Aubiefifty

bigbird

14 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

hey folks i am back and sore as hell.the dr had to use two hands to remove  my bad kidney so i have a huge  cut place on my stomach. i will be back as soon as i can. i am hurting more than i thought i would but i had a great staff. and i am so moved over everyones concern. i will be back as soon as i can.

It's great to hear from you, @aubiefifty.   Our first concern is your health and well-being.  Please take whatever time you need to heal and feel better before you feel compelled to post here.  I'm sorry your surgery was rougher than perhaps you were expecting and will continue to keep you in my prayers.  Sending best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.  Take care of yourself!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

19 minutes ago, Golden Eagle said:

It's great to hear from you, @aubiefifty.   Our first concern is your health and well-being.  Please take whatever time you need to heal and feel better before you feel compelled to post here.  I'm sorry your surgery was rougher than perhaps you were expecting and will continue to keep you in my prayers.  Sending best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.  Take care of yourself!!!

^^^^^^This

• Love 1

Most important thing is to make yourself walk. You aren't going to want to move because of the catheter. 

Also try to make yourself eat. And rest. Make yourself walk 2 to 3 times a day though. 

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Hey man  good to hear from you Sorry the pain was a little more for but the fact you checked in with us is great.  Cole was dead on with hi advice.  Do all you can to relax and let your body.  Take care 

• Love 1

I’m in tears reading your post, fifty.  I must have checked this site 15 times today because I am a worry wart. Now that we know you are alive and kicking, we need you to rest and get better.  😁 Enjoy those painkillers and go back to sleep!

• Love 2

Quit whining about being a little sore and post some good articles in the morning. Coffee is usually ready around 5:30…no later than 6:00. 

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Quit whining about being a little sore and post some good articles in the morning. Coffee is usually ready around 5:30…no later than 6:00. 

They’ll keep him up all night.  He’ll have plenty of chances to post! Poor guy! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

They’ll keep him up all night.  He’ll have plenty of chances to post! Poor guy! 

You are right. No rest in a hospital. When you are about to sleep time for vitals check or meds. Also think hospitals are the only kitchen that serves Salisbury steak.

• Like 1

Fifty, when they pull the catheter, you'll have a new appreciation for the Toby Keith song "I'm so happy I can't stop crying". It will give you something to look forward to. You are probably going home.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

hey folks i am back and sore as hell.the dr had to use two hands to remove  my bad kidney 

Using two hands was a good decision. As long as he maintained possession and made a medical move, then the surgery counts as a completion. 
:big:

War Eagle Fifty, get better soon. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

hey folks i am back and sore as hell.the dr had to use two hands to remove  my bad kidney so i have a huge  cut place on my stomach. i will be back as soon as i can. i am hurting more than i thought i would but i had a great staff. and i am so moved over everyones concern. i will be back as soon as i can.

Glad everything was a success, and you're back with us. Don't rush the recovery. 

I'm sure we didn't have the exact same stuff as I was born with one kidney and had to have a tumor removed from the one kidney that I do have so I had to stay in the hospital for a long time and I hope you don't but

Don't try to be tough and not take your pain meds. I did that and for the first week I learned that I was just putting more pressure on my body dealing with high pain levels. 

I also had to have a particular catheter but if you are dealing with anything like I did I just want to reemphasize to make yourself get up and walk even though it hurts so bad. You need to let your blood circulate and you don't want to risk any blood clots. Drink a bunch of water. And when you leave don't take ibuprofen use aspirin. 

And force yourself to eat. Hopefully you have someone that can bring you chick fil a and maybe some Milos burgers. And hopefully you have some good nurses as well.

Everything gets better pretty rapidly, especially when the catheter comes out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Glad everything went well, rest up

16 hours ago, cole256 said:

Most important thing is to make yourself walk. You aren't going to want to move because of the catheter. 

Also try to make yourself eat. And rest. Make yourself walk 2 to 3 times a day though. 

This x 1000

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i will be back as soon as i can.

waiting-still.gif

• Haha 1

Thinking about you and praying for a speedy recovery Brother Fidy. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

Fifty, when they pull the catheter, you'll have a new appreciation for the Toby Keith song "I'm so happy I can't stop crying". It will give you something to look forward to. You are probably going home.

i made the whole team swear they would not tell anyone i am hung like a squirrel .............grins they made such a huge play i have wonderful pain meds. i would be hurting if i did not. coughing or sneezing brings the pain.the third day is the worst they say so if i can get past that i think i will be gold.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i made the whole team swear they would not tell anyone i am hung like a squirrel .............grins they made such a huge play i have wonderful pain meds. i would be hurting if i did not. coughing or sneezing brings the pain.the third day is the worst they say so if i can get past that i think i will be gold.

Your docs will make sure you have your running water going before you go home. I've had two catheters. In one case I could not get mine restarted post-removal and they gave me meds to help. In the other case, I guess the catheter roto-rooted out my urinary tract and the water flowed better than ever. I'll hope you benefit from the latter. Good luck. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 2/27/2024 at 3:48 PM, TuscaloosaTiger said:

I had a malignant tumor successfully removed laparoscopically from my left kidney last March. I can assure you that Fifty has had better days and will be in pain for a few. The catheter is the worst. I wish him well for a prompt and successful recovery.

Sorry, looks like I mis-pronouned you above. Please do not cancel me. 

• Love 1

Good to see you on the mend.  Take orders and drink a lot to water.  Good to see you back.

Did you walk around this morning? 50 get your ass up and walk around the entire floor! Don't have to be fast but we have to do it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/28/2024 at 4:21 PM, aubiefifty said:

Oh my goodness Fifty I just saw this!  I hope you are recovering well and have someone spoiling you!  

• Love 1