Jack Smith’s case got stronger over the past month

26 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I don't think we do.

Much - if not most - of the demonstration was violent - a violent attempt to break in and thwart a legal government function. You and a few other cultist idiots are trying to force the ridiculous idea the whole thing was a peaceful protest.  Like most cultists, you would deny what you can see with your own eyes.

Well it wasn’t CNN BLM Antifa peaceful, cars on fire. I saw the video too homer. There was a small percentage of the total group that broke windows and doors, shoved some people around. Definitely should not have done any of that. A large percentage of the group was indeed peacefully walking around not causing any damage or attempting to stop the certification vote. If you think this was a legitimate coup attempt you are insane. No weapons no military no eyes gouged out. It fizzled out as expected and there was never any staying power because it was never intended to have any. 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Well it wasn’t CNN BLM Antifa peaceful, cars on fire. I saw the video too homer. There was a small percentage of the total group that broke windows and doors, shoved some people around. Definitely should not have done any of that. A large percentage of the group was indeed peacefully walking around not causing any damage or attempting to stop the certification vote. If you think this was a legitimate coup attempt you are insane. No weapons no military no eyes gouged out. It fizzled out as expected and there was never any staying power because it was never intended to have any. 

Yeah right.

BLM protestors burned a car while protesting racism.  MAGA's trashed the capitol and injured police in an insurrection designed to commit sedition. (But no fair holding the guilty accountable because some weren't. :-\)

What a mindlessly stupid attempt to defend the later.  You must hate this country. :no:

Edited by homersapien
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

The whole idea was to stop the steal, it was not an all out insurrection.

Insurrection: an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government

You're saying this wouldn't include an attempt to change the outcome of an election?

It got out of hand because the security that day was totally inadequate (peace through strength, it acutally works).   The fact that it didn’t go any further than it did means those rioters were not hell bent on succeeding, just letting their voice be heard.

Ah, yes...again it was the fault of law enforcement.

Question: why did the crowd go to the Capitol in the first place? It's a two-mile walk - not like it's right next door to The Ellipse. 

If they wanted their voices heard, that was the purpose of the rally.

The Dems came up with the narrative that these people wanted an insurrection for political gain.

Moronic.

48 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

If you think this was a legitimate coup attempt you are insane. No weapons no military no eyes gouged out. 

But there were weapons. They may not have had M-16s and RPGs, but there were plenty found with their own knives and batons, and we all saw people using police barriers and shields they'd taken, as well as makeshift clubs and spears. 

As for no military and no eyes gouged out, please show me where those are required to make it a coup? All the injuries the cops did receive don't count?

You keep focusing on the fact it was poorly executed and had no chance to succeed. How does that change things? The attempt was still made. If they had killed a Senator, would that have made the attempt "legitimate?" Watch videos of the attack....you hear people yelling it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Question: why did the crowd go to the Capitol in the first place? It's a two-mile walk - not like it's right next door to The Ellipse. 

If they wanted their voices heard, that was the purpose of the rally.

The breach of the first barriers were before Trump finished his speech.  There were groups at the Capitol before the supposed instigating rhetoric even was spoken.  There were two separate groups, one to hear Trump and one to protest.  I haven’t seen how many rally goers actually went to the Capitol, but I’m sure there were some.

And I wasn’t blaming law enforcement, I was blaming whoever was responsible for the security of the Capitol (Nance Pelosi).

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

But there were weapons. They may not have had M-16s and RPGs, but there were plenty found with their own knives and batons, and we all saw people using police barriers and shields they'd taken, as well as makeshift clubs and spears. 

As for no military and no eyes gouged out, please show me where those are required to make it a coup? All the injuries the cops did receive don't count?

You keep focusing on the fact it was poorly executed and had no chance to succeed. How does that change things? The attempt was still made. If they had killed a Senator, would that have made the attempt "legitimate?" Watch videos of the attack....you hear people yelling it. 

