NCAA Tournament Thread (Non-Auburn Games)

Looks like Bama is going to the Final 4.  And has matched/surpassed us in accomplishments the past few years.  Their guard play is phenomenal compared to ours.

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

They kept showing my young niece and nephew in the stands during last game. Moments like that are so cool.

It’s official. You get to choose AU’s next PG. 

Sears with what seems like 10 clutch threes!

Find us another one of him!

• Like 1

Sears is a monster man. That being said, they won this one bc of Pringle down the stretch. Important to mention that Sears's screen management and the gravity that creates allows Pringle to get some easy looks, but dude was a monster around the rim. 

17 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I just looked up Nate Oats coaching career and he has NEVER been in the south until he took this Alabama job. Born in Wisconsin, coached high school ball in Wisconsin and then coached a very small college in Wisconsin and then went to coach Buffalo when Bobby Hurley left. Then Alabama hired him. That's his whole career!!

Strange how he's never been in the south but then comes here and recruits well and has won alot of games. Now they've hired Kalen DeBoer in football and he's never been in the south either. If he does well at Bama then maybe it isn't so much where the person is from but more about how well the athletics department is ran. After Harsin bombed, all I've heard is that a coach that's never been in the south will never win. Could it possibly be that our athletics department isn't ran as well as Alabama's is? I mean, Brian Kelly has done fine at LSU and he's never been in the south that I know of. 

Saban is from West Virginia..................

13 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Looks like Bama is going to the Final 4.  And has matched/surpassed us in accomplishments the past few years.  Their guard play is phenomenal compared to ours.

Auburn has become an afterthought. Strange how after getting that big contract Bruce has been coasting. Sec Champs ok , is it really that big a deal in the National picture. Obviously not.

Bruce has failed the big picture. While he is better than average, so are a lot of coaches and they are still playing.

watch uat be national champs, They will be the popular pick

Edited by TigerOne
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

lol this is like a sick joke. Bama in the final 4 lol. Like, what? 

UCONN will pound us but glad to get there.

A lot better poise, a lot better plan, a lot better shooters and face it, a lot better coach overall in Oates.    As much of a jerk as he is, he has the winning formula.  High energy, disruptive play with great scorers on the roster.  They won’t beat UConn but this run has made a statement. 

2 hours ago, fishepa said:

UCOnn is like the AU team with Jabari and Kessler except they have excellent guard play. 

Well Clingan is Kessler-esque, I'll definitely give you that. That's at least how I've viewed him

And like Kessler against Miami, Clingan is going against what will be his toughest matchup systematically. We'll see how well he moves on the perimeter when defending those Sears-Grant Nelson screens

4 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

UCONN will pound us but glad to get there.

You all deserve it. Easiest path to the final four ever. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

A lot better poise, a lot better plan, a lot better shooters and face it, a lot better coach overall in Oates.    As much of a jerk as he is, he has the winning formula.  High energy, disruptive play with great scorers on the roster.  They won’t beat UConn but this run has made a statement. 

Same thing said about us in 2019. Oats is a %^*+ but at alabama it seems to work out. 

2 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

I wouldn’t be so sure. Has UConn been tested ? Uat knows they can win and they don’t play stupid undisciplined ball like Auburn 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I just looked up Nate Oats coaching career and he has NEVER been in the south until he took this Alabama job. Born in Wisconsin, coached high school ball in Wisconsin and then coached a very small college in Wisconsin and then went to coach Buffalo when Bobby Hurley left. Then Alabama hired him. That's his whole career!!

Strange how he's never been in the south but then comes here and recruits well and has won alot of games. Now they've hired Kalen DeBoer in football and he's never been in the south either. If he does well at Bama then maybe it isn't so much where the person is from but more about how well the athletics department is ran. After Harsin bombed, all I've heard is that a coach that's never been in the south will never win. Could it possibly be that our athletics department isn't ran as well as Alabama's is? I mean, Brian Kelly has done fine at LSU and he's never been in the south that I know of. 

Harsin damaged our minds as well as our football program. It wasn't a bad idea to look outside the south. It was actually a very good idea to look outside the good ol' boy network. We just hired the wrong guy. 

The right coach can recruit anywhere. 

• Like 3

Just now, cbo said:

Harsin damaged our minds as well as our football program. It wasn't a bad idea to look outside the south. It was actually a very good idea to look outside the good ol' boy network. We just hired the wrong guy. 

The right coach can recruit anywhere. 

When will we get that guy?

Just now, fishepa said:

You all deserve it. Easiest path to the final four ever. 

Don't blame me but UCONN is ridiculously good. They have won their 4 games by 39, 17, 30 and 25. That is insane.............

AU specializes in hiring endearing coaches who make the fanbase feel good.   I’ll leave it at that. 

Two things I'm proud of this game. One we used to fuss at Mark all the time for being too quiet and even when the game was won he was reigning his guys in and communicating. 

And you would have to know him but he wouldn't shoot 3s when he was younger, and the way he started didn't put his head down, didn't hesitate, didn't freeze up. Let the first half be the first half second half you would have thought he didn't miss a shot the first half.  

Most points in a season?? Teared up a little bit. He's been told he's not good enough for so long....I hope he thinks about what he accomplished

I may have to go to the final 4 to get the experience.

Edited by cole256
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

When will we get that guy?

Pearl is that guy on the basketball side.

For football, I'm guessing we get another shot 2 seasons from now. 

I don't see them beating UConn, but like I said when we had our awesome backcourt, when you have good guards all it takes is a guy getting hot at the right time and who knows what can happen.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Don't blame me but UCONN is ridiculously good. They have won their 4 games by 39, 17, 30 and 25. That is insane.............

I expect it to be competitive. Just like the North Carolina the tough OOC schedule will pay dividends in which the moment won’t be to big. If Sears can control the game and Bama hit their threes it might get interesting 

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

Pearl is that guy on the basketball side.

For football, I'm guessing we get another shot 2 seasons from now. 

I’m guessing we improve in football over the next two years and we get to see a much better program. 

• Like 1

Just now, e808 said:

I expect it to be competitive. Just like the North Carolina the tough OOC schedule will pay dividends in which the moment won’t be to big. If Sears can control the game and Bama hit their threes it might get interesting 

I just hope Bama doesn't lose by more than 15. For a football school, not bad this year and last year they were better.

But we won the Sec tournament. It just means more [yellow font]. I can’t help but feel how excited I would be for Auburn to be in the final four tonight.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I’m guessing we improve in football over the next two years and we get to see a much better program. 

2 more seasons? lol Anything in Freeze gives you that confidence?

everyone else is getting better plus Oklahoma and Texas

Just now, TigerOne said:

2 more seasons? lol Anything in Freeze gives you that confidence?

everyone else is getting better plus Oklahoma and Texas

We will see. I like what I’m seeing on campus right now. 

• Like 1