Auburn at Texas A&M - Official Game Thread

Zeek

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I am so confused. He was a power 5 QB for two years..

Go look at his game logs.  Any decent team, even in 2021, he was pretty bad

1 minute ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

He can’t throw and it’s beyond obvious the coaches have no confidence in him.  Have to put someone in there that will not take a sack on third and long and get us out of FG range. 

He absolutely can throw. Let the kid settle in. What do you think, Robbie Ashford is going to come in and go all air raid?😂wtf

How bad is Holden?  I need to see how bad he is.  Peyton doesn’t have it.  I’ll take Robby running at this point.  Let him heave it down the field every now and then.

1 minute ago, einatlanta said:

Offense started to get some momentum. Thorne....not sure if it is very good coverage or his hesitancy. He just needs to get some completions. OC needs to dial up some quick screens.

THIS!

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Don’t start this. The worst thing you can do now is bench him in the second quarter, down 6. 

Got to give him time to get in a going and build confidence 

• Like 1

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Not everyone can spin like Nix unfortunately 

A&M looked horrid in the coaching ways on their first drive and we’ve somehow had less decor than them (by a LOT). Hopefully it doesn’t come down to another 2 QB thing, but I rather have Robby’s poor vision and generally not great decision making over a guy who’s just shaken 

The pocket collapsed around him, and that means he’s “shaken”?
When we have a QB that calls his own plays, I’ll drop 100% of the problem on the QB. Right now, there’s more than one breakdown on this offense. 

I thought with the open run lanes, we had something going. But alas, it was short lived. 

I can’t imagine his team without the OL transfers.

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Those of you talking about Thorne…Ashford will be no better or do you want Geriner the guy they barely gave a chance to trot out there

I'll say this, I have been all about being patient with Thorne with him not being here long, but I'll say this, he has looked scared and like a deer in the headlights against both of our power 5 opponents and that is concerning.

Edited by Maverick.AU

I know we are supposed to be patient but this is the fourth game and the players at least on offense just do not look ready or prepared. I thought we hired an offensive guy and the offense looks horid...

Just now, W.E.D said:

Go look at his game logs.  Any decent team, even in 2021, he was pretty bad

Oh I know I just thought at least he wouldn’t look so wide eyed. 

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

He absolutely can throw. Let the kid settle in. What do you think, Robbie Ashford is going to come in and go all air raid?😂wtf

No I never said air raid.  But as an SEC QB you can’t take a sack which cost 3 points and he can throw?  Really?  I haven’t seen it at all in this game. 

Just now, DAG said:

Oh I know I just thought at least he wouldn’t look so wide eyed. 

Need some quick passes to settle him down a bit

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Those of you talking about Thorne…Ashford will be no better or do you want Geriner the guy they barely gave a chance to trot out there

We don’t know that for sure. He does have the experience of playing against them last year and getting a win