2024 RB Kolton Nero

AUght2win

Anybody else heard about this kid??? No star recruit that is absolutely torching 7A football. He’s a teammate of Perry Thompson and making Perry a second fiddle.

- 288 yards 3 TDs against Prattville
- 267 yards 4 TDs against Baldwin Co
- 119 yards against MGM
- 300 total yards 4 TD against Baker

Bowling ball build. Crazy quick feet. Why not take a flyer on this kid if we have a spot?

https://247sports.com/Player/kolton-nero-46144074/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Anybody else heard about this kid??? No star recruit that is absolutely torching 7A football. He’s a teammate of Perry Thompson and making Perry a second fiddle.

- 119 yards against MGM

Bowling ball build. Crazy quick feet. Why not take a flyer on this kid if we have a spot?

I don't know about this case but out here sometimes when there are grade or other issues to where the kid projects to a JUCO they won't get ranked. 

• Like 2

On 9/16/2023 at 6:13 AM, AUght2win said:

- 119 yards against MGM

always been a beast but weight issues have been a problem.  he lost weight this summer to help with quickness.  reminds of the AU guy who did back flips, ended up a gun shot victim unfortunately while at AU (can't recall his name).  Nero is hard to bring down---very cat like for a bigger RB.   has faced only 1 decent defense so far (MGM).  his stock will rise i'm sure

9 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

always been a beast but weight issues have been a problem.  he lost weight this summer to help with quickness.  reminds of the AU guy who did back flips, ended up a gun shot victim unfortunately while at AU (can't recall his name).  Nero is hard to bring down---very cat like for a bigger RB.   has faced only 1 decent defense so far (MGM).  his stock will rise i'm sure

You are thinking of Ladarious Phillips 

https://www.wtvm.com/story/18803268/auburn-shooting-victim-ladarious-phillips-remembered/

• Thanks 1

Kolton Nero, 2024 RB (online stream): Listed at 5-foot-11, 215 pounds and reported as 230 pounds by the WHEP radio crew, Nero exploded for first-quarter touchdown runs of 50 and 64 yards en route to a monster performance. His 27-yard touchdown run late in the second quarter pushed him close to the 200-yard plateau before halftime. AL.com reported Nero finishing with 276 yards and four TDs on 27 carries. Already a 1,000-yard rusher this season, Nero has not reported any offers. He's a big, functional athlete with instincts and production that accompany competent field speed, especially at his size. I've gotta think that Nero can play for somebody at the FBS level. -- Brooks

Link

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Just now, Gowebb11 said:

So are we interested?

I've never seen his name mentioned. Only name I've heard is the RB currently committed to Clemson, David Eziomume. 

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

So are we interested?

I highly doubt it. No disrespect to this guy because he can obviously play but there’s no way we let go of Phat to add Nero

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We may not take a back this year

Is that because coaches believe all current backs will return?

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Is that because coaches believe all current backs will return?

@AuburnNTexas Yes. We may take Kevin Riley or David E if we can land them but that's it.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...