2024 3* OT Favour Edwin Signs With AU!

ellitor

Default Avatar

6-8 / 290
Eagle's Landing Christian
McDonough, GA

Notable offers: AU, Bama, Florida, GT, & WVU
Will OV AU for the UGA game
Will have made his 2nd visit to Bama & Florida before his 1st football visit to AU so we may be behind those schools
He has visited AU a couple times before but it was for basketball camps, not football related.

• Like 3

Y'all know I don't usually do this unless a recruit has a pick in for AU or has been confirmed as a top target. However, with us wanting 3-5 high school OL in this class if we can get them and may only be looking good with only 1 OL right now I think any OL scheduled to OV AU is worth having a thread on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Would be a nice development type O-line.  I hope staff can pull him in. With lack of experience would be a bit of a project but has potential.

On 8/30/2023 at 7:10 PM, ellitor said:

Y'all know I don't usually do this unless a recruit has a pick in for AU or has been confirmed as a top target. However, with us wanting 3-5 high school OL in this class if we can get them and may only be looking good with only 1 OL right now I think any OL scheduled to OV AU is worth having a thread on.

Wonder why we’re so late to offer given the need?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Wonder why we’re so late to offer given the need?

@TexasTiger As ANT said in the post above yours, he just started playing football so all the schools involved are just now getting involved.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

High priority OL target: Auburn 'a great place'

Caleb Jones • AuburnSports

Staff

@CalebJ_Rivals

ATLANTA — When Favour Edwin makes a decision, Auburn will be on the table.

The Tigers have made the offensive lineman out of Eagle's Landing Christian Academy a massive priority, and when he named his top five Thursday night, he clearly holds Auburn in high regard as well.

"It’s up there for me," Edwin said. "When it comes to making my decision, Auburn is going to be up there for sure."

Favour Edwin has Auburn in his top five programs. (Caleb Jones | AuburnSports.com)

Edwin's top five consists of a mix of SEC and ACC programs — Auburn, Alabama, Florida, Clemson and Georgia Tech.

He's visited Auburn twice this season, taking an official visit for the Georgia game before returning several weeks later for the Ole Miss game unofficially.

"It was amazing, Auburn is a great place," Edwin said. "Great coaches, great people. I just got to make a better connection with people at Auburn, the commits and everything. It was a great experience for me for sure."

The 6-foot-6 offensive lineman, who's originally from Nigeria, picked up football just over a year ago. In just his short time playing the sport, he's already picked up 11 offers from several Power Five programs.

One thing that recently caught Edwin's eye was freshman Connor Lew, who was named SEC Freshman of the Week after his performance on the line against Mississippi State.

"You look at stuff like that, that’s great," Edwin said. "If you go to Auburn, those are gonna be your teammates, so stuff like that is just the reason why you look at it. Be like ‘Okay, they got a good program going on for the offensive line."

The opportunity to play early is enticing to Edwin, who has his goals set high for the next level.

"I want to be one of the best offensive lineman out there," Edwin said. "When you see a freshman, he has 2-3 years to play in the game, and when you see that, that’s huge for sure. Knowing you’re gonna go up there, you’re gonna have good guys that compete everyday. That’s everything for sure for me."

Edwin plans to visit Florida this weekend when it hosts Arkansas and will be at Clemson the following weekend when it plays Georgia Tech.

He'll get to see the final two teams in his top five Nov. 25 when he returns to Auburn for the Iron Bowl against Alabama.

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We need to close him

Him and 3-4 more o linemen. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Might be the next commitment 

He was actually in a auburn group space on X last night after the game, never heard him speak but his X profile pic had listener on it the whole time 

Huge need as we need to keep improving O-line talent.  Our current O-line has melded together and been very strong on run blocking but sadly not as strong on pass blocking. I believe many will return next year plus some of our younger players like Lew have developed.  What we need is guys like Favour who we can develop over a couple years while picking up one or two Portal O-line. Hopefully by year 3 or at latest 4 we won't need Portal for O-line. I have seen O-line development under current O-line coach which is key to how we will get better as we add talent.

I was listening to the ON3 live show. JLee stated Favor Edwin was supposed to announce Monday. Edwin delayed that announcement. He now has a visit slated at bama on Tuesday. Does it mean anything? I do not know but it is interesting.

Started at the 01:10:00 mark. His phone started going off with notifications. 

Edited by Chaotic_zx
  • Facepalm 1
  • Angry 1

5 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

I was listening to the ON3 live show. JLee stated Favor Edwin was supposed to announce Monday. Edwin delayed that announcement. He now has a visit slated at bama on Tuesday. Does it mean anything? I do not know but it is interesting.

JLee looked like it meant something 

9 minutes ago, wareaglefan444 said:

JLee looked like it meant something 

Yep. His demeanor changed and he started group chatting with Cole, Zach, and JHead. JHead's demeanor also changed. 

22 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Started at the 01:10:00 mark. His phone started going off with notifications. 

Don't think he's a take for Bama. Also Wiltfong put a pick in for AU today. Given Wilt's track record that's a good sign.

• Like 2

Edwin is likely trending Bama now, especially since they just lost their top OT target Jordan Seaton to Colorado.

• Angry 2
  • Dislike 1