NCAA Tournament Thread (Non-Auburn Games)

Would you believe me if I told you our two PGs only scored 5 points against Yale the other night?

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1

I wish AU had guards like Shead and Cryer. We need guys that can go get you a basket or finish at the rim or dish it off when needed. March is about defense, rebounding and good consistent guard play. Teams go far with those three things. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I love Bruce and hope he’s still our coach for years, but it is unarguable how much better an in-game coach Buzz is than our guy. I don’t know if anyone in our conference plays up to the opponent quite as well as they do 

That was one of the reasons I preferred Florida in the SEC championship game instead of Tamu. Dude can coach

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

Would you believe me if I told you our two PGs only scored 5 points against Yale the other night?

Yes Aden played all of 13 minutes. Which forced Tre to play way more minutes than usual 

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

Thus a big reason we lost. I know a big focus is on CBM. But guard play wins you games in the tourney. AU and BP should know that from 2019. 

I need my bigs to rebound and defend. Guards are going to win you games in the tourney. 

It that had been a one and one FT situation..whew the drama.

Edited by WarEagle1983
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Thus a big reason we lost. I know a big focus is on CBM. But guard play wins you games in the tourney. AU and BP should know that from 2019. 

I need my bigs to rebound and defend. Guards are going to win you games in the tourney. 

That’s the negative of the team. U don’t expect many points from the guards just hope they manage the game 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

Incredible game. It’s hard to evaluate that a guy has “it”, but Buzz knocked that out the park with Boots and Wade. Unfortunately Wade still has eligibility left I’ve just found out, so I guess he will continue to torment the SEC for another year or so 

Held on to that one with scotch tape and baling wire...UH got off to a good start in OT and that was enough.  They're a mentally tough bunch.

• Like 1

Just now, SLAG-91 said:

Held on to that one with scotch tape and baling wire...UH got off to a good start in OT and that was enough.  They're a mentally tough bunch.

Shead is a beast. Luckily he didn’t foul out. He was cool as a cucumber running the offense 

Just now, e808 said:

That’s the negative of the team. U don’t expect many points from the guards just hope they manage game 

That's why it's hard for me to be all in on Auburn basketball in March. I'll always be a UCONN fan #1. Being a fan since 88' and watching program that's won titles, I've seen the guards that have lead them to those wins. They certainly didn't soley manage the game. 

Ben Gordon, Kemba Walker, Ray Allen, Rip Hamilton, Khalid...list goes on and on of guards that showed up big in March. 

Auburn should be getting top guards left and right. 

• Like 3

Just now, SLAG-91 said:

Veteran team for sure. 

Yale hasn't hit 50 yet. This hurts knowing we should be playing right now. SDS hasn't broken as sweat.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

That's why it's hard for me to be all in on Auburn basketball in March. I'll always be a UCONN fan #1. Being a fan since 88' and watching program that's won titles, I've seen the guards that have lead them to those wins. They certainly didn't soley manage the game. 

Ben Gordon, Kemba Walker, Ray Allen, Rip Hamilton, Khalid...list goes on and on of guards that showed up big in March. 

Auburn should be getting top guards left and right. 

I hear u and need that guy to just go get buckets when things break down

And SDS is going to get smoked next game. Man..what should have been. smh.

An interesting question. Would u rather have won the SEC tourney or be in the sweet sixteen

Just now, e808 said:

An interesting question. Would u rather have won the SEC tourney or be in the sweet sixteen

We should've done both. Not picking one over the other b/c we proved ourselves in the SEC tourney. It was set up for us to make the sweet sixteen at the very least. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

We should've done both. Not picking one over the other b/c we proved ourselves in the SEC tourney. It was set up for us to make the sweet sixteen at the very least. 

I just looked back at last years schedule and it looks like last years team was more battle tested . The OOC schedule was more difficult 

6 minutes ago, e808 said:

I just looked back at last years schedule and it looks like last years team was more battle tested . The OOC schedule was more difficult 

We're playing in the Maui Invitational in November.

Dayton

Colorado

UConn

Michigan State

UNC

Memphis

Iowa State

There will be the opportunity to play a lot of tough games early next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SLAG-91 said:

We're playing in the Maui Invitational in November.

Dayton

Colorado

UConn

Michigan State

UNC

Memphis

Iowa State

There will be the opportunity to play a lot of tough games early next year.

I might have to island hope to watch it live. Looks like  a good line up

23 minutes ago, e808 said:

Exact question I was going to pose. I will take the SEC tourney championship every single time. 

• Like 2