NCAA Tournament Thread (Non-Auburn Games)

39 minutes ago, fishepa said:

I mean yeah, I guess it works when you're hitting your 3's.  

It's kinda been proven to work up to this point anyway.  Find some defense, get a few players to step up and let them score when needed, get a couple more players involved in letting the 3's rain down seems like a is a sensible approach to advance in the tourney.   They've had a few elements come together at just the right time.  

I feel confident it all ends once they hit that UConn brick wall.  😄

I'm not so sure. UA is a difficult match up for UConn because of their 3-point shooting, which largely neutralizes their shot-blocking big man. If UA is on point, then the first team to 110 may be the victor.

21 hours ago, Mikey said:

Most of us don't have any idea of how much money is in the NTY fund or how much is allotted to the different sports. That having been said, there's always a chance.

Auburn NIL can beat G League money.  Not sure about European league.

Edited by JMWATS

3 hours ago, JerryAU said:

It's kinda been proven to work up to this point anyway.  Find some defense, get a few players to step up and let them score when needed, get a couple more players involved in letting the 3's rain down seems like a is a sensible approach to advance in the tourney.   They've had a few elements come together at just the right time.  

I feel confident it all ends once they hit that UConn brick wall.  😄

Well, since we're doing the IF game, if UNCs leading scorer and best 3 pt shooter goes just a little better than 4 for 20 in the uat game, a lot of people that base AUs season on what uat does would be much happier. In a 3 game series, bama is toast. In a 40 minute game against an opponent you haven't played before, anything can happen. UConn has been the best team in the nation, IMO. Rarely does the best team win this tournament. 

Edited by JuscAUse!

Great women's game going on.  Caitlin Clark is amazing.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Great women's game going on.  Caitlin Clark is amazing.

Absolutely. Very entertaining. These Iowa girls don’t hustle very well. They run pretty good stuff and of course Clark is a baller.

I wonder why the women play 4 quarters instead of 2 halves.

32 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Wonder why some women coaches and assistants wear spike heals on a basketball court?

no respect for the facilities and maintenance crews

Edited by TigerOne

1 minute ago, TigerOne said:

Wonder why some women coaches and assistants wear spike heals on a basketball court?

Good point.

Clark is the real deal Holyfield . Want to see her versus USC. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

Clark is the real deal Holyfield . Want to see her versus USC. 

Don’t know why LSU didn’t double her soon as she crossed half court. My defense would have been any body but her. Her team screwed her on several assist. Didn’t finish well at the rim

• Like 1

Watching the next game...Paige Bueckers (UConn) is considered by some to be better than Caitlin Clark.  I'm seeing her play for the first time.  We'll see...

Edited by WillMunny

37 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Dang dawg! I believe women should wear heels whenever possible.

30 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Dang dawg! I believe women should wear heels whenever possible.

Kim Mulkey on the prowl.

IMG_3628.jpeg

39 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Watching the next game...Paige Bueckers (UConn) is considered by some to be better than Caitlin Clark.  I'm seeing her play for the first time.  We'll see...

I have watched both several times. Bueckers is a very good player but she's no Caitlin Clark.

I don’t see Geno and UConn letting Clark get the looks she got today

9 hours ago, e808 said:

I don’t see Geno and UConn letting Clark get the looks she got today

The thing about Iowa is that if you double/triple team Clark they have others who can score and Clark is an excellent passer/assist person. It's going to be an interesting final four.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, JMWATS said:

Kim Mulkey on the prowl.

IMG_3628.jpeg

Well, you got me.  I would actually like to see less of Kim, no matter what she's wearing.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, WillMunny said:

Great question. They play the same 4 quarters now in lacrosse, which used to be halves. The NCAA must believe women sports need more rest now than in the past with all the weak guys currently playing women's sports.

• Like 2

On 3/31/2024 at 1:29 PM, cole256 said:

No he hasn't, he simply hasn't hit on his point guards. When we got Cooper we were still short on guards that could handle the ball.

If Oates recruited the way we do then he wouldn't have signed Mark. He would have said we have a guard..... And then they wouldn't be where they are now. They may not would even have made the tournament. 

Then the next we signed 3 or 4 guards from small schools a couple of years after that.... You have to evaluate and know what you are seeing. I saw Mark play Cooper head to head and outplayed him their senior year.... That's the thing you look at. So now you have your 5 star and you also know you have a diamond in the rough because you did your diligence. I'm sure Auburn had coaches watching that game.

Sat down and had a convo with Mark's dad. Pearl told them that they really liked him but didn't have any room for him. Another one of Auburn coaches made a joke asking him if he could grow 2 or 3 inches over the summer then maybe could use him. 

Somebody asked me about this and I couldn't remember who

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Sat down and had a convo with Mark's dad. Pearl told them that they really liked him but didn't have any room for him. Another one of Auburn coaches made a joke asking him if he could grow 2 or 3 inches over the summer then maybe could use him. 

Somebody asked me about this and I couldn't remember who

Wow 

Watching this women's game.  Good game.  Go SC.

Also been watching the G-League.  Reminds me there's a big difference between college, then G League, then NBA.

Edited by WillMunny

SC ran some good offense! Have a whole team of scorers. I think whoever makes it to them in the Championship game will have a problem on their hands. 

Looking forward to watching this next one though! I'm thinking UConn comes out with the W. 

Anybody watching this UConn vs. Iowa women's game tonight?

• Like 3