Men vs UK Game Thread

13 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Whenever we cut it to 5, we just couldn’t make a stop. 
Uk won this game with intentional fouls, Atrocious officiating, and us shooting freaking 25%. 

it’s all meaningless without JWil. Pitiful. I’m so angry. Please help me. 

Yeah if Jaylin is out, it's a wrap. Like McLemore going out in 2017. The problem is that back then, we were by far the best in conference and we just survived then. Idk how we pass Alabama with 2 games back.  

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah if Jaylin is out, it's a wrap. Like McLemore going out in 2017. The problem is that back then, we were by far the best in conference and we just survived then. Idk how we pass Alabama with 2 games back.  

It seems like the bammers NEVER have any major injuries. Are their strength and conditioning guys just that much better than ours?

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This is way worse than A Mac’s injury. J will is a lot more valuable to this team. 

3 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

It seems like the bammers NEVER have any major injuries. Are their strength and conditioning guys just that much better than ours?

I don’t think it’s that. It just happens sometimes 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, BigSammyK said:

5 years to the day since McLemore broke his leg. Let’s stop playing in February 17…

I remember that.... horrible to watch. 😭. Then the next year he was integral to the Final Four run!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is way worse than A Mac’s injury. J will is a lot more valuable to this team. 

Nah, Anfernee was one of the best defenders that entire year. Dude graded out as an ELITE rim protector and was an elite stretch 5 at a time where that was a novelty. They also played a 8 man rotation that year and were cooked after he was done. Can't agree with this whatsoever 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Nah, Anfernee was one of the best defenders that entire year. Dude graded out as an ELITE rim protector and was an elite stretch 5 at a time where that was a novelty. They also played a 8 man rotation that year and were cooked after he was done. Can't agree with this whatsoever 

We don’t win when J Will

doesn’t play well. He’s by far our second best player. A Mac wasn’t that on that team. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

We don’t win when J Will

doesn’t play well. He’s by far our second best player. A Mac wasn’t that on that team. 

Well, seeing as how they went from being the best team in the SEC to being an invalid after he got hurt...I mean

I absolutely hate it and am gutted for all those kids who camped out for 3 days. That really sucks that all they will probaly remember out of a memorable experience is our crappy showing.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Didn’t watch the game just looked at stats but heard jwill got hurt.

ive been a staunch defender of this team and our away performances.  Can’t justify this loss and the abysmal shooting at home.  Not with the home student crowd doing what they’ve done the last days.

awful loss at the time where we had the opportunity for a statement win.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Well, seeing as how they went from being the best team in the SEC to being an invalid after he got hurt...I mean

Just that curse that keeps on giving. 

9 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

ive been a staunch defender of this team and our away performances.  Can’t justify this loss and the abysmal shooting at home.  Not with the home student crowd doing what they’ve done the last days.

No leadership in the backcourt.  Got pushed around. Terrible shooting. No go to guys. No alpha males with possible exception of Broome.  That sums it up

• Like 2
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I absolutely hate it and am gutted for all those kids who camped out for 3 days. That really sucks that all they will probaly remember out of a memorable experience is our crappy showing.

Our team really let everyone down tonight. Completely s--- the bed vs a mediocre UK team 

Edited by arktiger1975
  • Dislike 1

42 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

Having coached basketball for years, I used to think that you could teach shooting. Now I think it is mostly an inate skill.

You can hone shooting. However, there has to be a special hand eye coordination that goes with shooting. The focus on the basket and the consistent release is something that can only be technically taught at a young age, then God given talent takes over. At the D1 level, the best can do it quicker and more consistently than the rest. We need a couple of those guys.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

Our team really let everyone down tonight.

And yet with some open shots going down which were plentiful we win

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

After tonight, I am as down on Auburn basketball as I have been in quite a while. 

14 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

Our team really let everyone down tonight. Completely s--- the bed vs a mediocre UK team 

Respectfully disagree with mediocre. They have been underperforming. Team is loaded with McDonald’s all Americans. They have size and very athletic.Just wished Auburn had a better night shooting

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

Just now, e808 said:

Respectfully disagree with mediocre. They have been underperforming. Team is loaded with McDonald’s all Americans. Just wished Auburn had a better night shooting

But they are coached by a washed up dinosaur.

12 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

And yet with some open shots going down which were plentiful we win

Just now, arktiger1975 said:

But they are coached by a washed up dinosaur.

U have a point but if they truly get it together could make a decent run in the big dance.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

That is the most sad and depressing way to look at life. Idk about you I love being happy and having fun celebrating a W with my AU brethren. 

You’re taking message boards waaaaay too deeply and the participation here incorrectly. I love AU and am happy when we win. I don’t feel a compulsion to post when we do. I just enjoy it. There’s nothing to process. When we lose it’s different.

Look at it like Yelp or Lyft or Reddit reviews. People will give you 5 ️/nothing and keep it moving if the service was great. It’s when things go bad that they write lengthy posts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fact is, Kentucky just has a lot more talent than Auburn. Auburn is a team made up of discards, neglects, ignoreds, and midgets.

Even with their #1 inside man out for the game, Kentucky still outplayed the entire Auburn team convincingly beginning to end.  There was no question tonight which team had the better players.

And on nights when Auburn cannot find a hot hand among all of the 11 guys who get trotted out there on the floor, it is tough going.

I love my Auburn Tigers. But I am a realist. This team, like so many other CBP Auburn teams, is destined to lose early in the SEC Championship and will not go any further than second round in the NCAA tourney.

I'm not crying or bitching. CBP has brought Auburn to respectability and I love our guys. But this team is not going far in the NCAA.

All of that said, any time you have Jay Bilas on site, you can count on Kentucky bias. He slobbers UKY. It is sickening.

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

You’re taking message boards waaaaay too deeply and the participation here incorrectly. I love AU and am happy when we win. I don’t feel a compulsion to post when we do. I just enjoy it. There’s nothing to process. When we lose it’s different.

Look at it like Yelp or Lyft or Reddit reviews. People will give you 5 ️/nothing and keep it moving if the service was great. It’s when things go bad that they write lengthy posts.

lol you basically are just admitting you only want to post when we lose? I think you are the one doing message boards wrong. What is the fun in that? Sounds miserable.