Aubiefifty

bigbird

Prayers for your continued healing @aubiefifty Remember, you have Aubie in your name so stay strong and live up to the brand. You got this!

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

this morning i woke up with less severe pain. it barely hurt getting up out of bed this morning. that and i felt an itch which is a great! i still remain awed by all who were worried about mt. it is just another reason i love this site so much!

Glad you’re feeling the AU love this morning, Fifty. Keep healing and be better soon. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

this morning i woke up with less severe pain. it barely hurt getting up out of bed this morning. that and i felt an itch which is a great! i still remain awed by all who were worried about mt. it is just another reason i love this site so much!

Great to see you’re doing well, brother!

• Love 1

10 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Great news bud!

• Love 1

Great news that you’ve had less pain.  Next thing you know, you’ll be running circles around the hospital.  I assume you are still there.  😊

• Love 1

So happy that your surgery went well and your recovery sounds like it's going good too. How did you feel yesterday and this morning? Are you back home now? 

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

So happy that your surgery went well and your recovery sounds like it's going good too. How did you feel yesterday and this morning? Are you back home now? 

yes i am. i think i get stitches removed friday. i only spent one night at the hospital, they originally intended for there to be three small incisions. well he could not get the tumor and the kidney out. the doc literally told me he had to cut a lot more to get two hands in my stomach to get the dang thing out. i have a foot and a half bandage on my stomach and i can only imagine how big it is. but i am almost done!

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

yes i am. i think i get stitches removed friday. i only spent one night at the hospital, they originally intended for there to be three small incisions. well he could not get the tumor and the kidney out. the doc literally told me he had to cut a lot more to get two hands in my stomach to get the dang thing out. i have a foot and a half bandage on my stomach and i can only imagine how big it is. but i am almost done!

So glad you are feeling better. Those abdomen surgeries are rough. Had mine back in 2014.

• Like 1

ok i screwed up. i go the 14th to get stitches removed.

22 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

ok i screwed up. i go the 14th to get stitches removed.

I'm so glad to hear you're on the mend '50.  

Keep moving, get up and walk around the house every half-hour during the day then slowly progress to walking outdoors.  It takes time to build up your strength and energy, walking is the best thing for the healing process.  Not only does it clear your mind in a therapeutic way, but it also promotes the circulation needed for blood flow to heal internally. 

Please know a lot of folks on here have prayed for you and we're cheering for you to get back to your crazy old self.  😉

• Love 1

On 3/2/2024 at 8:34 AM, aubiefifty said:

So glad you're doing better! I totally missed this - my dad has been in the hospital for about a week and a half now because he had to have emergency back surgery to relieve a spinal epidural abscess and reverse some pretty severe septicemia. Long recovery ahead, but I think we all know that there ain't nobody tougher than an Auburn fan. We know how good life can be, and we know what misery is, so we're prepared to kick anythings butt. (I also used "how do we feel about Harsin" as a neuro check for awareness and his answer was a very derisive "potato head." The nurse was... confused.)

Here's to swift recovery and long health! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 3/4/2024 at 9:14 AM, aubiefifty said:

You must really be doing well. I'm amazed you stayed only one night in the hospital. They kept me for 3 days and my procedure was laparoscopic and only a partial resection. Hospital beds must be at a premium. Did they place and remove a drain from your abdomen before you left the hospital?  You may expect to be overly tired for a few weeks, at least I was for about 6 weeks post surgery, but I was 71 at the time of my surgery. Best wishes for your continued recovery.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

You must really be doing well. I'm amazed you stayed only one night in the hospital. They kept me for 3 days and my procedure was laparoscopic and only a partial resection. Hospital beds must be at a premium. Did they place and remove a drain from your abdomen before you left the hospital?  You may expect to be overly tired for a few weeks, at least I was for about 6 weeks post surgery, but I was 71 at the time of my surgery. Best wishes for your continued recovery.

to be honest i feel like they gutted me like a fish. i also went through a post op depression with threw me for a loop. an incision was made larger so my DR could get both hands inside me to remove my kidney. in hindsight i guess i should be glad it was  not a hemorrhoid op right? grins  .......  i am on the mend. i am grateful it was not worse than it was. and i truly am humbled by all the concern and love shown. i will be back with my bad jokes and crazy talk soon. when i get better you and i can go dress shopping but make sure you let me know if one makes my butt look too big.  manly hugs.............

