Assuming we get 6 wins

KnightTiger

It looks likely bowl destination would be a third straight trip to the Birmingham bowl šŸ¤®Ā 

or liberty bowl where Matchup is projected to be against UCF!

Ā 

Auburn hasnā€™t been to the liberty bowl since the 80s a postseason matchup against Gus would be interestingĀ 

• Like 1

I guess I'd rather get run over once by the Gus Bus, than to ride it indefinitely.

WDE.

• Haha 2

It would be good for tv rating and narratives but wouldnā€™t be good for Auburn. Lose to Gus in a bowl oh boy. Gus is currently 3-1 vs CHF

Edited by e808

3 hours ago, KnightTiger said:

It looks likely bowl destination would be a third straight trip to the Birmingham bowl šŸ¤®Ā 

or liberty bowl where Matchup is projected to be against UCF!

Ā 

Auburn hasnā€™t been to the liberty bowl since the 80s a postseason matchup against Gus would be interestingĀ 

We didnā€™t go bowling last year. For coachā€™s first year *when the future looks to be better* Birmingham will do just fine.

Edited by AUwent

If we play UCF at least we'd know what to expect on first down.Ā 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Eagle-1 said:

I'm still trying to figure out why that city even has a bowl. They should call it the Hope Your Cars Still There Bowl.Ā 

That's why there's a song called Walking in Memphis.Ā 

• Haha 6

Just now, KnightTiger said:

I believe op was referring to Birmingham legion fieldĀ 

Yep, I was talking about Birmingham too, but Memphis is no better.Ā 

At least Memphis has the blues culture. Not sure what the attraction is about Birmingham. Maybe a tour of the waste water treatment plant?

• Haha 3

Downtown has a good amount of jazz spots. The area where protective stadium is located has been updated . Itā€™s not Hawaii but better than before

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

I'd love to see Gusball Version 4 vs Freezeball Version 1 in a bowl game. And if we make ANY bowl this season with this schedule and this many roster newbies, it will be no small accomplishment.Ā 

Birmingham year 1, Nashville/Tampa/Jacksonville/Houston year 2 and 3, Orlando year 4, playoffs year 5.Ā šŸ˜Ž

Edited by AUwent

Iā€™m in take what I can get mode. Ā Bowl game equals more practices which this team apparently desperately needs. Ā I donā€™t care who they play. Ā That 2009/2010 Outback Bowl was a big boost coming off a kind of stinky end of the season. Ā Short of beating Bama, winning a bowl would probably be the 2nd best outcome. Ā 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

I'd love to see Gusball Version 4 vs Freezeball Version 1 in a bowl game. And if we make ANY bowl this season with this schedule and this many roster newbies, it will be no small accomplishment.Ā 

Media is probably licking their chops at the thought of Auburn vs Gus in a bowl

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

Media is probably licking their chops at the thought of Auburn vs Gus in a bowl

Like u said the media would be salivating. Not sure it would be ideal for Auburn. Mess around and lose to UCF and CHF would be 1-4 against Gus. Might be opening Pandoraā€™s box to me

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Yep, I was talking about Birmingham too, but Memphis is no better.Ā 

At least Memphis has the blues culture. Not sure what the attraction is about Birmingham. Maybe a tour of the waste water treatment plant?

Well, it's a damn nice treatment plant.

• Haha 1