Vandy Wins One

Boonan

Vandy nabbed a 24-20 win over Wake Forrest. I usually don't care too much for Vandy but its always good to put a chink in the ACC is better arguments.

Vandy nabbed a 24-20 win over Wake Forrest. I usually don't care too much for Vandy but its always good to put a chink in the ACC is better arguments.

177563[/snapback]

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

You know, in hindsight, should have seen this one coming. Vandy probably rallied around the terrible murder of their running back Kwane Doster. Good for the Commodores, and a class guy in Bobby Johnson.

I was going nuts throughout the entire USC game watching that score on the bottom line. Everyone I watched the game with (like 12 people) was like "why do you care about Vanderbilt" and they just didn't understand that this is a HUGE win for the SEC. The worst or 2nd worst team in our conference just defeated a mediocre team from the ACC. So how you can say the ACC is better from top-to-bottom than the SEC is complete BULL. But then again, I guess this is another down year for the SEC...

WTG :vandy::thumbsup:

The 'dores would middle of the pack team if they were in the All Criminal Conference.

Condolences sent to CT.

Seems Hair and WF are both over-rated.... :big:

177596[/snapback]

Thanks Dave. We in the DeaconNation are terribly disappointed this AM. Wake lost 6 games last year by a touchdown or less, including 2 OT losses on the road (Clemson & NCSU). With the group coming back, there were high hopes for a surprisingly good campaign this year, and of course, the year is still young...but right now it looks like "welcome to last year".

Unfortunately, the Deacs head to Lincoln next week to face the Huskers....There was actually one pre-season publication that predicted a WFU win. :homer: ?

At any rate, it is a great road win for Vandy and the SEC...and will look even better when Wake finishes 4-4 in the conference!!

Just a little analogy most of you will understand:

Being a Wake fan in the state of NC and the ACC is very much akin to being an Auburn fan in the state of Alabama and the SEC in very many ways....only a different sport is king.

ct

i have some family in wake forest (the town, not winston-salem), and a cousin that goes to wake so part of me feels badly for that team and that fanbase. but more of me is just giddy that the dores got off to a winning start. i mean honestly who sees that coming? on the road of all things too! i'm on the vandy bandwagon with duder and tiger in spain now. bowl bound or bust!

i'm on the vandy bandwagon with duder and tiger in spain now. bowl bound or bust!

177634[/snapback]

That's what I'm talking about!

Vandy! Vandy! Vandy!

dot.jpg

Awesome win... bama's biggest traditional rival beats a middle of the pack ACC team...As long as Vandy can whip Richmond(please don't let any SEC teams lose to non 1-A teams this year, ahem sly croom)) they are gonna boost the SEC conference rating this year..hopefully wake forest will go on to win the rest of its games as well...for the rest of the year a Wake forest win is a win for the SEC...

Archived