2024 Transfer Portal Thread (Merged Zeek's New Thread)

AU80cruiser

Auburn 2024 Transfer Portal offers as of 12/05/2024

Quarterback - No public offers yet. 

Running Back - Auburn not expected to sign a transfer running back.

Tight End - No public offers yet.

Wide Receiver 

4* Will Sheppard - 6' 3" 200 - Vanderbilt - 1 year of eligibility - Stats

3* Robert Lewis - 5' 11" 185 - Georgia Southern - 1 year of eligibility - Stats - Visit 12/08-09/23

4* Caullin Lacy - 5' 10" 190 - South Alabama - 1 year of eligibility - Stats

4* Deion Burks - 5' 11" 195 - Purdue - 2 years of eligibility - Stats

Offensive Linemen

4* Easton Kilty - OL - 6' 5" 305 - North Dakota - 1 year of eligibility

3* Alan Herron - OT - 6' 6" 310 - Shorter - 2 years of eligibility

3* Gerquan Scott - IOL - 6' 4" 300 - Southern Mississippi - 1 year of eligibility

3* Fernando Carmona, Jr - OT - 6' 5" 314 - San Jose State - 2 years of eligibility

3* Matthew Bedford - OL 6' 6" 315 - Indiana - 1 year eligibility Visit 12/06/23

Defensive Linemen

4* Nate Clifton - DE - 6' 5" 280 - Vanderbilt - 1 year of eligibility - Stats

3* Derrick Harmon - DT - 6" 4.5" - Michigan State - 2 years of eligibility - Stats

Linebacker

4* Chris Paul, Jr - 6' 1" 233 - Arkansas - 2 years of eligibility - Stats

Defensive Back

3* Ethan Robinson - 6' 0" 175 - Bucknell - 1 year of eligibility - Stats

4* Will Lee III - 6' 3" 185 - Kansas State - 2 years of eligibility - Stats

Will be updated with new offers or as commitments are made.

2 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

We need to upgrade some positions while we wait for our high school recruits to build up our team. Who are some realistic potential transfers that you've identified this season that still have atleast 1 year of eligibility and would fill positions of need for Auburn next year? QB, receiver, and LB would be top positions of need IMO.

I like Michael Pratt from Tulane for QB as a potential transfer. Some have mentioned Maalik Murphy from Texas sitting between Manning and Ewers. Jaylen Raynor of Arkansas ST leads all group of 5 QBs through week 5, thoughts on him. 

If it’s going to be a transfer, must be playing.

3 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

I like Michael Pratt from Tulane for QB as a potential transfer. Some have mentioned Maalik Murphy from Texas sitting between Manning and Ewers. Jaylen Raynor of Arkansas ST leads all group of 5 QBs through week 5, thoughts on him. 

He was very close to being here this year. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I would not go after a freshman!!

I wouldn’t either. If we developed QBs, we don’t have to rely on the portal. Not working out so far this year. 

I have zero intel but there is no way Maalik Murphy would come to Auburn. He’d be a fool to go anywhere that doesn’t have NFL guys on the OL. 

LSU or Alabama seem like more likely landing spots maybe 

4 hours ago, AU120289 said:

It would be nice to develop some QBs. On my Christmas list for Santa. 

We don't have any yet on campus that are developable

On 10/7/2023 at 9:25 PM, W.E.D said:

We don't have any yet on campus that are developable

How did you arrive at this conclusion? 

They are all "Developable" to an extent. I know...semantics...but I think determining where the "developable" Goal Post lay is important. 

Are we talking about being developed into an above average CFB QB....Top 5 SEC QB.... Day 1 draft pick.. a serviceable Game manager....a Gun Slinger.....Heisman Finalist...and on and on and on. What is the metric for which you deemed all 4 of our Scholarship QBs not "developable"  and again what are you basing this on?

I mean....we have only seen a very minuscule dose of HG.....virtually none of Hank Brown...so to say they are not "developable" just seems like a bit of a doltish take IMO.  

