JS - Daily Show - Trump not remembering when he was married to Marla Maples

AU9377

I thought so….this is where you get your news.  😞

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Haha 2

Orange must be up in the secret polling.....

I’m glad Jon’s back. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 2/13/2024 at 10:07 AM, I_M4_AU said:

I thought so….this is where you get your news.  😞

Believe it or not people that get their news from Daily Show are better informed than those that watch cable news.

I haven’t watched it since Jon left but if he’s back I’m back too lol. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Believe it or not people that get their news from Daily Show are better informed than those that watch cable news.

I haven’t watched it since Jon left but if he’s back I’m back too lol. 

Well, he does tell you how to think by his facial expressions similar to cable new’s slant.

• Haha 1

On 2/13/2024 at 10:26 AM, AU9377 said:

If you want, just skip to the 4:00 mark.  It is worth the time.

If you're trying to compare Trump's cognitive level to Biden's you should just give up because there is no comparison. Geeze....get real. Biden will get trucked in any debate (if he actually will debate). I'm hoping Biden and Trump's term in office is over. They both suck.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well, he does tell you how to think by his facial expressions similar to cable new’s slant.

He says more with one raised eyebrow than most can get across with a lecture. As the saying goes, politicians tell jokes and comedians tell the truth  

His criticisms are pretty balanced. He didn’t exactly pull his punches on Biden there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

people love to hate on folks but this guy is gold. ask all the first responders who were denied benefits and were getting terribly sick and or dying. jon fought tirelessly for those guys and won. and he kept at it until they finally got help. he has helped vets as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, creed said:

If you're trying to compare Trump's cognitive level to Biden's you should just give up because there is no comparison. Geeze....get real. Biden will get trucked in any debate (if he actually will debate). I'm hoping Biden and Trump's term in office is over. They both suck.

He didn't get trucked last time.  Hurt Trump's feelings or point out his shortcomings and he is like a jilted high school cheerleader. Trump is the candidate that has to date refused to debate anyone.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 9:26 AM, AU9377 said:

If you want, just skip to the 4:00 mark.  It is worth the time.

I enjoyed the entire segment, but I am a fan of comedy. Laughter is good for the soul.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AUDub said:

He didn’t exactly pull his punches on Biden there. 

No kidding. And getting hammered for it.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/jon-stewart-biden-criticizing-white-house-1235824591/

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

He didn't get trucked last time.  Hurt Trump's feelings or point out his shortcomings and he is like a jilted high school cheerleader. Trump is the candidate that has to date refused to debate anyone.

Do you honestly think Biden can handle a debate?

• Like 1

There is actually zero point in having these two eggplants debate.  We've seen this movie already, and there's no reason to think debates would be any more enlightening than they were four years ago.

A rollator race would be more insightful.

12 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Do you honestly think Biden can handle a debate?

Yes.  The only reason you do not is that your sources of information have only painted one picture.  He held his own in the debate in 2019.  I believe the voters deserve to see the two candidates debate.  Make no mistake, I wish that Biden was not the nominee, but this isn't about that and instead is about the candidates we have to choose from.

• Like 3

i have seen articles on yahoo's home page the dems are looking at other candidates as a possible replacement. they are normally fairly straight but i guess we will see.

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Yes.  The only reason you do not is that your sources of information have only painted one picture.  He held his own in the debate in 2019.  I believe the voters deserve to see the two candidates debate.  Make no mistake, I wish that Biden was not the nominee, but this isn't about that and instead is about the candidates we have to choose from.

I dunno man, my sources are watching the man himself speak.

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i have seen articles on yahoo's home page the dems are looking at other candidates as a possible replacement. they are normally fairly straight but i guess we will see.

And it's got me hoping that Fiddy is right with this post.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

He held his own in the debate in 2019. 

5 years is a long time at his age and condition. After last weeks debacle of a press conference there’s no chance his handlers let him take the debate stage. In fact, I predict he’s pretty much limited in public appearances unless he has extensive notes and teleprompters. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Good grief. My sources? I've witnessed the guy for three years. He gets worse every time. I don't need a source, but I can acknowledge the obvious. 

And 2019? Come on man. This isn't 2019 and the difference is night and day.

19 hours ago, AU9377 said:

You must really hate the admittedly very-dimwitted-as-a-whole voting populace. I don't think "deserve" is the correct word here.

10 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Good grief. My sources? I've witnessed the guy for three years. He gets worse every time. I don't need a source, but I can acknowledge the obvious. 

And 2019? Come on man. This isn't 2019 and the difference is night and day.

Yes, he is old.  That does not mean that he is a walking vegetable of some kind.  The narrative gets wildly overblown.

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2024 at 9:24 PM, AUFAN78 said:

He’s right. Did no one take any lessons from 2016? Optics. Matter. 

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Yes, he is old.  That does not mean that he is a walking vegetable of some kind.  The narrative gets wildly overblown.

I agree trump seems better than Biden - but he turns 78 in June. And it won’t get better from there. Stewart’s point was that if we just step back and look at this - it’s beyond crazy that these are the options.

12 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I agree trump seems better than Biden - but he turns 78 in June. And it won’t get better from there. Stewart’s point was that if we just step back and look at this - it’s beyond crazy that these are the options.

I agree.  I believe that negative partisanship has brought this result.  Traditional political reasoning would be for a political party to nominate a candidate that has the most broad appeal to the electorate.  Due to the large number of votes that are now baked into the calculations, the goal posts are moved.  That struggle can be seen in both major parties. 

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I agree.  I believe that negative partisanship has brought this result.  Traditional political reasoning would be for a political party to nominate a candidate that has the most broad appeal to the electorate.  Due to the large number of votes that are now baked into the calculations, the goal posts are moved.  That struggle can be seen in both major parties. 

Can we blame identity politics (the coalition of the oppressed) for this trend?