Clubs and spears, knives and batons do not make a coup possible. No attempt was made at a coup. It was a clumsy attempt to get congress’ attention at what they saw as unaddressed election irregularities. Not a coup. You may need to read up to see legitimate coup attempts in other countries. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Clubs and spears, knives and batons do not make a coup possible. No attempt was made at a coup. It was a clumsy attempt to get congress’ attention at what they saw as unaddressed election irregularities. Not a coup. You may need to read up to see legitimate coup attempts in other countries. 

Our President has repeatedly said if you want to fight against America you need something more that a gun.

So, now they are afraid the Capitol was going to be taken over by clubs, spears and knives.   They are a silly group.  Punish the people who participated in the riot and carry on.  It’s been 3 years and they are still hunting down trespassers only because it is Biden’s weapon against his political rival.  He wants to save democracy by eliminating the democratic process.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The breach of the first barriers were before Trump finished his speech.  There were groups at the Capitol before the supposed instigating rhetoric even was spoken.  There were two separate groups, one to hear Trump and one to protest.  I haven’t seen how many rally goers actually went to the Capitol, but I’m sure there were some.

Yes, some of the Proud Boys went over before Trump even started speaking. However, Trump first said something about marching to the Capitol not long after his speech started, and people started to leave for the Capitol before he finished. The majority of the mob didn't arrive until after the speech was over. Is your contention that the Proud Boys told everyone to go, not Trump?

You keep giving these examples of things that happened on the outskirts, and ignore what Trump himself did. You say you don't support him, yet keep absolving him of wrongdoing. 

3 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

"Get Congress' attention"? Lol....are you serious? Yeah, because Congress had no idea about all the ridiculous allegations and failed court cases, right? 

Once again, just because it's not probable doesn't mean the attempt wasn't made. Ineptitude on the part of the insurrectionists is not a defense. 

So, now they are afraid the Capitol was going to be taken over by clubs, spears and knives.   They are a silly group.  Punish the people who participated in the riot and carry on.  It’s been 3 years and they are still hunting down trespassers only because it is Biden’s weapon against his political rival. 

You apparently forget that it was taken over. Why do you think 2,000 idiots were in there? 

I'm sure some inane comment about some of the cops opening the doors is forthcoming.

He wants to save democracy by eliminating the democratic process.

You will vote for a man who literally tried to overturn an election. The accusation is ridiculous to begin with (have Haley or DeSantis been indicted?), but considering you'll support Trump it's a ridiculous level of hypocrisy.

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

Is your contention that the Proud Boys told everyone to go, not Trump?

My contention is things got out of hand and there were people, even the night before advocating to go into the Capitol.  The most prominent and videoed was Ray Epps.  The crowd called him a Fed, which indicates to me not all *MAGA* people that were there planned to go into the Capitol.  Ray Epps was also spotted at the initial breach.

2 hours ago, Leftfield said:

yet keep absolving him of wrongdoing. 

It is not up to me to absolve him of wrongdoings, that is the prosecutionors job.  I do believe the rally turned into a protest that eventually turned into a riot.  Same thing that happened over the *summer of love*, the only difference was it was in DC and delayed certifying the election.

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

You will vote for a man who literally tried to overturn an election. The accusation is ridiculous to begin with (have Haley or DeSantis been indicted?), but considering you'll support Trump it's a ridiculous level of hypocrisy.

There is no hypocrisy, I have said if Trump is the nominee, I would vote for him to get Biden out of the office.  Biden is bad for America.

Pathetic that these two choices seem to be the only ones with a real shot at winning. The country is headed into the Abyss 

20 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yeah right.

BLM protestors burned a car while protesting racism.  MAGA's trashed the capitol and injured police in an insurrection designed to commit sedition. (But no fair holding the guilty accountable because some weren't. :-\)

What a mindlessly stupid attempt to defend the later.  You must hate this country. :no:

BLM burned a lot of cars and cities, businesses, buildings, police vehicles and stations. A tad bit more than “burning a car”. But I don’t expect the truth from you.  Jan 6 caused minor damage to the capitol building and frightened a bunch of apparently unprepared and untrained capitol police (who had turned down offers of additional help). Scared them enough to murder an unarmed woman trying to get in a window or door.  

