Perspective

LPTiger

10 hours ago, e808 said:

Wish I had the time to look up the Saban success story and gather a bigger sample size.

Let me summarize,Β πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°, Chargers, suits,Β πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°πŸ’°.

Oh, and a state media that momma didn't love enough.Β 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Did anyone else notice how unprofessional our players and coaches looked in tiger walk? Just me being old?Β 

I doubt Hugh is spending time on that right now.Β  Get me some dudes and then focus on attire.

19 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Some folks have been shrugging off the ULM comparison for Saban’s first year and the Vandy loss in Kirby’s. But I think those games are very relevant. Those coaches replaced guys that could recruit but that did not know how to instill fight or a winning mentality in their players. They had to change the culture of the locker room, and there were growing pains along the way. Freeze has an even bigger challenge because the players aren’t even there. Harsin left a bare locker room, and the folks that are left don’t have a clue how to handle ups and downs in a season. I’m an industrial psychologist. Cultural change takes time and often some turnover. Put another way, it’s going to take more than one off-season to erase the poor locker room culture Harsin created.

Hmm they are not the same thing, Saban had one a natty CHF has not...Vandy is not a g5 team, although a bottom tier SEC team that comparison is not even close IMHO. I mean lets put it in perspective NMSU had never beaten an SEC team, we just made history, first SEC team to ever accomplish that. I just wish folks would quit saying they are psychics and can predict the future, so far all this year CHF has shown is that he can recruit, I give him props for that but remains to be seen how we will finish up. Outside of that, I have not seen much if anything that proves to me that he can coach, and this loss just adds more weight to that. We will see how this plays out and I really hope he is able to right the ship but there are no guarantees that is going to happen even when he gets his players which I hope is soon since I am tired of him blaming it on the players and that is what he is saying every time he throws out there the lack of talent stuff. Dude man up and coach the players you have, not like he didnt know what he was getting himself into, although he makes excuses for that also, sheesh. Again I hope he turns it around but no one knows how thats going to go, since no one has a crystal ball, he may get us there and he may be gus 2.0, bottom line right now no one knows. For me the coaching/play calling display this year has me concerned that even after recruiting he is not going to get us where we want to be but again we will see...

I'm always pulling for the kids to win, I will never pull against the kids playing the game but this coaching staff let them down tremendously last Saturday...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Auburn93 said:

I doubt Hugh is spending time on that right now.Β  Get me some dudes and then focus on attire.

That’s literally a memo that an intern can send out. Β I am old school too. Β But that’s a detail that shouldn’t be overlooked imho. Β  It just looks better when everyone is dressed the same. (team sweats, polos, whatever. Β They have plenty of team issued attire to make it happen)

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 11:21 PM, JDUBB4AU said:

The only perspective I have is what is Hugh and the staffs buyout ?? Pay it and fire everyone. I mean everyone.Β 

I can’t tell if you’re serious or not. Would you have fired Mike Norvell after year one? What about after year two?

It’s a really bad and embarrassing loss. No doubt about that. But you can’t fire a staff after 1 season. Especially a staff that is doing everything they can to increase the talent level, and succeeding at it.

Β 

IMG_4080.jpeg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

I’m glad to finally see someone being sensible. I’ve been fighting my own impulses since about halfway through the game, often times very poorly.
Β 

That was an abysmal showing. We didn’t get good officiating in the first quarter, and that could’ve made a difference in the game. But it shouldn’t have even been close.
That said, there’s entirely too much overreaction to this game. Β it says very little about Hugh Freeze and says more about what Harsin did to this roster both talent wise and just mentality wise. These players don’t know what a win streak feels like. We haven’t had a 3 game in conference win streak since 2020. Very few of these players were on that team, and that was a weird year anyway because Covid.
Β 

Some folks have been shrugging off the ULM comparison for Saban’s first year and the Vandy loss in Kirby’s. But I think those games are very relevant. Those coaches replaced guys that could recruit but that did not know how to instill fight or a winning mentality in their players. They had to change the culture of the locker room, and there were growing pains along the way. Freeze has an even bigger challenge because the players aren’t even there. Harsin left a bare locker room, and the folks that are left don’t have a clue how to handle ups and downs in a season. I’m an industrial psychologist. Cultural change takes time and often some turnover. Put another way, it’s going to take more than one off-season to erase the poor locker room culture Harsin created.

