Men vs UK Game Thread

11 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

Without the “good” JW, gonna be very tough.  Guess we will know more by Monday sometime 

How about going twin posts with Broome and Cardwell? Play big boy basketball with Chad, Jones and Donaldson.

10 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

No leadership in the backcourt.  Got pushed around. Terrible shooting. No go to guys. No alpha males with possible exception of Broome.  That sums it up

I'd throw in Chad in the alpha dog category.

i think Kentucky played a hell of a game and had a lot to do with us looking so bad. we make too many excuses at times and do not give the opponents their due. and i dislike cal but lets just admit they played hard and did something others have not be4en able to do all season. anyhoo i still love my tigers and they still have my full support.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naildawg said:

How about going twin posts with Broome and Cardwell? Play big boy basketball with Chad, Jones and 

I think Cardwell would just muck up the lane for Broome. He has no offensive game other than a lob dunk or two. I guess he could get a few offensive rebounds. But he would foul out every game if he played more than 15 min

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, naildawg said:

How about going twin posts with Broome and Cardwell? Play big boy basketball with Chad, Jones and Donaldson.

i would like to see that.

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i think Kentucky played a hell of a game and had a lot to do with us looking so bad. we make too many excuses at times and do not give the opponents their due. and i dislike cal but lets just admit they played hard and did something others have not be4en able to do all season. anyhoo i still love my tigers and they still have my full support.

Missed too many wide open looks. Nothing really to do with KY. AU defense played well enuf to win

• Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Missed too many wide open looks. Nothing really to do with KY. AU defense played well enuf to win

ok big shooter i will stand in the corner for thirty minutes now since you threw me under the bus.................grins

did anyone else have to change their depends watching the game? i had to twice until the extra gummy kicked in.

just call me the thread killer. people run screaming when i arrive.

We lost the game because of missed open shots. UK won the game because for the first time in 2024 they decided to give 40 minutes of max effort on both ends of the floor.

• Like 5

Just now, tigeraddikt said:

We lost the game because of missed open shots. UK won the game because for the first time in 2024 they decided to give 40 minutes of max effort on both ends of the floor.

still..........kentucky had us so rattled we missed shots and that is part of the game. it is a mental game as well and i stand by my opinion.

i am still miffed someone told a blatant lie about someone and never retracted the statement. and in the same thread he was banging folks for not having reading skills. so you are a liar and a hypocrite. i thought you were a great guy but i was wrong apparently. i might be cray as hell but i always tell the truth and if i screw up i apologize.

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am still miffed someone told a blatant lie about someone and never retracted the statement. and in the same thread he was banging folks for not having reading skills. so you are a liar and a hypocrite. i thought you were a great guy but i was wrong apparently. i might be cray as hell but i always tell the truth and if i screw up i apologize.

Who or what are u talking about.  I guess I missed it

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

i will tell you in private but not here. i hope he does the right thing. i really liked him but i cannot stand a liar. besides the thread might get shut down if i have not started that already.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

In fact several people pointed this out to him and he ignored everyone.

1st post since game ended. 

they just straight up looked better than us. Both ends. I don’t know much about bball but they just looked better in every facet. Shut down our inside game & we couldn’t make shots. They finally decided to play defense at the worst time. O was what I expected but our O against their D was not expected. 

what is y’all’s take? 

3 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

they just straight up looked better than us. Both ends. I don’t know much about bball but they just looked better in every facet. Shut down our inside game & we couldn’t make shots. They finally decided to play defense at the worst time. O was what I expected but our O against their D was not expected. 

what is y’all’s take? 

From watching this season it either all goes well or all goes wrong. I believe Baylor might be the outlier. They played well for the most part but didn’t finish the job done the stretch 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, e808 said:

From watching this season it either all goes well or all goes wrong. I believe Baylor might be the outlier. They played well for the most part but didn’t finish the job done the stretch 

Missing the version of Holloway we had against Baylor 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Missing the version of Holloway we had against Baylor 

Absolutely. Hopefully somehow he gets it back. Yesterday he started to show some frustration after misses. He can help the team in other ways by not turning it over , setting up the offense and getting to the goal.

Edited by e808
Typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

still..........kentucky had us so rattled we missed shots and that is part of the game. it is a mental game as well and i stand by my opinion.

I’m sorry if my post seemed directed at one of your posts. I actually agree with you that UK’s hustle and effort threw us off and had a lot to do with our poor play on the offensive end. They played to their potential and just took it to us last night. Onward and upward!

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Yep, alot of people are just looking at blind numbers, and while we missed hella open 3s, they also effectively took out our PGs. When you got your best shooter (Denver) having to do ball handling duties, no natural playmakers to get others involved, that'll muck up the offense as bad as the lack of shooting will. Not many Cardwell lobs for example, that's something that Tre and Aden would've put an emphasis on if they could've got going. 

Their paint defense was also stellar. We didn't miss all those looks at the rim just because the ball wasn't coming out of the hand the way we wanted. Broome had like 4 straight misses where he had a ton of UKers around him. While you can argue the play Jaylin got hurt on should've been a foul VERY easily, it was also a great contest by their dude 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yep, alot of people are just looking at blind numbers, and while we missed hella open 3s, they also effectively took out our PGs. When you got your best shooter (Denver) having to do ball handling duties, no natural playmakers to get others involved, that'll muck up the offense as bad as the lack of shooting will. Not many Cardwell lobs for example, that's something that Tre and Aden would've put an emphasis on if they could've got going. 

Their paint defense was also stellar. We didn't miss all those looks at the rim just because the ball wasn't coming out of the hand the way we wanted. Broome had like 4 straight misses where he had a ton of UKers around him. While you can argue the play Jaylin got hurt on should've been a foul VERY easily, it was also a great contest by their dude 

Agreee. They were just the better team. Sucks to say but they were 

2 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

what is y’all’s take? 

You touched on all my points

one thing is , they believed in their plan. They executed. 

Kentucky could be the most talented team in America that has not figured out how to play together yet. 

AU is maybe the 3-4 best team in the league.

It’s reality .