Guilty people should be held accountable. If only that were true on both sides. Innocent people who peacefully walked around or weren’t even there should not be persecuted. Nobody should be held in the such deplorable conditions for months and years being denied constitutional rights. Dems are guilty of abusing the patriot act to deny constitutional rights. 

You are the mindless one to support this treatment of peaceful protesters. You would really love it if Trump got elected and the FBI showed up at your door to “question” you about all your amateur psychiatry diagnoses and libelous rankings about Trump.  But unfortunately you wouldn’t have to worry because republicans would never abuse the law in that manner.  

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

You don't have to be capable of succeeding for something to be criminal in nature.  You act as though every person that walked into the building is being or has been prosecuted.  That isn't the case. 

The most alarming thing about January 6th is the fact that a sitting U.S. President participated in spreading lies with the intent on those lies being to gin up an angry crowd.  That sitting President demanded that his V.P. ignore his duty under the constitution and refuse to accept the votes of electors from states that he lost.  This was done as part of a plan to substitute those electors with ones of his own, thereby resulting in him retaining his office against the wishes of the American people.  Justify that.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

BLM burned a lot of cars and cities, businesses, buildings, police vehicles and stations. A tad bit more than “burning a car”. But I don’t expect the truth from you.  Jan 6 caused minor damage to the capitol building and frightened a bunch of apparently unprepared and untrained capitol police (who had turned down offers of additional help). Scared them enough to murder an unarmed woman trying to get in a window or door.  

Guilty people should be held accountable. If only that were true on both sides. Innocent people who peacefully walked around or weren’t even there should not be persecuted. Nobody should be held in the such deplorable conditions for months and years being denied constitutional rights. Dems are guilty of abusing the patriot act to deny constitutional rights. 

You are the mindless one to support this treatment of peaceful protesters. You would really love it if Trump got elected and the FBI showed up at your door to “question” you about all your amateur psychiatry diagnoses and libelous rankings about Trump.  But unfortunately you wouldn’t have to worry because republicans would never abuse the law in that manner.  

THIS is riddled with untrue statements.

13 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

There is no hypocrisy, I have said if Trump is the nominee, I would vote for him to get Biden out of the office.  Biden is bad for America.

There is a long list of Republicans that were members of the Trump administration and that have worked closely with him that have warned the country that Trump is unfit to be in that office.  Why will you ignore what they clearly tell us all?

1. Bill Barr - “He is a consummate narcissist. And he constantly engages in reckless conduct. … He will always put his own interests, and gratifying his own ego, ahead of everything else, including the country’s interest.”

2. John Bolton - “I have been in those rooms with him when he met with those [world] leaders, I believe they think he’s a laughing fool.  And the idea that somehow his presence in office would have deterred Putin is flatly wrong … He’s not fit to be president.”

3. General Jame Mattis - “He is more dangerous than anyone could ever imagine.”

4. General John Kelley  Trump is “a person that has no idea what America stands for and has no idea what America is all about … A person who admires autocrats and murderous dictators. A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law.”

5. Mitt Romney - ‘He has none of the qualities you would want in a president, and all of the qualities you wouldn’t.’”

I could list many more, but if you won't listen to these men, you simply won't listen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Scared them enough to murder an unarmed woman trying to get in a window or door.  

The irony in this statement after participating in the gun restrictions thread is hilarious. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

Scared them enough to murder an unarmed woman trying to get in a window or door.

If “unarmed” Antifa or BLM protesters were trying to force their way into the capitol and failed to heed the warnings of an outnumbered police force, you wouldn’t be calling it murder. You’d probably be aroused.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

If “unarmed” Antifa or BLM protesters were trying to force their way into the capitol and failed to heed the warnings of an outnumbered police force, you wouldn’t be calling it murder.

You would be.

Just now, jj3jordan said:

You would be.

No. That’s the difference between you and me. I’m against lawlessness. You’re fine with it when it feeds your prejudices.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

No. That’s the difference between you and me. I’m against lawlessness. You’re fine with it when it feeds your prejudices.

What are you talking about?