I think Sabans loss to UAB while at LSU in his first year is revelant as well. During that time Saban hadn't won much of nothing at Michigan St. He had a good yr and got the LSU job. UAB had only had a program for 5 yrs.

Before people start lobbing incoming at me. We absolutely should be embarrassed over Saturday.Β  The manner it happened or even that it happened at all is not good.

But, it's happened other places and will continue to do so. The response is the key.

1 hour ago, bishoptf said:

Β mean lets put it in perspective NMSU had never beaten an SEC team, we just made history, first SEC team to ever accomplish that. I have not seen much if anything that proves to me that he can coach, and this loss just adds more weight to that. We will see how this plays out and I really hope he is able to right the ship but there are no guarantees that is going to happen even when he gets his players which I hope is soon since I am tired of him blaming it on the players and that is what he is saying every time he throws out there the lack of talent stuff. Dude man up and coach the players you have, not like he didnt know what he was getting himself into, although he makes excuses for that also, sheesh.Β  For me the coaching/play calling display this year has me concerned that even after recruiting he is not going to get us where we want to be but again we will see...

:bow:

We (fans) are being asked to ignore the coaching and play calling this year.Β  We're being told it's a throw-away season and CHF only has the time, focus and effort to recruit.Β  Forget the unprofessional appearance of our players & coaches in Tiger Walk as there just isn't time for Hugh to care about what his players, staff & program looks like ----Β he's recruiting.Β  Β We should excuse the lack of effort, energy and enthusiasm from the players because Hugh's focus is elsewhere.Β Β Β 

We need to ignore the coach's failure to prepare the players for an opponent that just took them behind the woodshed and beat the ever-loving crap out of the team.Β  This is a trash season, everyone's focused on recruiting, so it doesn't matter what the on-the-field product looks like the 5*'s are coming!!!!Β 

On 11/18/2023 at 10:07 PM, LPTiger said:

At the end of the day, this was a horrible game in a year that we all knew was going to be horrible. We weren't 38 points better than Arkansas anymore than we were just 7 points worse than UGA. This is a rebuild project. Β It will not be easy or fast. Β Β Β  Β Β 

So much this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The real reason we lost Saturday wasn’t coaches or players lack of preparation. I laughed when I saw that Abilene Christian was leading A&M 7-0 earlier in the day. I absolutely know that you should never enjoy the misfortune of anyone else and Saturday was that reality hitting me right in the face. I now have to work with the biggest Alabama fan in the state of Mississippi and these next two weeks have the potential to make me wished I were already retired.Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I can’t tell if you’re serious or not. Would you have fired Mike Norvell after year one? What about after year two?

It’s a really bad and embarrassing loss. No doubt about that. But you can’t fire a staff after 1 season. Especially a staff that is doing everything they can to increase the talent level, and succeeding at it.

Β 

IMG_4080.jpeg

Not serious. Just emotional . We have all spent the last decade almost being a basement dweller. I’m just sick manΒ 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Did anyone else notice how unprofessional our players and coaches looked in tiger walk? Just me being old?Β 

Can you be more specific?

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Not serious. Just emotional . We have all spent the last decade almost being a basement dweller. I’m just sick manΒ 

I’m am too bud. I’m sick of wasting my time caring about a bunch of rich coaches and spoiled a** kids that are making more money than military officers.Β 
Β 

I wish that I could just laugh at stuff like what happened Saturday night, but I can’t. I was sick watching that clock tick down in the fourth quarter. Felt completely helpless.Β 
Β 

Take solace in this though.

