Men vs UK Game Thread

2 minutes ago, WinForAuburn said:

Shooting was the key.. And I don't mean contested shots. If you can't as a d1 team make average shots you don't win. We sucked at shooting tonight.. It had nothing to do with KY defense we just sucked at shooting. Period. 

That is what is consistent about Pearl coached Auburn teams.  Bad shooting. Unless its a home game where they over perform. 

Unfortunately, they were probably what they really are tonight.

Go back and watch 

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

We never came within 5 points of taking the lead in the second half. What are you talking about?

Go back and watch that game Auburn lead 58-57 in the second

Just now, e808 said:

Go back and watch 

lol no we did not. 

• Haha 1

Just now, e808 said:

Go back and watch 

I’ll have whatever you’re having lol

• Haha 1

Just a historically bad shooting night. 

19 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

You guys know me , I don’t complain about the zebras, but damn . 

What's funny is KY fans saying they had to beat the refs and Auburn 😆 Like my goodness how can you not see how ticky tack on one end and blatant misses on the other. 

4 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

Aden’s game is outside tho….that’s THE issue.  He’s not a slasher and dormant at the rim.  All seems mental w him currently, at a really bad time. 

Totally. He could be the lightning next year if he can get his shot back. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Just a historically bad shooting night. 

Against a team we really hate losing to, amirite bro? 

lol no we did not. 

Yes we 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol no we did not. 

IMG_2655.jpeg

Just now, AUBwins said:

What's funny is KY fans saying they had to beat the refs and Auburn 😆 Like my goodness how can you not see how ticky tack on one end and blatant misses on the other. 

Literally one of their guys fell down and they called a foul on Broome who didn't touch him

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 1716AU said:

That is what is consistent about Pearl coached Auburn teams.  Bad shooting. Unless its a home game where they over perform. 

Unfortunately, they were probably what they really are tonight.

lol um no. You are letting the last couple of seasons cloud your memory. 

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Bruce has a proven track record with small guards. The high profile bigger guards from high school are coveted by the blue bloods. We still on paper get the best small guards from high school. Pettiford is another one for next year. 

Maybe, but since Harper left town, we've struggled to get offensive production from that position. I hope Pettiford is a change. 

• Like 1

Just now, Randman5000 said:

I'll have to watch his film. But people kept saying that about Aden. Just wait until Aden gets here. I hope you're right

I like Aden then and now, he need to gain weight gain confidence and find his niche and he’ll be ok if he gets out of his own head. Tahaad doesn’t lack for confidence skill or moxie 

Just now, e808 said:

Yes we 

IMG_2655.jpeg

Brother no one is talking about that game. Why would we? This is the Kentucky game thread. Are you lost?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

And stop recruiting under-sized guards. If we aren’t hitting from outside, they’re a non-factor offensively.

Copy and paste this next year. It will apply then too

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Just now, NES said:

I like Aden then and now, he need to gain weight gain confidence and find his niche and he’ll be ok if he gets out of his own head. Tahaad doesn’t lack for confidence skill or moxie 

That's good to hear

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Who were some transfer portal pisses at guard that we missed this past offseason? I don’t remember that at all.

Speaking to the positions he mentioned, not the guard slots. Tyrin Lawrence, Cleveland, Cambridge, etc

• Like 1

Just now, aucom96 said:

Maybe, but since Harper left town, we've struggled to get offensive production from that position. I hope Pettiford is a change. 

Wendell was all sec last year. McCormick was really strong as well in his season as starter. 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Speaking to the positions he mentioned, not the guard slots. Tyrin Lawrence, Cleveland, Cambridge, etc

lol Lawrence can’t shoot for ish from 3. That wasn’t a miss but a blessing. Come on we didn’t go hard after D cam. Been there done that. We may of had a token preliminary call. 

I hope we focus on getting a top 4 seed and making the SEC tourney run.  If things fall into place to win the reg season, great. But need to figure out how to win without JWILL.  Only positive is we still have some regular season to try to figure it out.  We have not won on his off nights all year. 

lol um no. You are letting the last couple of seasons cloud your memory. 

I don''t believe so.  Six of the nine have been not so great, and pretty inconsistent

• Like 1

Wendell was all sec last year. McCormick was really strong as well in his season as starter. 

Not even close. If Coach Cal recruits you at PG ? Answered 

• Like 1

Just now, NES said:

Not even close. If Coach Cal recruits you at PG ? Answered 

Number 1 for the Bammers would be in AU right now but BP didn't think he was worth recruiting.  LOL

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Brother no one is talking about that game. Why would we? This is the Kentucky game thread. Are you lost?

The person who I respond to mentioned Alabama and I gave clarification . What are u responding to because I was talking to someone else. Then u doubled down and said Auburn got no closer than 5. In which u were wrong 

Edited by e808