Men vs UK Game Thread

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

And that has to be used as a positive .

Auburn played well enough to win. Gotta have confidence in making the shots. South Carolina which was a freak show of a game is an example of confidence. Might not admit it but Auburn was intimidated by all the hype and pressure of this game.

1 minute ago, AURex said:

Fact is, Kentucky just has a lot more talent than Auburn. Auburn is a team made up of discards, neglects, ignoreds, and midgets.

Even with their #1 inside man out for the game, Kentucky still outplayed the entire Auburn team convincingly beginning to end.  There was no question tonight which team had the better players.

And on nights when Auburn cannot find a hot hand among all of the 11 guys who get trotted out there on the floor, it is tough going.

I love my Auburn Tigers. But I am a realist. This team, like so many other CBP Auburn teams, is destined to lose early in the SEC Championship and will not go any further than second round in the NCAA tourney.

I'm not crying or bitching. CBP has brought Auburn to respectability and I love our guys. But this team is not going far in the NCAA.

All of that said, any time you have Jay Bilas on site, you can count on Kentucky bias. He slobbers UKY. It is sickening.

Really missed you after the game Wednesday night!!! Your negative ramblings are just always so uplifting and inspiring….. FFS. 🤦‍♂️ 

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Really missed you after the game Wednesday night!!! Your negative ramblings are just always so uplifting and inspiring….. FFS. 🤦‍♂️ 

What do you want me to say? Stuff like -- Everyone played great. Every Auburn guy shot lights out and rebounded like madmen and created lots of turnovers and blocked endless Kentucky shots and made all those Kentucky 5 star athletes look like dorks?

It didn't happen!

I'm sorry if reality is hard for you to bear. This Auburn team is good, but not great. It is not bound to win the SEC Championship or make the NCAA final Four.

If I'm wrong, I'll eat crow here in public on AUFamily.

And frankly, I HOPE I am wrong. I love my Tigers. I would love to see another magical run by Auburn. And if that happens, I will be delighted to eat crow. Raw. Feathers and all.

• Like 4

I disagree when comments are  made that Teams like Florida and LSU are bad . The SEC will be well represented come tourney time. The only teams that are really  crappy IMO are Mizzou and Vandy . The others are all capable of beating u if u don’t handle business 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AURex said:

What do you want me to say? Stuff like -- Everyone played great. Every Auburn guy shot lights out and rebounded like madmen and created lots of turnovers and blocked endless Kentucky shots and made all those Kentucky 5 star athletes look like dorks?

It didn't happen!

I'm sorry if reality is hard for you to bear. This Auburn team is good, but not great. It is not bound to win the SEC Championship or make the NCAA final Four.

If I'm wrong, I'll eat crow here in public on AUFamily.

And frankly, I HOPE I am wrong. I love my Tigers. I would love to see another magical run by Auburn. And if that happens, I will be delighted to eat crow. Raw. Feathers and all.

Just post sunshine and unicorns,  bro.  You know, feel good stuff. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TigerOne said:

Auburn will beat Georgia soundly next Saturday in Athens 

I hope so. I think so. Go Tigers!

As for Tennessee in Knoxville? Well, that's more challenging.

1 minute ago, AURex said:

As expected, Tennessee will have all the hype and pressure on them

I too would like this emotional support dog right about now! I sure could use it!! 😂😂

IMG_7068.jpeg

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Auburn will beat Georgia soundly next Saturday in Athens 

I don’t think any game going forward we will feel good about without J Will.

59 minutes ago, e808 said:

Respectfully disagree with mediocre. They have been underperforming. Team is loaded with McDonald’s all Americans. They have size and very athletic.Just wished Auburn had a better night shooting

As I understand, that center they have in now has just now started cooking. They're also still trying to implement that Big Z dude, who showed alot of promise in his first game and has been in and out since then. They got arguably the two best freshmen in the game coming off the bench too. It's a fact that we lost to a woefully underperforming UK team that everyone thought we would beat, but there's a reason this team was gassed considerably coming into the season

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AURex said:

In all honesty, I think that's a butt kicking and that our SEC reg szn hopes are already dashed, but if there was any piece of hope, they play a more grind it out and ugly game, which I would think we work against better than the dynamic teams with supposedly not much defense. Then again, I also believe Tenn can play different styles, and it's not like they don't have some really talented offensive players themselves. Not to mention the defensive end...if Aden and Tre couldn't really create separation against these dudes or A&M, it's going to be hell to pay against Zeigler and co 

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

As I understand, that center they have in now has just now started cooking. They're also still trying to implement that Big Z dude, who showed alot of promise in his first game and has been in and out since then. They got arguably the two best freshmen in the game coming off the bench too. It's a fact that we lost to a woefully underperforming UK team that everyone thought we would beat, but there's a reason this team was gassed considerably coming into the season

They at worst have 2 lottery picks on their team. And DJ Wagner was a consensus top 5 player in the country in the high school rankings last year. Add in Antonio Reeves who is a really good college player plus the potential of those other guys you mentioned? They def have the talent and can beat anyone on any given night. This game wasn’t about kentucky. This was about our futility. I really hope the media doesn’t try to spin a narrative that Kentucky’s defense is finally coming around. Because that wasn’t the case at all. 

