2024 Transfer Portal Thread (Merged Zeek's New Thread)

AU80cruiser

6 reg season wins is a failure. 

7…I’m conflicted. A winning season would undoubtedly be an important step in the recovery process. So many are pointing to year 3 as the leap forward. However, we have so many seniors that I think it may be more realistic to win 8 then 7 than the other way around.

8 is a success.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, AUwent said:

6 reg season wins is a failure. 

7…I’m conflicted. A winning season would undoubtedly be an important step in the recovery process. So many are pointing to year 3 as the leap forward. However, we have so many seniors that I think it may be more realistic to win 8 then 7 than the other way around.

8 is a success.

2024 - we’ve addressed most of our issues.  I am now thinking 8-4 regular season is realistic.   I just hope the coaching staff doesn’t let a game or two slip up on them like last year.   We’ve got to win the ones we should definitely win!

2025 - We will be losing a lot of seniors, but we’ll have mostly guys that CHF has brought in, with a good bit of talent, and some continuity on the coaching staff.  So, I don’t necessarily see 2025 as a step back year.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

2024 - we’ve addressed most of our issues.  I am now thinking 8-4 regular season is realistic.   I just hope the coaching staff doesn’t let a game or two slip up on them like last year.   We’ve got to win the ones we should definitely win!

2025 - We will be losing a lot of seniors, but we’ll have mostly guys that CHF has brought in, with a good bit of talent, and some continuity on the coaching staff.  So, I don’t necessarily see 2025 as a step back year.  

We have no idea what 2025 roster or coaching staff looks like at this point. Each year is a new year, we must get used to this idea. I think Freeze looks like this way due to the way he went about portal after spring.

• Like 1

I want to win as many games as possible but Auburn’s #1 priority should be beating a rival and winning their two huge home games in 2024. I swore I would never have that mentality but you have to show recruits you can actually beat elite or good teams. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

We have no idea what 2025 roster or coaching staff looks like at this point. Each year is a new year, we must get used to this idea. I think Freeze looks like this way due to the way he went about portal after spring.

True, looking ahead to 2025 is futile at this point, but still the point that it will be guys that CHF brings in remains.   With 3 years of roster building, we should be in a fairly decent spot.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, woodford said:

I want to win as many games as possible but Auburn’s #1 priority should be beating a rival and winning their two huge home games in 2024. I swore I would never have that mentality but you have to show recruits you can actually beat elite or good teams. 

there is a difference between making it a priority and having a realistic chance of it Was 2013 the last time we beat Georgia at Georgia? 2010 for Bama? Beating two Juggernauts in away games would take a miracle. 

12 minutes ago, shabby said:

there is a difference between making it a priority and having a realistic chance of it Was 2013 the last time we beat Georgia at Georgia? 2010 for Bama? Beating two Juggernauts in away games would take a miracle. 

‘13 was in JHS. Prayer at Jordan Hare. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ertrader said:

2005 for last win at GA I think. Like 4 coaches ago 

Yep, 8 losses in a row in Athens and 6 in a row in Tuscaloosa. Also lost 11 of our last 12 in Baton Rouge. 

On 4/29/2024 at 2:19 PM, shabby said:

Miracle is a strong word but I get your point. 

Alabama is more likely than Georgia. Kirby and staff will never underestimate Auburn no matter how the rest of CFB perceives them. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AUwent said:

Hate to say, but at this point who can win at those three?

Vandy has won in Athens twice since the last time Auburn won there! But seriously your point is well taken, since 2017 UGA has only lost one home game (South Carolina).

The perfect summary of AU futility in Athens  - in 2016 (Kirby first year) UGA lost to Vanderbilt and Georgia Tech at home. Both were unranked. But Auburn comes into Athens ranked #8 and loses 13-7.  I think that was the game where Sean White's arm fell off and Gus didn't notice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ertrader said:

Vandy has won in Athens twice since the last time Auburn won there! But seriously your point is well taken, since 2017 UGA has only lost one home game (South Carolina).

The perfect summary of AU futility in Athens  - in 2016 (Kirby first year) UGA lost to Vanderbilt and Georgia Tech at home. Both were unranked. But Auburn comes into Athens ranked #8 and loses 13-7.  I think that was the game where Sean White's arm fell off and Gus didn't notice.

That may have been the most frustrated I ever was at Gus.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, ertrader said:

Thank you Gus

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Do you remember the JF3 vs White debates?  Those were always good for a laugh

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Do you remember the JF3 vs White debates?  Those were always good for a laugh

God almighty why in god name did you have to remind me....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So, I saw an article that said CHF is planning to add 4 more players through the portal.   Any idea on targets and or visits?    It’s been really quiet since our flurry last week.  

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

So, I saw an article that said CHF is planning to add 4 more players through the portal.   Any idea on targets and or visits?    It’s been really quiet since our flurry last week.  

Ryan Williams and Mbakwe are flipping from the turds?  Maybe?

Serious Cary Elwes GIF

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

God almighty why in god name did you have to remind me....

To have been an offensive guru, we had some of the worst freakin QB struggles for several years there.

• Like 1

Just some quick thoughts by position.

QB | I am surprised no one has transferred out yet. If no one leaves we won't add anyone here.

RB | Surprisingly we look to be holding on to what we have.

WR | I still expect two more receivers to hit the portal and we want to add at least one more from the portal. Though I haven't seen any buzz recently.

TE | No active need here.

OL | The Tigers would add the right interior lineman if they saw a fit but currently aren't high on any portal prospects.

DL | Auburn has likely filled this need at this time

LB | We would like to add one more on the interior. South Alabama's Khalil Jacobs just visited on the 30th and has received an offer.

DB | San Jose State corner, Jayvion Cole, had three interceptions last year and is scheduled to visit May 6th.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

18 hours ago, ertrader said:

18 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

If I had been King of Auburn that day, Gus would have never coached football at AU again. And might have had to find a ride home from Athens. 

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

QB | I am surprised no one has transferred out yet. If no one leaves we won't add anyone here.

WR | I still expect two more receivers to hit the portal and we want to add at least one more from the portal. Though I haven't seen any buzz recently.

OL | The Tigers would add the right interior lineman if they saw a fit but currently aren't high on any portal prospects.

LB | We would like to add one more on the interior. South Alabama's Khalil Jacobs just visited on the 30th and has received an offer.

DB | San Jose State corner, Jayvion Cole, had three interceptions last year and is scheduled to visit May 6th.

@Zeek = 🐐

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

Was just taking a quick look at 247's top uncommitted WR's in the portal and a few names ring a bell. Any intel on us talking with Karmello? Is he friends with Cam Coleman? Or what about Badger? 

image.png