Auburn @ Texas A&M Score Predictions

Zeek

4 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

I REALLY don’t get the TAMU hype. Would love for someone to explain why they think we drop this one, because I really don’t get it. A&M sucks. They lost to an underwhelming Miami team by giving up 48 points (who put up 38 points against Miami OH a week earlier). 
 I get that it’s a road game. But our record in college station is actually really good. Seriously, what’s with the TAMU praise? I think it’s a slugfest for 3 quarters (something like 14-7 Auburn). We pull ahead in quarter 4, and they score a second garbage TD as the clock is expecting. Jimbo is shown the door next Sunday.

28-14 Auburn

I hope your correct. Main reason I see a problem is a&m have been scoring alot of points (I believe 33 on Miami). It will be hard for our offense to keep up , I believe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

I REALLY don’t get the TAMU hype. Would love for someone to explain why they think we drop this one, because I really don’t get it. A&M sucks. They lost to an underwhelming Miami team by giving up 48 points (who put up 38 points against Miami OH a week earlier). 
 I get that it’s a road game. But our record in college station is actually really good. Seriously, what’s with the TAMU praise? I think it’s a slugfest for 3 quarters (something like 14-7 Auburn). We pull ahead in quarter 4, and they score a second garbage TD as the clock is expecting. Jimbo is shown the door next Sunday.

28-14 Auburn

I don’t think anybody is hyping TAMU it’s more about what Auburn looks like, and they just havent looked good either. Auburn struggled to beat Cal and Cal is the same team who just struggled to beat Idaho of all teams. 

I have no idea how this game is gone play out honestly, could go either way

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 1

This one will get ugly. Our secondary is banged up, we have no pass rush and our tailbacks are pressing and not waiting for holes to open up. 

TAMU- 38

AU- 19

Really have not been given a reason to believe in this O so far, plus, they have a pretty good QB and Fisher is coaching for his job. This may start a bit of a losing streak the same as last year. Wow, I hope I’m so far off base with this, but I need to see a solid game against an actual opponent first. 

AU - 27 - Aggies - 24

We'll be down 10-14 at the half but will flip the script in the second half.   Will do just enough to get out of College Station with a win.  Will set up a lot of hype with Georgia coming to town the following week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I like your style of predicting the game.  I didn’t have a good feeling about the Cal game but thought we could pull it out.   It wasn’t pretty but AU pulled it out.   
Thorne is going to have to be lights out for AU to win or the defense will have to score/set up short fields for the win.   
aTm - 27

AU - 10

I could easily see it going this way as well. It'll take a few things we haven't seen so far this season, but I see it as more of a toss up than Vegas does.

19 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

I could easily see it going this way as well. It'll take a few things we haven't seen so far this season, but I see it as more of a toss up than Vegas does.

I think their OC is obviously much better, their QB is much better and with so many in our secondary hurt and no pass rush, I just don’t see it as a toss up. On paper, which doesn’t mean a ton, they are much more talented at almost all positions. I still haven’t seen much from this coaching staff, mainly the HC and OC that gives me much confidence so far. Recruiting has improved obviously, but if the staff isn’t there to continue to coach them up, not sure it matters too much. The entire SEC looks very weak this year so far, so that’s a definite plus. 

We are 6-5 against Texas A&M since they entered the SEC. We are 4-1 at their place. Somehow, someway I think we pull this one out.

Auburn - 24

Texas A&M - 19

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 1

With LSU and UGA coming up, I am so begging for a win in College Station.  A wimpy collie doggie as a mascot. No cheerleaders of the feminine persuasion. A stadium full of drunk ROTC kids with white handkerchiefs.

That said, the A&M QB is performing among the best in the SEC in passing. The Auburn QB, um, nope. Even Samford stuffed Auburn RBs. With Auburn defense relying on "depth" .....

As a former administrator in big organizations, I'm hoping for the best, but preparing the worst.

A&M by 14

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They have 4-5 stars at every position. If recruiting and Jimmie's and Joe's are the true benchmark, we are screwed , and badly. They have a great pass rush, and should dominate both lines of scrimmage. I do like the 11 AM kick, and hope the young guys that will be starting due to our injuries will not know any better. 

So , as an AU lifetime fan.....we win by 3. 😎

But I ain't putting money on it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

28-14 Auburn

Tell me what Auburn has done on offense that makes you so confident. You say Petrino hasn't called a good game since 2015 but Montgomery has been straight up ass with his playcalling in my opinion. We turn the ball over alot, we have several injuries and they're quiet a bit more talented than we are. 

I picked us to win 24-19 just because the visiting team usually wins in this series. I don't feel confident in my pick whatsoever. I think we could very easily lose our next 4 games. We should've lost to Cal. Colorado won 1 game last year and it was against Cal. Cal struggled against freaking Idaho saturday. They aren't a good team at all. 

Just like you don't get why people think A&M will beat us, I don't get what makes you so confident that we'll beat them. Especially by 2 touchdowns like you predicted. 

Usually, I am an optimist. But taking off my orange and blue glasses, this is what I see …

We can’t run the ball. Thorne is our leading rusher this season. OL is having trouble. RB are slow to hit the hole, maybe because there is not one. That is shocking.  
We turn the ball over constantly which is our biggest problem. 
WRs are not making plays. 
Injury bug hit us. Our best nickel is out for the season. 

We are playing on the road against a coach that cannot lose this game… for his own job is on the line. Their QB leads the league in QBR. Their defense is 3rd in the country in 3rd down defense. They have more talent than us at just about every position. We are over a TD underdog now.

Keeping it close would be a surprise.  Winning would be shocking. 

I would rather play any other team in the SEC this week. 

• Like 1

To me it’s hard to predict. Coming into the season the defense was supposed to be an issue. Game 1 the running game looked pretty . Game 2 it looked like a cluster. Defense still played well but the turnovers killed the flow of the offense to have any sustained drives . Game 3 a heavy game emphasis was placed on passing so the run game suffered . Still had turnovers and plenty of injuries.  To me Auburn has the advantage because they have yet to play a complete game and it seems they have been experimenting. This week it all comes together 31 -24 Tigers 

Edited by e808

16 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

28-14 Auburn

I’ve had similar thoughts. It just seems in college football you can’t tell from one weekend to the next. I do hope you are 100% correct!

If I bet this I'm taking A&M to cover.  By composite they have the 4th most talented roster in CFB. We are like 15?  At their place, early kick.  I hate it but unless Hugh has a ton of aces up his sleeve, we are at the start of a 3 game skid

• Like 2

31 to 14. we will be a thorne in aTm's side......................

• Like 1