear those again for a match. I could practice in them, but not play a match. And you know, I know that what I wear or where I watch has zero impact on the game. I know this! But still, I can't NOT do these things!  😁

Edited by TigerTennis80
  • Like 2

I’ll be breaking in a new Auburn shirt.  I’ve worn the same one since the Auburn Louisville game in 2015.  It hasn’t had the best run.  I’m hoping for new luck with my new shirt.

• Like 2

No silly superstitions for me, but I always grill or BBQ for the game.

It just makes me feel like we're gonna win if I do.

• Like 4

Always wear an AU shirt to work on Fridays.  If we lose a game, that shirt isn’t worn again until we win again.   Similar for Saturday, just a different shirt.  

Like others in this thread, if something is going wrong in a game I will change seats, or a shirt at halftime (games I’m watching from home, of course). 

• Like 1

I've attempted to be superstitious on 2 different occasions. First was when the 1991 playoffs started for the Braves. It worked until game 7 of the World Series against the Twins and we got beat.

Then in 2013, I started doing superstitious stuff after we beat Texas A&M and the season really felt like it could be pretty solid. My superstitions worked every game after that until 13 seconds left against Florida State. We know how that ended.

So for the record, my superstitions worked until the Braves lost 1-0 in extra innings to the Twins in game 7 of the 1991 World Series and worked again in 2013 until 13 seconds left against FSU. 

Both times ended very bad for my teams so I've said to heck with superstitions ever since. The Braves won't win or lose based off how many tomahawk chops I do every inning and Auburn won't win or lose based off what glass I drink from and what jersey I wear. WDE

• Like 1

The 2010 Iron Bowl was not going our way.  We’d changed shirts, switched seats, and were finally desperate enough to get out our stadium seats and sit on them on top of our sofa. Happened to work that time! 😂

I don’t have any current superstitions, but as the season goes on, I’m sure some will develop. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TigerTennis80 said:

I'm terribly superstitious about what I wear, but I never know going into a season what the superstition will be. It depends on what I might be wearing when we begin a winning streak (hmmm... been a while since we've had 1 of those). Most often it's been a particular shirt. A couple of times it's been shoes. Once it was a War Eagle bracelet. In the 2nd half of the 2010 Iron Bowl it wasn't what I wore but where I was. I watched the 1st offensive series of the 2nd half on the small TV in the kitchen (b/c I pace & wander when I'm nervous), so I went back in there to watch every time we were on offense in that half while we were making that glorious comeback. Back in the day when I was playing tennis for the O & B, if I lost a match the 1st time I wore a wristband or pair of socks, I could never wear those again for a match. I could practice in them, but not play a match. And you know, I know that what I wear or where I watch has zero impact on the game. I know this! But still, I can't NOT do these things!  😁

This person gets it. Thanks for doing your part.

• Haha 1

I have sweat bands from 1983. Wash ‘em and wear ‘em EVERY GAME. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 11:22 AM, Auctoritas said:

I never visit the Lookalikes thread. The only two games that we lost in 2013 I went there. I went there a LOT in 2012, I think. I also never visit or do a score prediction. That's bad juju. I've also noticed that when I go to the gameday thread things are tending to go south, but I think that may be reverse causality...

Game day, we have special cups we have to drink out of. My mom and my cousin both have coffee mugs from departed members of the family that they have to drink out of.

Edit: I also am not above moving seats to bring good luck. Or just not paying attention to the game so that I don't jinx it. I actually spent the last half of the 2010 IB watching from the kitchen, specifically watching the TV reflection in the glass door to out back.

That is hilarious about the 2010 Iron Bowl 2nd half. I watched it exactly the same way except I was also pretending to be reading a Reader’s Digest magazine as if I had lost interest in the game. It’s only crazy if it doesn’t work. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

“Let’s go lock the gates…look for a fight, and see what they’ve got.”

Edited by WVR
  • Haha 1

let me add something here. i always wore an auburn t,shirt, or jersey every monday after a game even if we lost. i wanted folks to know i loved my team win,lose,or draw. you never see too many bama fans wear their colors after a loss and this to me was always the biggest difference between auburn and turd fans. we love our team. bama just loves a win.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

that was great!

It is only going to hit 97 or 98 here in Allen.  I was thinking about grilling as my downstairs is being remodelled and can't use kitchen right now.  After seeing temperature I have decided to order wings and Pizza to watch the game with a couple of beers.

• Love 1

I always look over my shakers-  and depending on what type of luck we need I choose one to correspond from an old game ! Needless to say the Kick Six is the lucky charm! Of course, that all went out the window with Harsin!