1. If we beat Bama, nobody is going to remember this. They will remember this as the season Bama blew it against a bad Auburn team.

2. 2 years from now, if Hugh is able to build this roster the way he’s trending now, we won’t give two sh**ts about this loss, because we will be playing in the playoffs and breaking offensive records.

Β 

Not saying either will happen, but that is how unimportant this loss really is. A few big wins can all but erase the memory of it. The FSU fans aren’t still whining about Norvell losing to Jax St. in fact, they probably never even remember it happenedΒ 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

That’s literally a memo that an intern can send out. Β I am old school too. Β But that’s a detail that shouldn’t be overlooked imho. Β  It just looks better when everyone is dressed the same. (team sweats, polos, whatever. Β They have plenty of team issued attire to make it happen)

I don’t view Hugh as a detail oriented person. Β His own appearance is disheveled and he looked like he was nursing a hangover when he got on the field Saturday before kickoff.

Β He’s not detailed enough to be able to juggle recruiting at a high level AND preparing his players for a game vs a G5 level opponent in our own house. Β He’s not detailed enough to prep the offense, dictate the offensive game plan or make the needed halftime adjustments for his team. Β 

He knows what it takes to win in this conference, im not sure he knows how to handle an SEC HC coaching position at an SEC program of Auburn’s level? Β We’ll see soon enough. Β 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, keesler said:

I don’t view Hugh as a detail oriented person. Β His own appearance is disheveled and he looked like he was nursing a hangover when he got on the field Saturday before kickoff.

Β He’s not detailed enough to be able to juggle recruiting at a high level AND preparing his players for a game vs a G5 level opponent in our own house. Β He’s not detailed enough to prep the offense, dictate the offensive game plan or make the needed halftime adjustments for his team. Β 

He knows what it takes to win in this conference, im not sure he knows how to handle an SEC HC coaching position at an SEC program of Auburn’s level? Β We’ll see soon enough. Β 

I can tell this loss is going to follow him for a long time. He will be 8-4 or 9-3 in three years and people will be talking about how he is NOT FIT TO BE AN SEC coach at Auburn.Β  The myth is being written now by JABA fans. JABA is Auburn people poor mouthing Auburn's coaches and administrators.Β 

Edited by Auburn93
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

I can tell this loss is going to follow him for a long time. He will be 8-4 or 9-3 in three years and people will be talking about how he is NOT FIT TO BE AN SEC coach at Auburn.Β  The myth is being written now by JABA fans. JABA is Auburn people poor mouthing Auburn's coaches and administrators.Β 

Aw man, the Auburn administrators ensure the coaches both past and present aren’t poor. Β Lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

If we are 8-4 next year and 9-3 the following, that would indicate progress (assuming the losses are to teams in general better than us). Saturday was by all accounts viewed as a throw away game by the staff and players and at a most likely 6-6, that isn't progress, that's just cashing a paycheck.

That said, we are just in a worse position than I think a lot of fan appreciate. Our OL has been a liability since, what, 2018? Several other positioned got filled on signing days with Plan Ds, then Mr Potato Head runs off several of the quality kids we did have on the team. This year wasn't ever going to be anything special but it should be one where we don't continually get stupid penalties in game 11 and stubbornly run for 2 yards every play.

5 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Β 

I wish that I could just laugh at stuff like what happened Saturday night, but I can’t. I was sick watching that clock tick down in the fourth quarter. Felt completely helpless.Β 
Β 

Β 

ACE, the problem is we love Auburn. Β And, it hurts when she isn't succeeding on the pace we want. Β  But, we can't love a great thing like Auburn too much. Β  Β Even when she hurts us, to the point of sickness, she is still Auburn, and we just have to love her more. Β  Β  Better days are ahead.

16 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Do we consider them professionals now?

41 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

They are if they are cashing a check.Β  Can't have it both ways.Β 

Sure you can. Which of our players are getting NIL? Is there something out there that tells you?

9 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Β 

IMG_4080.jpeg

Mississippi State would like a word.Β