Time for decent Republican voters to start a new party

Decent Democrats need to do the same. Preferably before November of 2024.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Decent Democrats need to do the same. Preferably before November of 2024.

Doubt disaffected Dems start a new party in the next few months.

6 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Doubt disaffected Dems start a new party in the next few months.

Pubbies won't either, so why post such nonsense? The only thing worse than another Trump presidency is another Biden presidency. America should be ashamed. Why can't we do better than these two galoots?

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Pubbies won't either, so why post such nonsense? The only thing worse than another Trump presidency is another Biden presidency. America should be ashamed. Why can't we do better than these two galoots?

I think there are minimally 3 basic parties today: progressive (Bernie, AOC, ect), populist (Trump, mtg, ect), and moderate - left and right of center (manchin, Haley, ect). The terms democrat and republican died as few years back and we didn’t see the email.  The 2 party system is no longer close to accurate and half the country no longer has a party which represents them.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

I posted it because it’s from a former Tea Party Republican Congressman and points out a possible path for a governing centrist party. Nikki, Liz and many others aren’t happy with either party and Manchin & Sinema aren’t either. Larry Hogan, Chris Sununu and Chris Christie can’t get nominated in the current party and might be open to it.

7 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I posted it because it’s from a former Tea Party Republican Congressman and points out a possible path for a governing centrist party. Nikki, Liz and many others aren’t happy with either party and Manchin & Sinema aren’t either. Larry Hogan, Chris Sununu and Chris Christie can’t get nominated in the current party and might be open to it.

I'd vote for a viable third party candidate if the choice is Trump or Biden. Sadly, said candidate is not on the horizon. Trump is the better of two bad candidates.

7 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I think there are minimally 3 basic parties today: progressive (Bernie, AOC, ect), populist (Trump, mtg, ect), and moderate - left and right of center (manchin, Haley, ect). The terms democrat and republican died as few years back and we didn’t see the email.  The 2 party system is no longer close to accurate and half the country no longer has a party which represents them.

That didn't just start. For decades we've had to choose between candidates we really don't want. It's been "Pick the lesser of two evils" for a long time now. America, the greatest nation on earth, comes up giving we citizens a choice between Trump and Biden. It's astonishing and disgraceful. We must be the world's laughing stock.

I'll be interested to see who they end up putting out there as a candidate, and they need to get it right.  I don't think they can run someone that is an unknown. It's a totally different landscape to navigate compared to pre-social media 1992.  It was about now in 1992 that Ross Perot started showing up on the radar.  The environment right now is ripe for the picking for an alternative to the decrepit duo.

• Like 1

I would love to have a legitimate third party in America. But I believe with our electoral college system as opposed to popular vote it would be largely ineffective as far as electability goes. 

• Like 2

Any third party run at this point will not be about winning but about trying to influence the winner of the election.

• Like 1

Joe Walsh in the OP got it exactly right.  A Biden victory would be a long term blessing for the "GOP".

• Like 1

On 3/7/2024 at 12:10 AM, auburnatl1 said:

Who is "ect" and why is they/them in all three parties?

48 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Who is "ect" and why is they/them in all three parties?

? Just giving quick representative example types.