bama told Eli no thanks 😳

PigskinPat

Regardless of how you feel about him, I cannot believe they showed Eli Gold the door. Does anyone know what’s going on? Is Katelyn bringing in his own announcer?

Typical uat. 

damn they have little loyalty. that man breathes bama...........

56 minutes ago, woodford said:

He’s a great play by play guy with a wonderful voice. 

Better than Andy IMO

:: ducks ::

you like to live dangerously or you are a dang spy. which is it?

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Better than Andy IMO

He had a certain knack for making a 2 yard gain sound like a top 10 play of the week. 

• Like 3

I don’t care for him and his play by play but Alabama should have let him decide when to hang up the headphones.  He sounds a little salty in the articles I read.  

• Like 3

Bama did the same thing when Bear Bryant retired - they fired their current long-time play-by-play guy who had been there since Bryant.

3 hours ago, woodford said:

Better than Andy IMO

I like Eli as a person. I've always said that as a play by play guy, if you just tune in for the score, you can listen for an eternity to find out non essentials like the score, down and distance, or what quarter it is. He is the voice of uat football, and an iconic personality. But he's not better at it than anyone in the SEC that I've heard. He did do a great job with NASCAR, IMO.

• Like 1

Talking about throwing Bama fans for a loop. Their god, Saban is gone and now their voice is gone.  Nothing’s going to be the same.  Harsh reality.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Harsh reality.

Or is it Harsin reality….hmmmmm

• Haha 2

He was always great in describing the uniforms 😁
Seriously though I was shocked by this.  Eli had been there for a long time and whether you love or hate Bama Eli was the voice of Bama and from all the Bama fans I know young and old still liked him.  Seems strange to me.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2024 at 7:45 PM, NCAubs said:

I don’t care for him and his play by play but Alabama should have let him decide when to hang up the headphones.  He sounds a little salty in the articles I read.  

I have no idea if true, but I heard after he had to take a season off to do cancer treatment, Learfield Sports/uat told him he had the option to leave on his own. 

He came back to call only home games last season, Eli decided he wanted 10 more years behind the mic.  Learfield Sports told him that wasn't an option.  :dunno:

On 2/21/2024 at 10:44 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

Talking about throwing Bama fans for a loop. Their god, Saban is gone and now their voice is gone.  Nothing’s going to be the same.  Harsh reality.  

Well saban ain’t gone, and maybe he ordered it.