Are you excited?

Aubie7

I am always excited about the start of a new football season! However, this year has a different feel to it for me. How can Auburn possibly top last year? What do we fans expect and what will we be satisfied with? Will 8-3 and a win over UAT be ok? Will it take a 10 win season to pacify us? What about 7-4 and a win over UAT?

I guess what I am saying is whatever Auburn does, it won't match last year. Nothing ever will. In all of my life, Auburn has never had a year like the past one, and we still did not get to play for the BCS crown. Don't get me wrong, I do believe we were the best team in the country and I still feel we were National Champions. Will there ever be another year, in my lifetime, like last year? I doubt it. That just they way things go for Auburn.

Wheter it happens or not, one thing will not change: My undying love and devotion to my school and it's football team. I will keep going, keep supporting, and keep believeing!!

War Eagle! Now, lets go swat some bugs!!! :au:

Honestly, that first loss we suffer this year, regardless of who it's to, is going to be heartbreaking! I think we should have at least a 9 win season!

Let's start with beating the hell out ot tech!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE AND WRECK TECH!!!

Wait just a minute there Hoss. :) The AUBURN :au: TIGERS are riding a 15 game winning streak and are defending SEC Champons. I am not ready to give into anyone on the schedule. Let's get to JH EARLY and STAY LATE. :cheer:

Enjoy the ride and support THIS TEAM. They have EARNED it. :au:

Wait just a minute there Hoss. :)   The AUBURN :au: TIGERS are riding a 15 game winning streak and are defending SEC Champons. I am not ready to give into anyone on the schedule. Let's get to JH EARLY and STAY LATE. :cheer:

Enjoy the ride and support THIS TEAM. They have EARNED it. :au:

177625[/snapback]

If you're talking to me, I never once said that I wouldn't support them. I said the first loss will be heartbreaking, which to me means, it will be sad because we haven't lost in so long. However, I will be there the whole time the band plays and the fans cheer regardless if we win or lose!

I love Auburn and our football team and cannot wait to go out there and how my undying love and support!!! Come monday, if you call my office, you'll be able to tell how much I supported them because I won't be able to talk.

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW!!!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE AND WRECK TECH!!!!!

Sorry if I offended. I am just a "Glass half full" kinda' guy and I do not expect a loss. If it comes, it comes. I am just not going to give any quarter to any team on the schedule. I expect Auburn to win. Coach Tuberville has gotten us to that point. Let's enjoy it. Again, I did not intend to rub anyone the wrong way.

WAR EAGLE! :au:

Great points - to me, two of the most heartbreaking losses in AU history were '94 Bama (screw that ref, Sanders had the first down by two yards) and the '95 LSU game where students are apparently allowed to bring whistles and sit in the endzone.

When you're so used to winning, three hours the wrong way is brutal.

AU vs. Tech has become what I'm looking forward to as well. I mean, I am so ready to see my Tigers play too, but you just can't get frustrated with postponement with everything that is going on.

So, war eagle!

WarTim,

You certainly didn't rub me the wrong way; I just didn't want you to think that I wasn't supportive of our Auburn Tigers!!! And, I'm with you, I don't expect us to lose anymore!!!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE AND WRECK TECH!!!!!

What time does the AU GA Tech game start? Sorry if someone already posted that.

Also another question, one of my friends tried to tell me that Jordan-Hare held 96,000. I told him im not totally sure but 96,000 sounded a little inflated to me.....What is the total amount of seating? I was thinking it was more like 88,000 to 90,000 or so.

Guest Tigrinum Major
What time does the AU GA Tech game start? Sorry if someone already posted that.

Also another question, one of my friends tried to tell me that Jordan-Hare held 96,000. I told him im not totally sure but 96,000 sounded a little inflated to me.....What is the total amount of seating? I was thinking it was more like 88,000 to 90,000 or so.

177698[/snapback]

87,451 is the official capacity.

I am always excited about the start of a new football season! However, this year has a different feel to it for me. How can Auburn possibly top last year? What do we fans expect and what will we be satisfied with? Will 8-3 and a win over UAT be ok? Will it take a 10 win season to pacify us? What about 7-4 and a win over UAT?

I guess what I am saying is whatever Auburn does, it won't match last year. Nothing ever will. In all of my life, Auburn has never had a year like the past one, and we still did not get to play for the BCS crown. Don't get me wrong, I do believe we were the best team in the country and I still feel we were National Champions. Will there ever be another year, in my lifetime, like last year? I doubt it. That just they way things go for Auburn.

Wheter it happens or not, one thing will not change: My undying love and devotion to my school and it's football team. I will keep going, keep supporting, and keep believeing!!

War Eagle! Now, lets go swat some bugs!!! :au:

177617[/snapback]

I look at our schedule and see that we have the capability to beat EVERY team on it. Will we? I dont know. But what I am saying is that we could beat any team on our schedule if we played good football.

Until someone proves me otherwise, I expect Auburn to win every game for the fact that no one has proven me wrong for 15 games.

So excited that my flags and magnets are on the car and I get chills just thinking about walking into that stadium heck driving into town. I can't wait to blast my gameday CD and yell until I am hoarse. WAR DAMN EAGLE!! WRECK TECH!!!!

So excited that my flags and magnets are on the car and I get chills just thinking about walking into that stadium heck driving into town.  I can't wait to blast my gameday CD and yell until I am hoarse.  WAR DAMN EAGLE!! WRECK TECH!!!!

177721[/snapback]

Other than my wife, this is the lady I would want to sit with at the game.

Now, where is my @#$% shaker.... :lmao:

Archived