IMG_7069.png

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

In all honesty, I think that's a butt kicking and that our SEC reg szn hopes are already dashed, but if there was any piece of hope, they play a more grind it out and ugly game, which I would think we work against better than the dynamic teams with supposedly not much defense. Then again, I also believe Tenn can play different styles, and it's not like they don't have some really talented offensive players themselves. Not to mention the defensive end...if Aden and Tre couldn't really create separation against these dudes or A&M, it's going to be hell to pay against Zeigler and co 

If we have any fans who goes in to Tennessee thinking it will be close or that we actually will win? They are doing a major disservice to themselves because that will be an absolute thrashing. It’s better to accept it already and it won’t hurt as much. Without J Will I will just be thrilled and happy to win an ugly game at Georgia. 

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If we have any fans who goes in to Tennessee thinking it will be close or that we actually will win? They are doing a major disservice to themselves because that will be an absolute thrashing. It’s better to accept it already and it won’t hurt as much. Without J Will I will just be thrilled and happy to win an ugly game at Georgia. 

I don't think Jaylin would've had much of an impact in that one tbh. There's matchups he does and doesn't win and that one wouldn't have been one of them. 

But yeah in terms of the games this season that were losses I circled early on, as soon as Aden started this cold stretch and Jaylin began his sort of jekyll and hyde routine in conference play, the Tenn one was an immediate L. 

Disappointed doesnt even begin to describe this game. Ripped my heart out and if you asked my family they would tell you I wouldn't watch the game today. I had a seriously bad feeling about this game. Wow, blew it at home to UK.

If you have trouble giving your A Game against UK, then I have no words for you.

I have a feeling we will be one and done in March Madness...

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Disappointed doesnt even begin to describe this game. Ripped my heart out and if you asked my family they would tell you I wouldn't watch the game today. I had a seriously bad feeling about this game. Wow, blew it at home to UK.

If you have trouble giving your A Game against UK, then I have no words for you.

I have a feeling we will be one and done in March Madness...

Don’t think we had a problem at all getting up for Kentucky. Effort was not the problem. Offensive execution was. It was our worst offensive home game in 8 years by the numbers.  Our start we were to juiced up and had some turnovers that they scored off of.

what do we see in all these big games? Home teams getting off to hot starts and riding that to the finish line. We overwhelm teams at home. We engulfed South Carolina and everyone else we have played at home until now. But Kentucky is one of those teams who will never wilt under playing in a tough environment usually. They are used to getting every crowds best shot. They have been close all season to getting a big road win and unfortunately they broke through vs us today. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol you basically are just admitting you only want to post when we lose? I think you are the one doing message boards wrong. What is the fun in that? Sounds miserable. 

Not really. But whatever you want to think boss.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol you basically are just admitting you only want to post when we lose? I think you are the one doing message boards wrong. What is the fun in that? Sounds miserable. 

Some of us are cut from that mold of "you don't get extra credit for doing what you're supposed to do, but you will get criticized for under-performing."  Happens every day in the working world.

It's not that we're not pleased with someone doing a good job, we just don't participate in the constant rewarding for meeting expectations. That's why Neville fills up. Do you think everyone is there to watch under-performing employees?  Also, that's what the team is getting paid to do....perform well.

Nothing wrong with over-the-top positive folks; there's a place for them.  But this is the real world, and it's full of folks who can both take criticism well, and give it, and therein lies the difference. 

The ironic part? The positive crowd is the unhappy one today. The rest have lives beyond a sporting event when it's over.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Don’t think we had a problem at all getting up for Kentucky. Effort was not the problem. Offensive execution was. It was our worst offensive home game in 8 years by the numbers.  Our start we were to juiced up and had some turnovers that they scored off of.

what do we see in all these big games? Home teams getting off to hot starts and riding that to the finish line. We overwhelm teams at home. We engulfed South Carolina and everyone else we have played at home until now. But Kentucky is one of those teams who will never wilt under playing in a tough environment usually. They are used to getting every crowds best shot. They have been close all season to getting a big road win and unfortunately they broke through vs us today. 

Like I said earlier, that's what true Blue Blood programs do. One day, maybe we will  get there. 

• Like 1

Wow. Very interesting take . 

9 hours ago, AURex said:

I’m not sold on a win in Athens, especially if Jaylin is done for the year. 

Teams getting their season-defining win against us is the problem for this year.

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Like I said earlier, that's what true Blue Blood programs do. One day, maybe we will  get there. 

Ditto. The true winners win these games regularly. They don't get flamed at home by an arch-nemesis. If you cant bring your A Game for UK, you need to go home. I cannot express how disappointed I am with this team today. AT HOME AND PLAYED TRULY HEARTLESS BALL.

• Like 1