2024 3* OT Favour Edwin Signs With AU!

ellitor

2 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Ah, 99% of freshmen OL are "projects".  The staff must think he can play or they wouldn't have pursued him. If we do lose him, it doesn't hurt much because I know Freeze will find a portal guy or someone next year just as good or better to fill the slot. 

Put the word out, we are done signing 3 stars (except in very limited, special circumstances where the eval is wrong).

• Like 1

Just now, Shadow Tiger said:

I was making a cheesy dad joke.

In the early years, the masses didn't get Robin Williams either.  Don't quit trying Shadow.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PikesEagle said:

If anyone cares, looks like FE had two CBs (Whiltfong & turd insider Greenberg) put in for bammer.

Yeah. Wiltfong had put in a pick for Auburn not even a week ago.

• Like 2

On 12/13/2023 at 3:25 PM, ellitor said:

Yeah. Wiltfong had put in a pick for Auburn not even a week ago.

Him swapping so much is easily why people think he is usually correct. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phillyeagle said:

Any idea what's going on with this young man? Total radio silence it seems like.

Thought I saw we extended some new offers to transfer OL.  If so then we may have said adios to Mr Edwin 

He may be trying to come back to Auburn, but we probably have some other options (maybe better ones) in the portal. My guess is we may be asking him to wait for the second NSD signing after the first portal season. If so he probably won't wait with no guarantees.  We'll see. Good kid and good athlete, but a project as I understand it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, autan said:

He may be trying to come back to Auburn, but we probably have some other options (maybe better ones) in the portal. My guess is we may be asking him to wait for the second NSD signing after the first portal season. If so he probably won't wait with no guarantees.  We'll see. Good kid and good athlete, but a project as I understand it.

I think he wanted bammer.  Bammer upped the ante to spurn AU into spending more, but we called their bluff.  Now the kid is probably stuck.  That’s what it seems to me anyway. 

Now what was the dang NIL. Did we get played paying more than we should for a developmental player

Edited by WFE12

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Now what was the dang NIL. Did we get played paying more than we should for a developmental player

My circumstantial read is the turds played him along so he played us.  We didn’t budge and then late today called the bluff by offering some transfer guys and willing to let Edwin go.  Then he hopped on board 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

IMG_6205.gif

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

IMG_6205.gif

And to think some said there was a ceiling on our NIL. 

• Haha 1

• RunInRed changed the title to 2024 3* OT Favour Edwin chooses AU!!!!
6 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

My circumstantial read is the turds played him along so he played us.  We didn’t budge and then late today called the bluff by offering some transfer guys and willing to let Edwin go.  Then he hopped on board 

Sounds about right

• Haha 1

Bama wanted Favour. We just wanted him more.  This guy must be a heck of an athlete.  Not likely to help this year, but potential starter a couple of years down the road. We need portal help now, but we also need Oline in the pipeline.  Love how Freeze & Company recruits.