why does auburn always seem to have a divided coaching staff?

On 1/9/2024 at 3:01 PM, aujohnson said:

There were coaching conflicts in Tuberville and Bowden’s stints as well and probably the others surrounding those. I don’t think it’s uncommon it’s just glaring when combined with poor results on the field. 

Exactly. I think the proper question worded slightly differently is  When has Auburn not had a divided coaching staff?

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

I'm not getting the premise of this thread. Assistants not performing as hoped is "divided"? College football head coaches been shuffling & firing assistants for 150 yrs, nothing new here. Move along.

3 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

I'm not getting the premise of this thread. Assistants not performing as hoped is "divided"? College football head coaches been shuffling & firing assistants for 150 yrs, nothing new here. Move along.

i am talking about the infighting backstabbing. i thought that was obvious.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 5:31 PM, aubiefifty said:

this mess started when gus was here. then harsin. now freeze. i am thinking about six years? it started with coaches going behind gus's back to the hars horror show and now this? is this typical for most colleges? i still have hope for the future but i think we are snakebit sometimes. this kind of mess has been going on for too long.

When assistants are being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars up to $2 million, there are lots of egos in a room.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2024 at 5:10 PM, HAPvsOA said:

Exactly. I think the proper question worded slightly differently is  When has Auburn not had a divided coaching staff?

does your nicnammena happy auburn people vs online azzholes?

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 8:21 PM, bigbird said:

The simple answer is typically there are some holdovers as opposed to starting completely over. JMO

Especially due to the lack of time freeze had to assemble his staff 

• Like 1