Future NCAA Basketball Investigations

CameronCrazy

I understand that Pearl & Auburn were nervous because he already had a show clause under his belt, but they should have fought the NCAA tooth and nail. Danjel Purifoy sat out 1+ years. Austin Wiley sat out 1 year. Shariffe Cooper sat out multiple games under a separate investigation. 

I told my dad then, Auburn shouldn’t accept ANY penalties until Kansas and North Carolina receive their penalties. And guess what? They never were! Kansas & Bill Self faced 5 Level 1 violations and they were all reduced to 1 Level III violation today. No suspensions for Bill Self or assistant coaches. No postseason ban. Kansas & Bill Self have thrived during this 5+ year investigation. The NCAA is a joke and I hope I hope we fight them tooth and nail going forward! 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

It's water under the bridge now but yeah, the Shariffe thing was ridiculous. We knew we only had him for one year and we got half a season out of him. 

• Like 2

I'm sorry. Is there another investigation of Auburn? Can you provide a link to a reputable source please?

11 hours ago, AURex said:

I'm sorry. Is there another investigation of Auburn? Can you provide a link to a reputable source please?

No, that’s why I titled it “future” Auburn investigations. Hopefully there isn’t any more, but if there is…

• Haha 1

We definitely got played as chumps by the NCAA. Long history of that happening to AU while our rivals do as they please. I hope that will change going forward. But i have very little faith or expectation that the leadership of AU is capable of doing more than collect tuition checks so i'm not holding my breath here. 

• Like 2

Man nobody is worried about any damn NCAA violations anymore. What's there to be scared of exactly? You literally recruit above board with money and NIL packages now. What rules can be broken lmao sending too many texts? 

• Haha 1

Louisville says hold my beer.  They DESTROYED themselves and are in a terrible spot to this day.  They are still years away from recovering, and for nothing.  

• Like 2

On 10/11/2023 at 9:00 PM, CameronCrazy said:

I understand that Pearl & Auburn were nervous because he already had a show clause under his belt, but they should have fought the NCAA tooth and nail. Danjel Purifoy sat out 1+ years. Austin Wiley sat out 1 year. Shariffe Cooper sat out multiple games under a separate investigation. 

I told my dad then, Auburn shouldn’t accept ANY penalties until Kansas and North Carolina receive their penalties. And guess what? They never were! Kansas & Bill Self faced 5 Level 1 violations and they were all reduced to 1 Level III violation today. No suspensions for Bill Self or assistant coaches. No postseason ban. Kansas & Bill Self have thrived during this 5+ year investigation. The NCAA is a joke and I hope I hope we fight them tooth and nail going forward! 

I'm 100% with you. 

@RunInRed could you let Rich know not to be a cuck to the NCAA anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• ellitor changed the title to Future NCAA Basketball Investigations
On 10/12/2023 at 10:28 AM, gravejd said:

We definitely got played as chumps by the NCAA. Long history of that happening to AU while our rivals do as they please. I hope that will change going forward. But i have very little faith or expectation that the leadership of AU is capable of doing more than collect tuition checks so i'm not holding my breath here. 

Right on the money with this post; Auburn leadership is always going to treat the program in an awe shucks manner. I’ve followed that side well enough the last few years, and almost every move is more meh than the last lol