Men vs UK Game Thread

6 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

SEC regular championship was always hard knowing our schedule compared to our fellow SEC teams, but this team has what it takes to go far. Who knows what can happen? These losses could be just what we need to come up with a formula that could fuel a deep run. We could be bounced early but we could go far. Let’s just enjoy the ride.

Not with our guards. Our veteran just got hurt too. We'll need favorable matchups but right now our guards are too easy to scout and defend. It's not looking good.

8 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

SEC regular championship was always hard knowing our schedule compared to our fellow SEC teams, but this team has what it takes to go far. Who knows what can happen? These losses could be just what we need to come up with a formula that could fuel a deep run. We could be bounced early but we could go far. Let’s just enjoy the ride.

Respect

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

The team that pulverized South Carolina easily makes the final four. Elite team shooting. The team tonight loses in the first round. The problem is you have to win 4 straight games to make the final four - and tonight’s team (and the team that got hammered by Fla) is always lurking on any given day. Pure Jekyll and Hyde (and you can using tell in the 1st 5 mins of any game which team it is).

Exactly! The way this year’s team feeds on momentum, it seems increasingly likely that if we take a lead at any point in a game, it will show how we will fare in a game. Being up by a good margin, we should win. Being down by a serious margin and if we don’t sniff a lead at all, you could determine how we will do in a game. 

Per Bruce, Williams will have to have something done don’t know what yet.

Team will have Sunday , Tuesday off.

Bruce will be in Birmingham tomorrow for tip off club or something, may attend state playoffs and recruit .

Edited by TigerOne

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Why are game threads where we lose have a lot more comments than when we win? Not a good look.

Posting “that was great” is kind of pointless. There’s only stuff to discuss when things aren’t going well and people want to know why/vent. That’s always been the nature of the internet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Posting “that was great” is kind of pointless. There’s only stuff to discuss when things aren’t going well and people want to know why/vent. That’s always been the nature of the internet. 

Post of the night!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

I just ain't seeing it this year.

You could be right. But this is the same team that spanked some good teams. It’s just a matter of seizing momentum. If we can lead after the first five minutes of a game, it tells a lot about this team’s ability to feast on momentum.

• Like 1

Going in I would have said if that happens then we for sure win. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, AUDynasty said:

You could be right. But this is the same team that spanked some good teams. It’s just a matter of seizing momentum. If we can lead after the first five minutes of a game, it tells a lot about this team’s ability to feast on momentum.

Without the “good” JW, gonna be very tough.  Guess we will know more by Monday sometime 

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

For God’s sake, stop making sense!

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

That is the most sad and depressing way to look at life. Idk about you I love being happy and having fun celebrating a W with my AU brethren. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Going in I would have said if that happens then we for sure win. 

The defense ultimately did the job. If you could ask Bruce if we kept wildcats to 20 points below their average before the game he’ll be all over it. The gameplan was good. We had some great looks. But since we never had momentum or saw a lead, it really does spill over into the team. If we were up like 8 to start game, we’d have shot better. We rely on momentum.

• Like 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

That is the most sad and depressing way to look at life. Idk about you I love being happy and having fun celebrating a W with my AU brethren. 

You’re in the wrong thread, then, numbnuts..

• Haha 1

Just now, abw0004 said:

Any update on Williams?

• Sad 1

Whenever we cut it to 5, we just couldn’t make a stop. 
Uk won this game with intentional fouls, Atrocious officiating, and us shooting freaking 25%. 

it’s all meaningless without JWil. Pitiful. I’m so angry. Please help me. 

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

Uk won this game with intentional fouls, Atrocious officiating, and us shooting freaking 25%. 

Dang Bro. It will be alright.  Just think about  Wed nite. We won by 40!

Edited by NWALA Tiger

The probably was instead of continuing to attack the rim got baited into shooting a three and clanged it every time

I feel you brother. The J will injury is way worse than this loss. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

“There is nothing new under the sun…” ($1 to King Solomon)

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I feel you brother. The J will injury is way worse than this loss. 

As soon as he fell I had an okeke flashback. 

• Sad 1

One could only wish had Scoot Henderson came to Auburn . It seemed that made Bruce have to pivot when he probably thought  Scoot was a lock

Just couldn’t shoot tonight after everything falling Wednesday.  They are just a streaky team.  If they get it going they are unstoppable.  When it goes bad it goes really bad.  Not much in between.  

49 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Aden was a McDonalds All American…. Recruiting has been fine. No one saw Aden hitting this big of a wall in sec play. He is not even doing what he does best which is shooting the 3. It sucks. 

He will probably transfer. Donaldson is far ahead of him in most facets of the game. 

1 minute ago, weagl1 said:

Just couldn’t shoot tonight after everything falling Wednesday.  They are just a streaky team.  If they get it going they are unstoppable.  When it goes bad it goes really bad.  Not much in between.  

Having coached basketball for years, I used to think that you could teach shooting. Now I think it is mostly an inate skill.

• Like 1