*Official Auburn vs. Maryland Game Thread*

abw0004

Just now, au701948 said:

This a replica of the NMSU game. Except, we were less prepared to play today than in that terrible fiasco.

I appreciate CHF Recruiting efforts as much as anyone but he better put on his Coaching Hat before Fall comes around.

If he is still mainly recruiting and coaching only big games in year 3 then he will need to go. Kirby recruits like mad AND is meticulous game prepper. 

I really like CHF but he’s going to have to do both going forward. I know this rebuild has been extremely difficult so he gets kudos from me for sure. It’s been a like miracle so far. 

Just now, KansasTiger said:

I'm seeing some brutal coaching mistakes. Fielding a punt like that? That's 100% coaching.

We have completely self destructed on offense, defense and special teams. I would say we are poorly coached but we don’t even look coached. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm gonna need a reset period (break) after this one.

It's been a rough season.  Playing poorly against Cal, letting a chance to beat UGA slip away, butt kicking by LSU, Lane Kiffin strutting around Jordan-Hare, NSMU, 4th-and-31, and Maryland.  The only bright spot I remember was the Arkansas game, and that was a blue moon.

At least we have Bruce Pearl and basketball to bring some relief.

War Eagle everyone.

• Like 1

Just now, difball said:

More punt fielding fun!!!!! 

Think they would have addressed that after Bama

That was coach Freeze disguised as Scott. It’s his fault…

This wasn’t a great game all the way around, but there are so many apoplectic posts on this thread that I’m not sure who to blame. I wish some of you would make up your mind…

• Like 1

It's the Gus Malzahn Curse. He had 8 winning seasons and since he's been gone we've had losing seasons all 3 years.

I'm joking but damn what have we gotta do just to have a winning year now? 

I'm seeing some brutal coaching mistakes. Fielding a punt like that? That's 100% coaching.

Exactly, just about every special teams decision this staff makes is wrong. When to field punts, not calling for fair catch to start on 25 on kickoffs....you name it we continue to do it wrong. And allow those are on the coaches. It's as simple as making a decision that stops all the negative yards and turnovers we accumulate in those cases.

• Like 1

Find it hard to believe that Freeze and company forgot how to prepare and coach a team, but watching this game (and several others), I'm like WTH!!!

1 minute ago, cbo said:

We have completely self destructed on offense, defense and special teams. I would say we are poorly coached but we don’t even look coached. 

Consistency! 

• Haha 1

Can't wait to see the spin on this game in the nest in a few days...

There's no spinning this... Like I said earlier he's got a lot of trust he's got to build back up from the fan base because of his coaching decisions this year. It takes more than high school recruiting to run a college football team.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Never2Yield said:

Find it hard to believe that Freeze and company forgot how to prepare and coach a team, but watching this game (and several others), I'm like WTH!!!

If you go look at his history this is his MO.. lol 

1 minute ago, GreenTiger said:

But kids lives are being changed! 

Yes they are winners before arriving and then Hugh is straight turning them into punchlines  . Then they transfer 

3 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Hopefully Freeze will enter the transfer portal.

Nah he’s wanting to get paid millions by following the Harsin playbook. Recruiting is his specialty and that’s all he has to do to make it look like he’s doing the job. 

Just now, autiger88 said:

I agree but I still think there's no spinning this He's got a lot of ground to make up... I'm happy he's fixing our recruiting in high school football but other than that there has been nothing but disappointment... 

Some will spin it just like the NMSU game