Men Vs Mizzou Game Thread

1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

I’m fairly certain King is wrong. I believe the second tiebreaker is winning percentage against 1, against 2, etc. If that’s the case, UTk losses won’t matter. Both have a .000 winning percentage. Same winning percentage against USCe and UK. Bama’s win over UF would give them the tiebreaker. 

The SEC website says record not percentage against the number one seed and then proceeds down the standings.  It is not clear.  Regardless, it’s messed up.  If there is a three way tie, it goes to record against the tied teams which also is confusing.  

We just need to win and let it work itself out.  

• Like 2

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did we just move up with usc loss?

Dang!  I missed it.  Expected it Wed.

But in hindsight , I'm glad I did considering how late it went (on Eastern time).

Enjoyed the highlights though.

Edited by homersapien

19 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Did we just move up with usc loss?

I think the way it works is USC moved down to our level. The SEC tournament seeding is liable to be a mess at the end.

Auburn just needs to take care of business Saturday. Being part of the scrum at the 2-spot is a lot better than being left behind the bunch-up.

Damm, Tennessee is playing tough ball right now, and Kentucky is peaking (as we could anticipate) as tournament time arrives.

• Like 1

Time to chip in

I thought Mizzou played bout well as could on Sr night at home, to no avail .

Au took care of things. They need to clean it up, less turn overs, still need better guard play, and to stop silly fouls . But still they took care of business.

They still have not peaked, so good thing . Best basketball can still lie ahead if they chose to come together .

Hopefully that starts against Georgia Saturday when our 4-5 Srs get hit full in the face that this is it  . This is MY chance  . 

I was really looking forward to watching this game based on the score but when i went to watch the replay....gross. Another game that was completed disjointed due to refs calling touchy fouls everywhere. I think a lot of the fouls were legitimate and all on KD were certainly correct. He has to be smarter and understand how the game is being called. Just not smart basketball on his part. But man....all the reviews and fouls. Even AU playing like world beaters couldn't hold my attention. They may be the second or 3rd game we've set records for foul shots this season