Remaining Road Games

Win4AU

Arkansas and Vandy.  Based on how Auburn is playing on the road even Vandy isn’t a gimme.  When was the last time Arkansas beat Auburn in Fayetteville?  2015?  They’ll be excited to see blood in the water.  The last 2 trips to Vandy were losses in 08 & 12.  The 2 worst teams I’ve seen Auburn field up until this year.  

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Arkansas and Vandy.  Based on how Auburn is playing on the road even Vandy isn’t a gimme.  When was the last time Arkansas beat Auburn in Fayetteville?  2015?  They’ll be excited to see blood in the water.  The last 2 trips to Vandy were losses in 08 & 12.  The 2 worst teams I’ve seen Auburn field up until this year.  

i am not sure about arkie now but i had hoped so squeak out a win against them and the cowbells. i had hoped for seven wins but it appears grim. we do have the one cupcake remaining. maybe we find magic against the turds. who knows................

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i am not sure about arkie now but i had hoped so squeak out a win against them and the cowbells. i had hoped for seven wins but it appears grim. we do have the one cupcake remaining. maybe we find magic against the turds. who knows................

Arkansas has a lot of problems and may be just as bad off as Auburn by the time that game rolls around.  The difference is you’ll have a coach in year 1 and a coach that’s probably on his way out.  Assuming Auburn musters up enough offense to beat Vandy and Miss State the Arkansas game would be the difference in a 6 or 7 win season.  

• Like 1

I will have more confidence in getting wins if CHF just calls set plays from the sideline (Example our slant plays against LSU) instead of leaving it up to the QBs - ditching the RPO system.   BUT that will not benefit CHF's plan for building next year and years to come.  I think he is set on getting through the season with the RPO system and limiting on him sending in set plays taking away all decision making from the QBs.

21 hours ago, AUY2K said:

I have no faith in our remaining away games.  Could Vandy beat Cal?

I can only hope we beat MSU and surely the NMS game is a win.

Liberty beat Arkansas last year and then got blown out by NMS.  NMS might have Danny Hugh's number.  

On 10/16/2023 at 7:51 AM, Win4AU said:

When was the last time Arkansas beat Auburn in Fayetteville?

This will be the latest game in Fayettenam in AU history. Weather can get super cold super quick there. 10/30/1993 produced snow & a 10 degree wind chill.

22 hours ago, AUY2K said:

I have no faith in our remaining away games.

Bingo. This is a horrible team on the road. Three missed FGs saved them in Berkeley.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Viper said:

This will be the latest game in Fayettenam in AU history. Weather can get super cold super quick there. 10/30/1993 produced snow & a 10 degree wind chill.

I can recall a couple of games in sleet and ice too.  I haven’t paid attention but I bet Mizzou is the same way.

Edited by Win4AU

1 hour ago, AUY2K said:

I will have more confidence in getting wins if CHF just calls set plays from the sideline (Example our slant plays against LSU) instead of leaving it up to the QBs - ditching the RPO system.   BUT that will not benefit CHF's plan for building next year and years to come.  I think he is set on getting through the season with the RPO system and limiting on him sending in set plays taking away all decision making from the QBs.

Just like Malzahn’s read option offense, there are some calls that are not really reads but called plays to go a certain way. I believe these slants may have been called to be slant passes rather than options. The hand off fake was still used to pull the LB’s forward. Just a thought.

Just now, Win4AU said:

I can recall a could games in sleet and ice too.  I haven’t paid attention but I bet Mizzou is the same way.

They say the way Fayettenam is half encompassed by mountains and 1,332 feet above sea level makes it more vulnerable to wacky, cold weather.

• Like 1

I'm far from a sunshine pumper but in regards to the last two visits to Vandy, those were much better Vandy squads than the current one.

Edited by AUwent

On 10/18/2023 at 2:51 AM, Viper said:

Bingo. This is a horrible team on the road. Three missed FGs saved them in Berkeley.

Not to mention the officials calling a Cal touchdown back, that should’ve been six. Sure glad we got a break there, we don’t get too many.

On 10/17/2023 at 6:08 PM, AUwent said:

I'm far from a sunshine pumper but in regards to the last two visits to Vandy, those were much better Vandy squads than the current one.

Agreed.  I think both were Vandy bowl teams.  James Franklin was the coach in 2012?  Vandy and Ga Tech have both caught Auburn at the perfect time the past couple times they’ve played.