Auburn @ Cal Score Predictions

Zeek

What will the final score be?

sddefault.jpg

My guess is 45-17; feeling a little bullish not gonna lie

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Viper said:

If you mean Hunter, I’ll take that bet. 

Do you think he'll play saturday? Just from reading on here, it looked like he would but PTB said it didn't look like he will. We really need him week 4.

25 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Do you think he'll play saturday? Just from reading on here, it looked like he would but PTB said it didn't look like he will.

As he put it, the tea leaves say no. Heard from another inside source he won’t.

• Thanks 1

There are a lot of concerns here, for sure.   Long travel, away game, etc.  Their run game is what they’re best at.   Our run defense is our biggest concern.   It’s their Super Bowl, a chance to beat a big bad SEC team.   And they are definitely confident!

We are the more talented team, but not by as much as I thought.   According to the 247 team talent composite, we are ranked #18 and Cal is #45.  But our average player ranking is 87.84.  Theirs is 86.41.   That’s not as big of a difference as I expected.   
And we won’t have a size advantage either.   Their lines are littered with several 300+ guys, up to 330 for a few guys.   They have several 200lb WRs at 6’2” and up.   
Their O looked explosive against a pretty overmatched team.  (It was the most points Cal has scored since 2015!)

Their D didn’t look very good at all, but many have projected this unit to be the best D Wilcox has had at Cal.  

I do expect our D to load the box and be aggressive attacking the run early and often hoping to force their QB (whichever one plays) to throw a lot.   I know our DBs like their chances against the Cal WRs, especially if Pritchett is healthy, and I think he will be.   If we get ahead by a couple of scores, Cal is in big trouble!   They don’t have the kind of passing game to mount a comeback against a good pass defense.  
On offense, I think we’ll have success running the ball, and I also expect us to open up the passing game quite a bit.  Hooks, Brown, and Fairweather are itching to have a breakout game!!!  I believe at least one of them will.   Preparing for Ashford and Thorne won’t be easy for them.  
Our RB room was already deep and talented, but adding a stud like JH this week is going to make it that much more powerful!   He wants to make an impact in this game!

I do think we have a considerable advantage in Special Teams!!!   Our PK is much better, our P is better too, although theirs had a good game last week    Our return units look really good!  And I think our coverage units will be better this week, even though they weren’t terrible last week   

I think we’ll have some uncomfortable moments in this game, but in the end, I think we hold on for a 38-28 victory on the west coast!   War Eagle!!!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

According to the 247 team talent composite, we are ranked #18 and Cal is #45.  But our average player ranking is 87.84.  Theirs is 86.41.

Make that talent disparity point to Yabo.

dabo-dabo-swinney.gif

21 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

adding a stud like JH this week is going to make it that much more powerful!   He wants to make an impact in this game!

hold-your-horses-horse.gif

• Haha 1

45-42 us.

Think this will be a high scoring game unless our LB and DL improves a lot since last game. They can run it better than any Cal team I've seen since the Forsett, Lynch, and Best days.

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Yes Hunter.

Hearing it both ways now. As someone else pointed out, if he made the trip, that likely means he’s playing. Should know that late tonight or early tomorrow.