2024 3* OT Favour Edwin Signs With AU!

ellitor

I want Mr. Echols. Watched his film and he is a bad ass. Quick, fast for a lineman and nasty. Please, Santa get him to sign.

7 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

My circumstantial read is the turds played him along so he played us.  We didn’t budge and then late today called the bluff by offering some transfer guys and willing to let Edwin go.  Then he hopped on board 

Yeah, Freeze knows what he is doing. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, creed said:

I want Mr. Echols. Watched his film and he is a bad ass. Quick, fast for a lineman and nasty. Please, Santa get him to sign.

@creed Hate to be the bearer of bad news. It's not AU. He sent his LOI in yesterday & it wasm't to AU.

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 3* OT Favour Edwin Signs With AU!
8 minutes ago, creed said:

Santa lives in Baton Rouge.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@creed Hate to be the bearer of bad news. It's not AU. He sent his LOI in yesterday & it wasm't to AU.

crap..

Well in the future that's what an interior lineman looks like from my perspective. Could you imagine two IOLs that can move like Echols on our offensive line?

Edited by creed

I'm guessing AU wanted one more HS OL. I was hoping for Echols who seems more ready. But as soon as we got thumbs down from CE, our staff quickly turned to Edwin. In the long run we may be the winners. Who knows right now.  WDE!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Sounds about right

Same ol you!!! Just always looking for something to cast a dark cloud over an otherwise sunny day!!!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, autan said:

I'm guessing AU wanted one more HS OL. I was hoping for Echols who seems more ready. But as soon as we got thumbs down from CE, our staff quickly turned to Edwin. In the long run we may be the winners. Who knows right now.  WDE!

With the transfer portal being a thing I don’t think anybody’s the winner at the end of the day. Going after more HS kids is a sound strategy but they can just up and leave too just like anybody so we’ll see

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sizzle said:

With the transfer portal being a thing I don’t think anybody’s the winner at the end of the day. Going after more HS kids is a sound strategy but they can just up and leave too just like anybody so we’ll see

Kind of casts a pall over the whole thing, doesn't it? At least it does for me. Time was when I knew every AU player's jersey number, position and home town. Now with all the coming and going it's not worth learning.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Kind of casts a pall over the whole thing, doesn't it? At least it does for me. Time was when I knew every AU player's jersey number, position and home town. Now with all the coming and going it's not worth learning.

But we generally get them for a year. Pull for the NEW team each year if they are wearing an AU uniform.

6 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

But we generally get them for a year. Pull for the NEW team each year if they are wearing an AU uniform.

I'll always pull for Auburn, but for me it's not the same.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'll always pull for Auburn, but for me it's not the same.

Your correct. Not the same. Not better. Worse for fans, better for some players.  New reality though, so I’m trying to find something to be able to continue my tradition. It’s difficult but I will!! Also my guess is younger fans enjoy the new reality, older ones hate it.

Edited by Hank2020

Watching the film.  This kid cracks me up.  He loves to pancake kids and just dove on them for the hell of it.

You can tell he is tough.  He will need time to develop, but the potential of this kid with huge body and foot work is incredible.

I see why folks wanted him, especially Auburn.  I continue to be amazed at the talent level of this class.

13 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Your correct. Not the same. Not better. Worse for fans, better for some players.  Ew reality though, so I’m trying to find something to be able to continue my tradition. It’s difficult but I will!! Also my guess is younger fans enjoy the new reality, older ones hate it.

I enjoy the added excitement but hate feeling like there won’t be that same attachment to players like there was with the 3 and 4 year guys that a lot of consider Auburn. 
I mean Cam (IMO) was the greatest/most dominant player I have ever seen but if you blinked you missed his time at AU. 
So I’m a bit sad that the new norm is probably just a year or two at most and we don’t get to talk about how we could see so and so’s greatness back when he was a freshman. 

With the way we are recruiting now though I’m going to be able to ignore the sadness a lot easier. 😄

• Like 3