Bama's head coach Poll

bishoptf

Very captivating time right now.  Belichick and Saban, 2 eras ending, maybe Belichick to another team (Cowboys?), and a new coach in Tuscaloosa.

I'm sticking with Kiffin to UA, and hoping for the most intriguing Belichick outcome: HC of the Cowboys.  Stranger things have happened.

5 hours ago, bishoptf said:

Ok who do you have as your top pick...here are the the ones and you can write in someone not listed...

Kirby

Dabo

Sark

Lanning

Norvell

Muschamp

Kalen DeBoer

Kitten

Mike Vrabel

DeMeco Ryans

Neon Deion

Pete Carroll

Rivera

Bilicheck

Write in_______________________

Add Prime time Sanders. He and Saban could do new Aflac commercials.

32 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

I don’t want it to be DeBoer, DeMeco Ryan’s, or Lanning.

I would be thrilled if UA had any one of those coaches because they don't understand the UpDyke culture.  Whoever is their next coach will have to show their fanbase that he doesn't bow before them.

• Like 1

I’m borderline shocked that Saban and Byrne didn’t have an ironclad succession plan in place, or at least the timing of Saban’s announcement didn’t allow for a surefire succession plan. I mean, I love it, but I’m very surprised that he just mentally powered off career-wise in the middle of the workday yesterday.

Lanning is not leaving Oregon

Kirby would only leave UGA for a pro gig

Carroll would not drop down to college

Bellichek ditto

Sark - why would he leave Texas?

Deion at Racist U? hahaha

Kiffin has too much baggage and a completely different coaching/recruiting philosophy

Dabo only won when Venables and Elliott were running the show and he can't figure out the portal

Muschamp dried up failure as a HC

Deboer - why would he leave Udub? He'd use Bama interest to bargain for a new contract

Vrabel - a prime hire in the NFL not likely to drop to college

Norvell - Crappy situation at FSU so he'd be happy to leave, low buy out, Southeastern recruiting

Franklin - not on your list, but SEC experience and solid (if unspectacular) performance at Penn State

I would be really thrilled if they were to hire Kiffin or Dabo. Quick decline with either of those guys.

I woukd be nervous if they succeeded in luring Vrabel.

But I think they will end up with Norvell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AURex said:

Lanning is not leaving Oregon

Kirby would only leave UGA for a pro gig

Carroll would not drop down to college

Bellichek ditto

Sark - why would he leave Texas?

Deion at Racist U? hahaha

Kiffin has too much baggage and a completely different coaching/recruiting philosophy

Dabo only won when Venables and Elliott were running the show and he can't figure out the portal

Muschamp dried up failure as a HC

Deboer - why would he leave Udub? He'd use Bama interest to bargain for a new contract

Vrabel - a prime hire in the NFL not likely to drop to college

Norvell - Crappy situation at FSU so he'd be happy to leave, low buy out, Southeastern recruiting

Franklin - not on your list, but SEC experience and solid (if unspectacular) performance at Penn State

I would be really thrilled if they were to hire Kiffin or Dabo. Quick decline with either of those guys.

I woukd be nervous if they succeeded in luring Vrabel.

But I think they will end up with Norvell.

The only thing with Vrabel… scan he recruit? He’s spent most of his career in the NFL.

1 hour ago, AURex said:

I would be shocked (and very pleased) if he turns down UAT.

• Like 1

Oooops! NCAA just dropped big penalties on FSU for recruiting violations. Would Bama want to go with Norvell Now?  I think not.

Is Bama left with Dabo or Kiffin? hahahaha How much fun woukd that be?

• Like 1

Norvell is a Mike !!! Yes please 😎

34 minutes ago, ChiefChewacla said:

Just a plain weird hire to me, but maybe I’m missing something. 

He beat Texas. They didn’t. What more could you ask for?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Viper said:

He beat Texas. They didn’t. What more could you ask for?

I dunno has a ring to it like Harsin, no south contacts, i really do not care since no matter who it is, it's not Saban...how long will it take for him to build up recruiting etc...Bama's path is littered with coaches before saban, hoping to return to those days, lol...:)

• Like 2

DeBoer will take the Michigan job in a couple years after they promote their OC and that turns out to be a terrible decision. DeBoer wins everywhere but he better be ready to recruit like he's never done before. 

Just now, woodford said:

DeBoer will take the Michigan job in a couple years after they promote their OC and that turns out to be a terrible decision. DeBoer wins everywhere but he better be ready to recruit like he's never done before. 

and has never been a strong recruiter AND unless I am missing something has never competed in the SEC....reminds me a lot of Harsin gang, maybe he is a better recruiter and it is Bama so you have the name but got to go through all the High School coaches etc...lot of work..

Just now, bishoptf said:

and has never been a strong recruiter AND unless I am missing something has never competed in the SEC....reminds me a lot of Harsin gang, maybe he is a better recruiter and it is Bama so you have the name but got to go through all the High School coaches etc...lot of work..

He's better than potato man but you have a point. Good luck to him (not really).

• Like 1

Just now, woodford said:

He's better than potato man but you have a point. Good luck to him (not really).

Exactly but like I said I prefer to return to the days before nicky showed up...it was a coaching desert, lol...thats what I am hoping...

• Like 2