And maybe you were just joking and if so then by all means disregard this all. I just found it to be an odd conclusion.

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Like 3

Whether we have a guy that can be developed or not we still need a developed guy that has some escapability in the pocket until we get our Oline sorted out. 

I prefer a gunslinger for next season so atleast we can maybe develope our passing game and get more receivers onboard. We may lose some games but I want to see some exciting offensive play even if he throws a few picks.

Edited by AU80cruiser

1 hour ago, woodford said:

I have zero intel but there is no way Maalik Murphy would come to Auburn. He’d be a fool to go anywhere that doesn’t have NFL guys on the OL. 

He was listening intently to us this spring before UTx dropped a bag

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

He was listening intently to us this spring before UTx dropped a bag

Interesting. I think portal focuses need to be OL and on defense for 2024. 

If you go after a QB then HG and RA are probably gone.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, woodford said:

I could easily see 2/4 moving on. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, woodford said:

I don’t see the big problem with that.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I could easily see 2/4 moving on. 

2 sounds pretty likely.  4 would be surprising!

I really, really want us to get a QB or two on campus in January!!!  I think PT not going through Spring had a major impact on his readiness when we started the season.  

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

2 sounds pretty likely.  4 would be surprising!

I really, really want us to get a QB or two on campus in January!!!  I think PT not going through Spring had a major impact on his readiness when we started the season.  

2 of 4... not 4 total. 

11 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

How did you arrive at this conclusion? 

just seems like a bit of a doltish take IMO.  

JMO doltish or not.

10 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Brown's on campus. Your data on him is exactly what?

1200 ranked player in the nation.  Extremely low 3*.  Zero quality P5 offers  Statistical chance of becoming a goo P5 starter probably like 10%.  Likely hood of him ever taking meaningful snaps at Auburn is extremely low.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Whether we have a guy that can be developed or not we still need a developed guy that has some escapability in the pocket until we get our Oline sorted out. 

Our OL isn't that bad.  Lots of sacks on the QB

10 hours ago, woodford said:

It's going to be interesting.  We've got A LOT of super seniors with eligibility and only 18 that have to leave.  Think we have 82 scholarships with 2 walkons that need theirs clawed back.  We have a lot of dead weight that will need to be told to hit the road.  IMO we need another 15 tranfesrs again.

QB (1) - Everyone wants wan but IDK if we can sell a good guy on our team w/ an incumbent starter in Thorne returning
RB - Should be fine.  I think Battie could even come back
WR (2) - We can't rely on a bunch of freshman and a small slot WR in Fair.  We probably need 2
TE - Everyone is eligible to come back. We have too many and 3 super seniors that are blockers only.
OL (2-3)- We'll lose Britton, Young, Stutts, and Wade has a solid chance to go pro.  We don't have a LT on our roster.  We can probably replace Young with Lew and maybe get better.  We need a guard in the portal.  Maybe look for a young guy that is leaving a stacked school after his FR/Soph  year to fill out lower classes

DL (2) - I hope Harris doesn't leave.  Going to need some DT/SDE player for at least depth.  2
Edge (1-2) - Still don't have rushers
LB (2) - We might lose a spot against the 85 if Tolan doesn't land somewhere.  I think Nixon is the only one that is out of eligibility.  We kinda need some guys to roll out
S (2) - Be interesting on who returns.  But Puckett and SImpson RS in '19, 20 doesn't count, and only using their 3rd year of eligibility in '23.  I'd guess Simpson might go pro moreso out of the two.  Kuafman and Scott also back.  Depth is bad after our top 4 Safeties, although Love looks promising
DB (1-2) - Can never have enough.  have some talented young guys but a top cover transfer would be nice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I remember looking at the roster preseason and Auburn is going to need to replicate what it did last year in the portal.  I’m hopeful the QB and WR situation will look better after a year in the system.  If you bring in a new Qb and a couple new WRs that you expect to start then you are almost starting from scratch again.  Dline and LB needs a lot more quality depth pieces.

• Like 2