On 3/2/2024 at 8:58 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

Great news that you’ve had less pain.  Next thing you know, you’ll be running circles around the hospital.  I assume you are still there.  😊

they only kept me overnight 3rd. they had the gall to say i talked too much....................smiles

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

to be honest i feel like they gutted me like a fish. i also went through a post op depression with threw me for a loop. an incision was made larger so my DR could get both hands inside me to remove my kidney. in hindsight i guess i should be glad it was  not a hemorrhoid op right? grins  .......  i am on the mend. i am grateful it was not worse than it was. and i truly am humbled by all the concern and love shown. i will be back with my bad jokes and crazy talk soon. when i get better you and i can go dress shopping but make sure you let me know if one makes my butt look too big.  manly hugs.............

Well, I'm a guy or at least I was one until I began taking the meds my doc put me on to shrink my prostate. Some of the side effects of these meds almost certainly will qualify me to start looking at dresses with you soon.

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

Well, I'm a guy or at least I was one until I began taking the meds my doc put me on to shrink my prostate. Some of the side effects of these meds almost certainly will qualify me to start looking at dresses with you soon.

i like to try shock humor TT. my intention is to put a smile on someones face every single day. so take most things  i say  with a grain of salt. i hope you get to feeling better.

Update!. i have 35 Staples on my belly. i have never had staples but i assume they are bigger than stitches but it is just a guess. i told my guy if it hurt i was coming in drunk and said great then we both will be! man i laughed so hard.........anyway pity party tonight at seven central.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Update!. i have 35 Staples on my belly. i have never had staples but i assume they are bigger than stitches but it is just a guess. i told my guy if it hurt i was coming in drunk and said great then we both will be! man i laughed so hard.........anyway pity party tonight at seven central.

I guess when you get the staples out you can start your core exercises.  Let us know how that goes. :poke:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I guess when you get the staples out you can start your core exercises.  Let us know how that goes. :poke:

the only thing i exercise is my mouth but you already knew that..........lol

• Haha 1

Hey fifty I lust became a minor member of your club. I had to have a large stone removed from mt bladder. Got it done by robotic surgery  ay East Alabama Medical Center. The stone was too big to pass so they had to break it up. It wasn't too bad and all is well now.

Hope you are ok.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Hey fifty I lust became a minor member of your club. I had to have a large stone removed from mt bladder. Got it done by robotic surgery  ay East Alabama Medical Center. The stone was too big to pass so they had to break it up. It wasn't too bad and all is well now.

Hope you are ok.

yes i am. i am glad you lust after me bro.......grins. in seriousness i get my thirtyfive staples removed in the morning the 14th at ninethirty. i hope it dies not hurt much but i am so ready to get these things out i do not care. then i will be back to normal i hope. thank you for checking up and i am glad you are ok. i have not seen mr moms ina while and i am worried to be honest. i hope he is ok.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

yes i am. i am glad you lust after me bro.......grins. in seriousness i get my thirtyfive staples removed in the morning the 14th at ninethirty. i hope it dies not hurt much but i am so ready to get these things out i do not care. then i will be back to normal i hope. thank you for checking up and i am glad you are ok. i have not seen mr moms ina while and i am worried to be honest. i hope he is ok.

Best wishes for you tomorrow. Good news that the staples are coming out. I enjoyed your story about you and your Mom and the miniatures entering JHS and the effects. Glad you have fond memories of AU games and your Mom. Must have had a great Dad (step Dad).