Catholic Church to split as did the UMC?

PUB78

I highly doubt that the Vatican has any plans to allow the property it now owns to be given to break away churches.  Of course, how dare someone suggeest blessing people that happen to be gay.  What is next?  Will those without sin please step to the front of the line.

No, I don't think the Catholic church is anywhere even close to a split like the UMC has seen. 

My understanding is that this isn't the church blessing same sex relationships or marriages, it's allowing priests to bless the people individually even if they happen to be in non-hetero relationships.. While this may be shocking to conservatives and traditionalist, I don't see this being considered that big of a deal to most Catholics. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

No, I don't think the Catholic church is anywhere even close to a split like the UMC has seen. 

My understanding is that this isn't the church blessing same sex relationships or marriages, it's allowing priests to bless the people individually even if they happen to be in non-hetero relationships.. While this may be shocking to conservatives and traditionalist, I don't see this being considered that big of a deal to most Catholics. 

Many on the fringe right would rather just condemn them to hell and relegate them to second class citizens in the land of the "free".