NCAA Tournament Thread (Non-Auburn Games)

NC State keeping it rolling through 20...a 13-point lead having committed more turnovers than Marquette.

Marquette has a run in them, I figure. Can NC State respond when/if it happens?

1 hour ago, KansasTiger said:

Because it's the classic case of what could have been had BP recognized Sears' talent. It's been shared on this board that Sears wanted and possibly preferred to be at Auburn. The fact we didn't recruit him at all might be one of BP's biggest mistakes and oversights. BP has little control over Shariffe or Thor staying. He DID have control over recruiting Sears, and didn't do it.

I understand that he had control on who he recruited, that’s a given.   He chose not to.   Why beat a dead horse?   There are plenty of guys Auburn could play “well if only we had this guy on the team “.   What I fail to see is why him,   Auburn didn’t want him and didn’t even go after him.   Auburn had some chances of actually keeping some players,  why not hypothetically ask what if they had been on the team?   Or what if Aden had developed more?  

26 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I understand that he had control on who he recruited, that’s a given.   He chose not to.   Why beat a dead horse?   There are plenty of guys Auburn could play “well if only we had this guy on the team “.   What I fail to see is why him,   Auburn didn’t want him and didn’t even go after him.   Auburn had some chances of actually keeping some players,  why not hypothetically ask what if they had been on the team?   Or what if Aden had developed more?  

Yeah, we should move on from that, Lol.

Anywho, hope NC State holds on and wins against Marquette!

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

It's getting brought up again cause we're watching our rival go to the Elite 8 led by the guy we could have had. It's not rocket science...instead you want to divert to some random hypothetical not applicable to the moment like there isn't some giant tournement going on where this guy is killing it every game. You can discuss your random hypothetical in the offseason. Half the people here still think there isn't any issue with how and who BP has been recruiting guard wise. 

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A Houston-NC State regional final would be an interesting historical flashback to the '83 championship game that NC State won on a dunk at the buzzer.

Haven't watched a whole lot of Duke this year, so don't really know how they match up against Houston.

Purdue's redemption tour is picking up steam. Creighton or Tennessee is going to have to play a great game to beat them.

Shead's ankle roll looked pretty severe. Hope he didn't tear ligaments... he's UH's engine on offense.

As I said way up-thread, with AU out NC State is my favorite. They beat Marquette last night even with their fat boy having a poor game. Let's keep it rolling Wolf Pack!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

As I said way up-thread, with AU out NC State is my favorite. They beat Marquette last night even with their fat boy having a poor game. Let's keep it rolling Wolf Pack!

I feel the same way.

On 3/29/2024 at 10:36 AM, AuCivilEng1 said:

We say that, but watch their whole starting lineup get the flu, the day before they play Bama.

If those guards shoot 3-15 and 9 points total, then I will believe in the rigged agenda 😆.  Both Arizona and UNC guards were abysmal to set up Bama path.  Watch Clemson (who lit it up from 3 Thursday) go cold tonight too. 

• Like 1

Well I guess Bama would have the 2nd easiest road to F4 if they win.  Duke actually topped it lol

8 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Well I guess Bama would have the 2nd easiest road to F4 if they win.  Duke actually topped it lol

Meh that’s so arguable. Bama’s sweet sixteen run was laughable. And North Carolina is at the worst, on par with Houston. 

Bottom line in all of this is win and advance. I would have no problem if Auburn was in the same position. U cant control what happens around u.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

If those guards shoot 3-15 and 9 points total, then I will believe in the rigged agenda 😆.  Both Arizona and UNC guards were abysmal to set up Bama path.  Watch Clemson (who lit it up from 3 Thursday) go cold tonight too. 

I think that's actually strategy that causes that to a point IMO 

• Like 1

They kept showing my young niece and nephew in the stands during last game. Moments like that are so cool.

• Love 3

I'm not sure I've ever seen a 30-0 run in any basketball game, never mind an Elite 8 game. Jawdropping.

• Like 2

Man this looks like the UConn invitational. They are steamrolling teams. Putting them in what was perceived to be a tough bracket made them go to another level

Edited by e808

UCOnn is like the AU team with Jabari and Kessler except they have excellent guard play. 

1 hour ago, fishepa said:

UCOnn is like the AU team with Jabari and Kessler except they have excellent guard play. 

Except we weren't whooping up on teams like this. Lol.

• Like 1

My second alma mater, Illinois (where I did graduate studies), was just clobbered by UConn. Sigh. Now I'm in the "do not give any F's" for this tourney.

1 hour ago, fishepa said:

Nah. 

• Like 3

UConn is 10-0 the last 2 years in the NCAA Tournament and all 10 wins have been by 13 points or more. No other team in history has accomplished that. 

If Alabama holds on to beat Clemson, they'll face UConn in the Final Four. Beating UConn would be something like Bama and Nate Oats would pull off even though I don't think they'll do it. 

I've seen some people saying Bama doesn't belong here because they lost 10 regular season games. Our Final Four team in 2019 lost 9 regular season games and finished tied for 4th in the SEC regular season. It's all about getting hot at the right time and getting the right matchups. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

UConn is 10-0 the last 2 years in the NCAA Tournament and all 10 wins have been by 13 points or more. No other team in history has accomplished that. 

If Alabama holds on to beat Clemson, they'll face UConn in the Final Four. Beating UConn would be something like Bama and Nate Oats would pull off even though I don't think they'll do it. 

I've seen some people saying Bama doesn't belong here because they lost 10 regular season games. Our Final Four team in 2019 lost 9 regular season games and finished tied for 4th in the SEC regular season. It's all about getting hot at the right time and getting the right matchups. 

The kicker in all of this is I believe the 2019 played a pretty tough OOC schedule as well just like Bama

• Like 1

I just looked up Nate Oats coaching career and he has NEVER been in the south until he took this Alabama job. Born in Wisconsin, coached high school ball in Wisconsin and then coached a very small college in Wisconsin and then went to coach Buffalo when Bobby Hurley left. Then Alabama hired him. That's his whole career!!

Strange how he's never been in the south but then comes here and recruits well and has won alot of games. Now they've hired Kalen DeBoer in football and he's never been in the south either. If he does well at Bama then maybe it isn't so much where the person is from but more about how well the athletics department is ran. After Harsin bombed, all I've heard is that a coach that's never been in the south will never win. Could it possibly be that our athletics department isn't ran as well as Alabama's is? I mean, Brian Kelly has done fine at LSU and he's never been in the south that I know of. 

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 3