2024 Transfer Portal Thread (Merged Zeek's New Thread)

AU80cruiser

12 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Why does his first name make me want a Gherkin pickle ? Weird,huh?

Edited by toddc

I will wait till the third game in 2024 before I get excited about any G5 player. For now, it is just a body until we put a talent in that place. Just like receivers this past year, bad talent and now we get to replace them with good talent. It is a slow build. 

2 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

Yes he has. And we need dudes like this.

Thank you

• Like 1

Texas A&M boosters spent tons of $ to get many of these same players that are now transferring and demanding to be paid again.  This entire system is a disaster in the making.

• Like 6

On 12/9/2023 at 9:32 PM, Mikey said:

He must have some great leadership qualities. The players voted him team captain even though he was a first year guy here.

I sure hope so. Hopefully longer in the system with hopefully some stud WR’s will help. I keep reading that we will not land any of the top portal QB’s, which I kind of expected. 

4 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Since Will Sheppard is out of the equation…

Not sure what to think about him.   4 star out of high school outside of NOLA.  Only P5 offers were Louisville and State.   Liberty also offered him.   He did get over 100 and a TD against us this year.  He had another TD against us but his foot came down out of bounds.

40 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

So, now we have unlimited free agency. Not even the pros allow such foolishness as this. Teams will have to re-recruit and re-buy every player annually. Or monthly. Or weekly.  Whatever.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So, now we have unlimited free agency. Not even the pros allow such foolishness as this. Teams will have to re-recruit and re-buy every player annually. Or monthly. Or weekly.  Whatever.

I didn’t know NFL limited free agency. I thought the agreed to contract stipulated length of time .

Just now, Hank2020 said:

I didn’t know NFL limited free agency. I thought the agreed to contract stipulated length of time .

Yes, contract length of time. Right now, the colleges have no length of time. Don't like it at your present place? Pick up the phone and call somebody. Wanna' try three different schools in a month? Dial 'em up!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Yes, contract length of time. Right now, the colleges have no length of time. Don't like it at your present place? Pick up the phone and call somebody. Wanna' try three different schools in a month? Dial 'em up!

There are many (not sure of actual stats) that choose 1year contracts and move on to next team.

Just now, Hank2020 said:

There are many (not sure of actual stats) that choose 1year contracts and move on to next team.

Two things: The ruling makes college "contracts" be not even a year, not even a full season. Second, if I wanted to follow this sort of thing I'd be an NFL fan. It's looking like it may come to just that. Or, I like fishing and the shooting sports and the fall is normally great weather for both.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

And unless you're loaded, kiss any quality depth goodbye. You'll have to shell out money to your bench to keep them from filling holes at rivals or the starting lineups at smaller schools. 

College football is really going to test its fans in the coming years. 

Edited by aucom96
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Two things: The ruling makes college "contracts" be not even a year, not even a full season. Second, if I wanted to follow this sort of thing I'd be an NFL fan. It's looking like it may come to just that. Or, I like fishing and the shooting sports and the fall is normally great weather for both.

Yep, we will have to choose (everyone has that option).

An Ivy League transfer would not qualify at Auburn? Are you serious? Unless you mean he is not good enough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1