Georgia at Auburn score prediction

Win4AU

Well, I drank the Kool-Aid last week and talked myself into picking an Auburn road victory.

So this week, there needs to be an adjustment. I have no choice but to double down with a double KA shot.  

Auburn 31 | Georgia 17

image.gif

15 hours ago, aucom96 said:

UGA - 47

AU - 13

We're hapless and Kirby likes to run it up against us. 

The only year Kirby has "ran it up" was last year. They scored 28 points in the second half. And to be honest, he did us a favor. It helped get potato man out of here.

I went back and looked at the second half points scored by Georgia since 2018. I would argue that Kirby has taken it easy on us. I think of all the coaches he probably respects us the most. They could have easily scored 40+ in 18, 20, and 21.

2018 - 7

2019 - 7

2020 - 3

2021 - 17

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2023 at 10:21 AM, W.E.D said:

it isn't.  We'll be the best defense they've played all year.  Their scores get lopsided mostly b/c they wear down teams eventually.  They've started really slow every game.  I could see this being close, like 10-3 or something going into half then just like last week they'll eventually hit a few big plays and it'll get away from us.

I see it this way too. They will stack the box and force whichever QB is out there to beat them on a few plays. If and once that does happen, a la the Carolina game, they will adjust and it will be over quickly. 

On 9/26/2023 at 9:21 AM, W.E.D said:

it isn't.  We'll be the best defense they've played all year.  Their scores get lopsided mostly b/c they wear down teams eventually.  They've started really slow every game.  I could see this being close, like 10-3 or something going into half then just like last week they'll eventually hit a few big plays and it'll get away from us.

I’d take Florida’s defense over ours easily in the state it looked like once Max Johnson came in

I’ve lived in Georgia my entire life and was raised an AU fan. Needless to say, the last 15 years or so have been really tough. I honestly can’t stand GA. With that being said, I would like to think we move the ball enough in the first half to come away with 2 FG’s and  keep it close, with our D, the most well coached unit on the team, but after that, I just don’t see us moving anywhere with this offense, just like the prior two seasons. 

GA-  39

AU- 9

• Like 1

On 9/26/2023 at 9:18 AM, TitanTiger said:

I don't think Georgia's offense is nearly as good as it's been the last 2-3 years, particularly at QB.  But I don't think our offense will have its issues sorted out in time to take advantage of it.

The defense will play well and keep it close for a while, but UGA wins comfortably.

Georgia 24
Auburn 10

This is the type of game I expect. 

On 9/25/2023 at 2:42 PM, Viper said:

Just like A&M, Georgia easily covers…

Georgia 38

AU 3

Most likely score here.  Defense plays great but ends up gassed as our worst-in-class offense goes 3 and out 3 and out 3 and out in a loop.   I truly believe we could get some first downs if we ran it 75% of the time but we don’t seem to want to do that.

• Like 1

A couple talking heads are calling for this game to be closer than most expect.  Would be a big boost for those recruits visiting if the crowd was still in it late.

I think it will be close. Probably within a touchdown. Georgia has been starting slow and probably will do so with this being Becks first road game. If Auburn can keep it close going into the 4th who knows. Wishing Auburn had all hands on deck 

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

A couple talking heads are calling for this game to be closer than most expect.  Would be a big boost for those recruits visiting if the crowd was still in it late.

I think people are bearish on Georgia's offense and expect Auburn to bounce back at home. 

I'm doing that stupid thing where I'm ignoring what Auburn has actually done on the field and letting my heart talk me into us pulling it out.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, LeonardAU said:

Auburn will do what Auburn does and that’s just enough to give us hope through 3 quarters, leading 6-0 heading into the fourth.  Then UGA blows the doors off and wins 28-6.

Uh oh…you just coined the latest Auburn phrase: ADWAD… Auburn doing what Auburn does 

• Haha 3

I’d feel so much more optimistic about this game if Auburn had done anything on offense against Cal or Texas A&M.  The winning touchdown drive against Cal I guess was pretty good.  The other 10 pts the offense scored in those games were due to short fields.  Maybe things will be different at home but that will take Auburn looking like a completely different team.