Is Anti-Zionism antisemitism?

TexasTiger

18 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Fine, but my eternal soul is not part of the government's purview,  is it?

Conversely, it is not religion's purview to police my or other people's actions - that is the role of government and laws, and both are rightly supposed to be religion-neutral in order to treat all equally. Do you agree with that?

Somewhat. Our nation has allowed freedom of religion and personal freedoms more than any other country.

However, when personal actions conflicts or defiles community standards, morals and ethics, then that’s were the problem lies.. This is why many of these standards are defined at the local level. Different communities and different standards 

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

To compare the foundational texts of three of the largest active world religions to Egyptian Hieroglyphs of a religion and culture that died thousands of years ago shows an amazing anti-intellectualism on your part.

I can explain it to you, I cant comprehend it for you.

Just need to overlook some things. Talking to a person that believes fellow humans are nothing more than a species of more intelligent life form than say a jack ass. Put here by nothing other than chance and big boom. 

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

You can assume you whatever your self prescribed above normal intelligence mind wants. We have been through this in past. Here you are digging up a discussion we had 5 months ago.

I don’t see a real value in hashing out literal or not. 

OK.  I'll assume you take the bible literally - including Genesis.

Ashamed to admit it?

11 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Ashamed to admit it?

That’s fine. Now you can run down to your basement lab and spend the afternoon proofing to me that God couldn’t have pulled off the Noah/Arc account..

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

There are crazies all over the world...

It’s crazy for religious folks to not equate or tie their religious beliefs and lives to a governing state? 

33 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

That’s fine. Now you can run down to your basement lab and spend the afternoon proofing to me that God couldn’t have pulled off the Noah/Arc account..

Were dinosaurs on that "Arc" Salty?

Edited by homersapien

https://www.usgs.gov/faqs/did-people-and-dinosaurs-live-same-time#:~:text=No!,before people appeared on Earth.

No! After the dinosaurs died out, nearly 65 million years passed before people appeared on Earth. However, small mammals (including shrew-sized primates) were alive at the time of the dinosaurs. Some scientists who study dinosaurs (vertebrate paleontologists) now think that birds are direct descendants of one line of carnivorous dinosaurs, and some consider that they in fact represent modern living dinosaurs. This theory remains under discussion and shows that there is still much we don't know about dinosaurs.

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Just need to overlook some things. Talking to a person that believes fellow humans are nothing more than a species of more intelligent life form than say a jack ass. Put here by nothing other than chance and big boom. 

Well, that's not exactly right. I do believe we are nothing more than a species that evolved along the primate branch of the "tree".  And I don't necessarily believe we aren't all more intelligent than a jack ass (see M.T. Greene).

What do you believe - that God literally created us exactly as taught in Genesis? (And woman came from Adam's rib.)

Edited by homersapien

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Were dinosaurs on that "Arc" Salty?

You need to read the book of Job. He saw behemoth. Not going to spoon feed you.

5 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

It’s crazy for religious folks to not equate or tie their religious beliefs and lives to a governing state? 

I dont want that, and most of the West don't want that. But there are ME Nations where being tied to their religion and as they are sovereign nations we must respect that. I do not think that will ever end well. The Spartans ruined their nation by trying to manage slavery at too high a level. Soon they were dedicating more time to slave mgt than it was worth and they slowly lagged further and further behind the rest of the city-states. 

6 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

If you’re so literalist that youre able to merge  dinosaurs and Noah…. well thats pretty impressive.  Loading the T-Rex’s must have been a spectator sport.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

If you’re so literalist that youre able to merge  dinosaurs and Noah…. well thats pretty impressive.  Loading the T-Rex’s must have been a spectator sport.

Doubt that T-Rex was loaded but again maybe.

8 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

This had to have been addressed by The Far Side at some point, right?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Loved it and would bet you are correct. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

image.thumb.png.0241e907d67bcd6e2654d319b37bbaaf.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

So you actually do believe it? 

I am not trying to be aggressive, I'm genuinely curious. If you don't want to respond, just say so.

Edited by homersapien

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

I want a movie!!! ;D

Edited by homersapien

On 4/6/2024 at 10:03 AM, homersapien said:

Ashamed to admit it?

I’m not. Yes I believe the Creation story as written. 

22 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

200w.gif

• Haha 2

Literal vs figurative interpretation of the Bible is over a millennium long Christian debate.

On 4/5/2024 at 1:26 PM, PUB78 said:

You either believe Christ is the son of God, died for your sins and is the ONLY way to heaven or you don't.

THe consequences  of non-belief  will be  for eternity

so basically you're saying that whether a person goes to hell or not is almost entirely dependent on where and when he's born? 

If you had been born to a religious family in the middle east you'd almost certainly be a devout Muslim today.

If you'd been born in India, one of the most populist places on earth, chances are you would most likely be a Hindu right now with a small chance of being Muslim. 

If you'd been born in China or Japan, you'd be more likely to be non-religious or be religious towards ancient Gods and spirits based on your history. 

The religion you choose to take up is very strongly influenced by your family, friends, upbringing, and the society you grow up into. Religion isn't some blank slate where everyone is born, given a equal and nonbiased education on all the world religions and then gets to pick which ones they believe to be true. Humans for the most part will end up being believers of whatever religion or belief system they are taught to believe in at a young age. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

so basically you're saying that whether a person goes to hell or not is almost entirely dependent on where and when he's born? 

If you had been born to a religious family in the middle east you'd almost certainly be a devout Muslim today.

If you'd been born in India, one of the most populist places on earth, chances are you would most likely be a Hindu right now with a small chance of being Muslim. 

If you'd been born in China or Japan, you'd be more likely to be non-religious or be religious towards ancient Gods and spirits based on your history. 

The religion you choose to take up is very strongly influenced by your family, friends, upbringing, and the society you grow up into. Religion isn't some blank slate where everyone is born, given a equal and nonbiased education on all the world religions and then gets to pick which ones they believe to be true. Humans for the most part will end up being believers of whatever religion or belief system they are taught to believe in at a young age. 

Unfortunately this is the mentality that many in this country have...it's the greatest country ever because, in their minds, it was established as a Christian nation. We're the lucky ones and have a responsibility to convert everyone else in order to "save" them. Sucks for those we can't reach or choose not to believe but oh well, we tried.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Millions of Muslims are coming to Christ. It has been amazing.

4 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Millions of Muslims are coming to Christ. It has been amazing.

I'm sure they are, but surely you understand that millions of Christians also convert to Islam?

18 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

:laugh: I never doubted that with you. 

Fundamentalists and MAGAs will believe literally anything.