Good Scarbinsky article

Aubie7

Amazing how those who once thought themselves "mighty" have fallen to the level of the "little team that could". B)

WE are Auburn. Let 'em underestimate us. We will prove them wrong on the FIELD. :au:

And for those who say "Bama is just temporarily down because of sanctions and injuries", I found these stats most interesting:

Auburn will take a 15-game winning streak into its challenging opening game against Georgia Tech. Alabama has not won more than five games in a row in nine years.

Auburn has won three straight bowl games. Alabama has won one bowl game, period, the past eight years.

Scarbinsky is right, however, about the upper hand in this rivalry being slippery. We can't let up and can't get complacent--there's still breath left in The Beast!

Auburn's total margin of victory in the past three Iron Bowls is one point less than Alabama's final advantage in the 2001 game.

I think I speak for everyone when I say I'd like to see us hand Bama a good whipping this year. Let's run up the score Spurrier-style, even.

i don't care if we win by one point. just keep chipping away at that all-time series lead and i'll be a happy man.

Archived