NCAA Tournament Thread (Non-Auburn Games)

Figured we should have a thread where we can talk about the tournament in general and other games we are watching. Watched the finish of Grambling State game. They have a deep bench. 35 bench points! Will be interesting how Purdue deals with their speed. 

It seems like the refs are letting teams play instead of being whistle heavy. If that is the trend throughout the tournament, that bodes well for us... 

• Like 1

Spartans hitting most of whatever they throw up. Not the case for Miss St. . Hubbard and rest of team are cold. Miss St. going late into the clock on most possessions and then taking difficult shots. Spartans look better overall.

47 minutes ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

Right now Miss St can’t stop Michigan State’s offensive firepower.

Here we go. They always talk big about the SEC and then so many get knocked out early. We struggled with state, and they got blown away. You have to score a lot to advance in the tournament. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, keeperoftheplains said:

Not even 2 hours in and my bracket is already busted all to hades.  Thanks Miss St.

Don't ever trust the SEC to perform well. 

26 minutes ago, keeperoftheplains said:

Not even 2 hours in and my bracket is already busted all to hades.  Thanks Miss St.

Yeah. I thought Moo St would put up a tougher fight also.

What happened to Moo State? Looked nothing like they did a week ago. Went very quiet today.

Long Beach St has played Arizona even the first half.  I love college basketball.

Edit:  Man, the Wildcats opened up a can on LBSt to start the second half.

Edited by keeperoftheplains

Fatigue in a game will be a non-factor because the commercials are coming fast and furious. Constant breaks. 

Miss St.  What a loser program.  

• Like 1

South Carolina looking like Mississippi State so far...2 TOs in a row to start the game.

Morehead St only down by one at the half against Illinois.  T'would be nice to go ahead and get the Illini out of the East bracket early.

Edit: Much like Arizona did, Illinois had enough of the foolishness and closed the door.

Edited by keeperoftheplains

6 minutes ago, e808 said:

SEC is not off to a great start

Meechie and BJ Mack have combined for only 10 points in the first half. SCar is going to mess around and get sent home.

9 minutes ago, keeperoftheplains said:

Meechie and BJ Mack have combined for only 10 points in the first half. SCar is going to mess around and get sent home.

Unfortunately SC ran into a hot Oregon team

BYU ran into a bad match up with Duquesne. I never thought SCar or Moo State would do much. Their style of play is fine in the SEC because there is a lot of beating each other up but you have to be able to score in tournament. Neither of them were big offensive threats...

At any rate, Oregon beating SCar isn't all that surprising. They hung around for a little bit but its getting ugly. 

• Like 1

Kentucky and Tennessee should  be ok tonight. So hopefully we can split 2-2 on the first day(if SC drops to Oregon).

Edited by SuperAUsome09

1 hour ago, keeperoftheplains said:

The SEC will taught me years ago not to trust them. I fell for it again!

Also. Oregon just cannot miss today. 

Edited by CCTAU

38 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

BYU ran into a bad match up with Duquesne. I never thought SCar or Moo State would do much. Their style of play is fine in the SEC because there is a lot of beating each other up but you have to be able to score in tournament. Neither of them were big offensive threats...

At any rate, Oregon beating SCar isn't all that surprising. They hung around for a little bit but its getting ugly. 

I just couldn't understand how SCar managed the record they had during the season. They were a head scratcher for me. They just were not that good but kept winning. I expected a quick exit from them. Was the game at Neville? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not sure I understand how two pretty good SEC teams could have been upset dominated today in bracket-busting style.

I didn't see this coming at all.

16 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Not sure I understand how two pretty good SEC teams could have been upset dominated today in bracket-busting style.

I didn't see this coming at all.

I had Oregon and Moo State. Should have known better. Izzo teams are tough to beat in tournament. Now the question is the SEC as good as we think it is or bad matchups 

Oakland playing Kentucky. 

LOL,Oakland passes well, rebounds well, does everything well except shoot the ball.

I take that back. Shots falling now.

Edited by Eagle-2
  • Haha 1