Bama Postgame

bishoptf

Rushing 2 on that 4th and goal is just unforgivable. Roberts has been horrible on 3rd down and clutch situations all season.  Fire him.  If Freeze lets him in the locker room, fire Freeze. 

I’m telling you guys.  I’ve been quiet this whole season.  I listened to both sides.  Going back to my days as a stockbroker, I was always told the difference is in the clutch.  That’s what separates the winners. I won’t go further into that, but Freeze has not shown that winning clutch decision-making. At the very least, the DC needs to go at the now.  I mean immediately.  USC Lane Kiffin-style….  

That game was given away.  I’m tired of it.  It’s gotta stop and I don’t want to hear anymore about it being the first year.  We could have had 5 star players lined up across the field and still lost with rushing only 2 that last play.  Unreal.  Never seen that much ineptness in clutch situations in my life. 

• Like 4

Just now, Dan-0 said:

For defensive coordinators, we just saw a textbook example of what a defense should not do in a fourth and 31 situation. We don't have to sack Milroe, just flush him out of the pocket and make him try to run the ball or hurry his throw. We do that and we win the game, I bet.

Agreed. 

2 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Just another wait till next year, so tired of this carousel round and round we go down the drain...I need to just stop watching the games, JABA is never going to change in my life time...

I’ve followed em for 50 years and it damn sure ain’t never not been a thing.

• Like 1

Didn’t think it’d be close 

lost by 3

Rushing two was idiotic

War Eagle

• Like 7

Just now, fishepa said:

On Moore, Freeze said he thought Scott was back there.  

Awesome. He has no need to know.

But actually, I think radio (Andy) kept saying Scott. That wouldn't be surprising for Andy B.

• Like 1

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

That’s worse. Speaks to deeper problems in his program. You gotta know your personnel and packages, coach. Come on. 

He did know. Someone changed it. Fire that guy!

Moore was a bust at LSU. I remember when he transferred to Auburn. He talked so much smack about how great of player he would be at Auburn. Now, he will forever be known as a bust at Auburn. 

• Like 3

Why was Moore returning the punt? Why was Ashford out there? What the hell was that defense on 4th and goal? Why did Battie return the final kick?

Edited by cbo
  • Like 2

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

I’ve followed em for 50 years and it damn sure ain’t never not been a thing.

Yeah I'm at almost 40 and it seems to be getting worse, would just like to see it some how get turned around. Just handed another win to Saban and Bama, just gets old and almost abusive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theweegler said:

I can’t root for this team anymore as long as the coaches that made those decisions and the coaches that hired them are at Auburn. That’s the absolute stupidest play call on 4th and long I’ve ever seen in my 45 years of being a football fan. 

Bye Felicia. If this gives you cause to give up, be freaking gone!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, AUx said:

It's our lot in life. It's not a lot. But it's our life.

Never a truer word spoken. I need a new lot because this lot is perpetual punishment. Love Auburn, but I’m gobsmacked and don’t even know why. I saw this coming. 

5 minutes ago, fishepa said:

On Moore, Freeze said he thought Scott was back there.  

Unacceptable. Fireable honestly. And we thought Gus was a poor game manager.... 

Edited by Tiger
  • Like 1

4th and 31

QB had lots of time with 4 man rush but did get hurried at times. He CANT run in that situation cause someone can come up from deep to get him so it HAS to be a deep pass. Letting sit there and not have to make faster decisions was a total failure in coaching and there's no other way to spin it.

• Like 3

All we had to do was catch one kick and run the clock out ... to win the game the players had managed to control.

Edit: Correction - we didn't even have to be in the same zip code as that punt. 

Edited by AUx
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Why was Moore returning the punt? Why was Ashford out there? What the hell was that defense on 4th and goal? Why did Battie return the final kick?

At least Thorne saved us from the dumbassery of putting Robby in the game. Particularly on our last full drive. 

It was dumb to not instruct Battie to try to save clock on the last return. 

The 4th down conversation will go on for the rest of Iron Bowl history

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MagnoliaGoldie said:

Never a truer word spoken. I need a new lot because this lot is perpetual punishment. Love Auburn, but I’m gobsmacked and don’t even know why. I saw this coming. 

I wish I could block out the fact Auburn football exists hereafter. I want to love and support it. It just keeps kicking me in the balls.

• Like 1

Just now, gman87 said:

4th and 31

QB had lots of time with 4 man rush but did get hurried at times. He CANT run in that situation cause someone can come up from deep to get him so it HAS to be a deep pass. Letting sit there and not have to make faster decisions was a total failure in coaching and there's no other way to spin it.

Yep. 4th and 31 is a great time to blitz. Make him scramble and run it or think too fast and rush the pass. Or get sacked. Don’t give him and the receivers time to get to the endzone. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AUx said:

All we had to do was catch one kick and run the clock out ... to win the game the players had managed to control.

In all honesty, if you would have told me we bama would have had a 4th and 31 play to win the game I'd rather take that.  I mean, the odd's have to be 5% or less at actually making a TD in that scenario.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

At least Thorne saved us from the dumbassery of putting Robby in the game. Particularly on our last full drive. 

It was dumb to not instruct Battie to try to save clock on the last return. 

The 4th down conversation will go on for the rest of Iron Bowl history

I’m of the mind that if we don’t put Robbie in at all we get the yards and points needed to win. All he did today was go backwards. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1