JS - Daily Show - Trump not remembering when he was married to Marla Maples

AU9377

10 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I agree.  I believe that negative partisanship has brought this result.  Traditional political reasoning would be for a political party to nominate a candidate that has the most broad appeal to the electorate.  Due to the large number of votes that are now baked into the calculations, the goal posts are moved.  That struggle can be seen in both major parties. 

in my opinion 3 major things have happened that got us to this mess 1) as both parties changed - Dems more progressive., GOP more maga, the moderates abandoned the parties (now 50% independents - which had historically kept them less extreme) which accelerated left/right candidate radicalization in the primaries 2) campaign consultants began focusing purely on weaponizing and energizing their bases rather than winning the middle vote -  result: Dems now fixate on green and gop fixates on transgender 3) trump and Biden dynamic - the gop is now far less an ideology than simply trump’s personality (which is why Desantis got smoked). And the Dems are stuck with an aging out president that is structurally almost impossible to replace for  reelection unless he willingly withdraws

• Like 1

Good CHRIST I’ve missed this guy lol 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AUDub said:

Good CHRIST I’ve missed this guy lol 

Me too. I forgot how funny (and spot on) he is. 

PS: Carlson seems to have lost his fricking mind. Which means he may be President one day. 

• Haha 1